• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldensoutheast

Falcao To Chelsea January?

sudden boom in speculation today, but I remember exactly the same thing with Hulk to be honest. I'll be over the moon if he comes, if not slightly worried about him flopping. That said I get the impression he's too good to flop, he's better than Sheva and Torres ever were.

Sir   

sudden boom in speculation today, but I remember exactly the same thing with Hulk to be honest. I'll be over the moon if he comes, if not slightly worried about him flopping. That said I get the impression he's too good to flop, he's better than Sheva and Torres ever were.

Better than Sheva ever was??????? Not sure about that one.

Zoowraa   

I agree. He not as good as Sheva at his best and in his prime.

Would be very happy if we signed him. I sound like a broken record, but I still think Cavani is the one we should go for though. Personally, I would rather wait until summer and give Napoli £40 million.

Even if that meant signing some stop gaps in January until we could get hold of him.

Falcao's last three seasons- 34, 38 and 36 goals. 20 in 16 this season. Sheva never had consecutive seasons that prolific... I don't know to be fair I wasn't watching a lot of European football when he was at his best but a lot of pundits are saying Falcao's the best number 9 in world football right now... the guy is very very good.

I only caught some of Sheva from the early 2000's onwards, but I have to say, I'm a bigger fan of Falcao. That goal against Barca really showcased a side of his game that a lot of people dont seem to acknowledge - which is his tendency to create something out of nothing. His second goal against Chelsea was also a great example of that.. The one where he pulled up in the area and curled it into the top corner around Cech. That was Henry-esque to me. Just plain self-confidence borderline arrogance. And to do that in a final. Wow.

Really hope we get him. I think only RVP comes close to him right now, and IMO Falcao's a cut above even RVP.

Russ   

Clicking to visit those sites only encourages them to ' write ' more rubbish.

Why bother?

Kezza   

Lol. As always the grass is always greener on the other side. Every new player who has yet to join us is better and more amazing than the ones we already have. That is until they flop when everyone turns up and say they knew it long ago that he is worse than xxx player and shouldn't have been signed. All hindsight. I remember the optimism and excitement when Sheva and Torres signed. No doubt this is on the same level and even worse people are trying to convince everyone how he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I wonder how many will turned on him after he fails to score for 5 games.