• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonny_CFC

Southampton Away

Any pubs that the Chels fans will go to for Southampton away tomorrow?

On my last couple of visits there we just stuck to Bedford Place area which is near the station, plenty of places to go round there but can't remember seeing many Chels.

JohnnyG   

I quite fancy the PL game there next month, anyone recommend the best way to get there from London & how long it'll take etc?

Public transport by the way as I might have a beer or 2.

Probably best to get the train from Waterloo straight to Southampton Central, will take just over an hour. The train station is only about a 5 or 10 minute walk from the main pubs near the centre of the city, and then it's just a 10 minute walk down to St Mary's. We were there for the FA Cup and had a right laugh, great day out, gonna try and get tickets for this one as well.

morky   

Really enjoyed the Cup game there also.

Can't do this one though as Sky have moved it to Easter Sunday 4pm so will not have public transport running back to my neck of the woods that late.

I'm sure London based fans will be ok for transport though.

chiblue   

Probably best to get the train from Waterloo straight to Southampton Central, will take just over an hour. The train station is only about a 5 or 10 minute walk from the main pubs near the centre of the city, and then it's just a 10 minute walk down to St Mary's. We were there for the FA Cup and had a right laugh, great day out, gonna try and get tickets for this one as well.

Is yates the best pub for chelsea on easter saturday or are there any better options for atmosphere etc

A lot of the pubs were asking for proof of address to get in them when we played there in the FA Cup, The Giddy Bridge Wetherspoons on London Road is only a 10-15 minute walk from the Railway Staion and was away fan friendly

Gelvin   

Went to the FA Cup game earlier in the year and we drank in the Standing Order Weatherspoons before and after the game, where there was a good mix of Chelsea and Southampton fans. As I live in Southampton, away fans are usually recommended to drink in Yates in the High Street, which is a 5 min walk from Southampton Central train station then a 10-15 walk to St Marys. The Giddy Bridge in London Road usually welcomes away fans, which is around 10-15 mins from the station then a 20 min walk to the ground.