• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bilze

The Sun On Lampard...

Why are Chelsea, having had their best season for decades, risking losing their best player? Veron and Crespo want out anyway, so why can't they agree terms with Frankie now. They will be saving on the wages of two over-rated, over paid players who haven't produced the goods all season.

Abar121   

I agree that Frank has been the joint best Chelsea player this season (along with John Terry of course). Pay him in relation to his performances; we will be far weaker if we lose him.

I've read a couple of reports this morning that Frank Lampard is about to sign a new deal with Chelsea. The deal is for five years with Frank earning £100,000 a week. The deal is meant to be signed and sealed this week. At least it would end speculation about Frank leaving the club. I for one hope it's true, we've all seen Frank mature and become a better player whilst at Stamford Bridge and he can only get better.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is true as I'm sure every Chelsea fan would love to see Frank continue his important role at the club.

richard   

I cannot understand why Frank is still waiting to sign a new deal. How can this be when his performances this season have been nothing less than outstanding? Anybody else bewildered by this? He said on Sky Sports News tonight that he hopes it will be sorted out soon and that he wants to sign. Here we have one of the best midfielders on the land and we haven't given him another contract yet?

I'm getting worried here. What do you think?

I read on several different sites/papers that he had signed a new deal, which could be from £60K - £100K per week depending on who you believe.

Don't tell me its not finished! Maybe they were waiting for the management situation to be resolved, although I didn’t think managers were involved much, if at all, in wage negotiations. If its not resolved this is such a pain as Euro 2004 starts in 2 weeks and we don't want Frankie to be unsettled - he has to prove that he should be in the starting XI!

I don't think there's anything to worry about Richard, I'm sure once the managerial side of things has been sorted then we'll see Lampard signing a new contract. Frank himself has said that he hopes things will be sorted before Euro 2004. I wouldn't panic, I'm sure Frank will extend his contract before too long.

kane   

Maybe the talks with AC Milan are bringing Kaka for Lampard and Mourinho will bring in Deco.

richard   

It was interesting this morning to read Paul Schole's comments about FL. He said he, "would have no complaints if FL climaxed an outstanding season being picked ahead of him".

Schole's hasn't scored for England over the past 25 matches, 3 years ago to be exact. He thinks Frank deserves a chance in the starting line up.

However, Frank seems to think he won't start and that Eriksson will go with the experience of Scholes.

Personally I think Frank should be given a chance. Even Nicky Butt could be the starting line up despite not being first choice for his club.

So, anybody else think Frank should start ahead of Scholes?

Well, you may get a few 'negative answers' if you try the asking on the Man U forum but otherwise I think that we are all sane enough here to know that must be a rhetorical question (that's one that doesn't require an answer for all you Arsenal fans).

Sachin   

I am from India and am not that aware of what the England team is usually but based on last seasons performance I can say that there is no way that Lampard should not start.

Definitely Lampard has to start before Scholes or anyone else.

I think Gerrard, Beckham, Lampard all three in the midfield seems to be quite the right choice. Don’t really know who plays at left. But these three have to be in the England starting line for sure.