• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Away Mob

Tokyo - Fifa World Club Cup

colossus   

I'm only arriving on the Friday with my girlfriend - we are stopping through Tokyo for 4 days on the way to New Zealand. Staying at Hotel Niwa, near the Tokyo Dome. Hoping to find a good spot not far from the stadium for a few drinks on Sunday afternoon before the game. Not sure what places are recommended, will do some research soon. Have you come across anything?

I've previously been to an All Blacks v Australia rugby game in Tokyo - looking forward to watching Chelsea lift the World Club Cup (fingers crossed)!

So wish I was going!

Me too. Going to Japan has always been a dream of mine, seeing Chelsea at the same time would be perfection!

Staying in Shinjuku - tokyo easy commute train straight to the yokohama ground. Got a good deal flight and hotel for 800 pounds considering going to munich for the final was around the same price. Leaving on the monday 10th december and get back on the 18th december then next day leeds away so a bit full on but looking foward to getting away and seeing tokyo. Not too sure yet on what people are doing that is why I got this topic going but I know there is a English pub called The Rose and Crown near Shinjuku main train station. In yokohama I'm not sure yet aswell as I'm doing research myself.

The only problem I have is trying the find streets,roads. Aren't they all going to be in Japanese (obvious answer) which is going to be a nightmare finding places.

Sorted my travel out through InsideJapan Tours. Staying in Shinjuku which is very cool - visited during World cup 2002. Travelling into Yokohama for the games. Have train tickets sorted. English pubs are straight forward (Hub Pub etc) but there are Japanese style places which have deals on and you can drink/eat for 2 hrs for about £25. Looking forward to it. Bring it on!

colossus   

This might have been posted on the site before, but there is a Japanese Chelsea fan who has gone to some effort putting together a website with information for visiting Japan, with bar suggestions, getting to the ground etc. If you haven't already seen it, check it out here:

http://howe-gtr.air-nifty.com/chelseainjapan/

That's a good little link! Fifa club WC has kicked off with Auckland FC getting knocked out by Hiroshima 1-0. Come on Chelsea!!! We can win this even with Benitez!?!?!

JayD   

Even if I was managing I think we would still win it... Never know though.