• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Redmond

Frank Lampard Breaks Chelsea's All Time Scoring Record (#210)

kratos   

Hope Frank does it, everyone has got to do their part, we'll do ours by willing him on. Benitez can keep picking him.Hazard can win the pens, Mata can provide the assists and Torres can stand there and try to look pretty.

Jaochs   

I don't think he'll manage to beat the record, sadly, but it would certainly be fantastic if he did!

Haha. I know I've been on your back regarding Lamps but come on. This post is a tad out of order. The only players I've seen shoot from 40 yards over the last couple of seasons are Luiz and Ivanovic... And it's quite interesting that despite Lamps only caring for himself scoring and never passing to a teammate in a bette position he's recorded the highest ever number of assists in the Premier League. That's weird don't you think?

Anyhow, back on topic. Great thread Richard! I've been counting down to this record since we won the league in 2006. Back then I didn't think he could reach it but by 2009 I was absolutely certain he would.

Now I unfortunately think the clubs decision to not renew his contract will be the deciding factor. Another 10 goals will be a tall order - even for Frank. He'll be close, really close. I'd wager he'll end up on 198-200 goals before his contract runs out this summer.

Sad. I'm desperate for him to break it. No on deserves it more than him. Top lad and a true Chelsea great. No wonder the fans love him (well most of us atleast!) For me personally I'd take great pride in having been "there" for his whole stay with us and being able to see so many of his goals live. A story to tell the grandkids no doubt.

Come on Frank. Make it happen! If he does break it I'll celebrate it like it was me who broke the record...

I agree it was quite harsh on Frank!

But anyway, it's a tough one, and I really really hope he can do it. For me, if he does then I think it would be a fitting end to his Chelsea career and would allow him to end it a la Drogba last season. Him breaking the record is the only way I could see him not getting a new deal being justified.

He's allowed (been told?) to let others have the FKs lately, he needs to get back on duty! If we'd had all the stone wall pens given that weren't this season he'd get the record no doubt.

We need to get the 'shooooooot' chants going whenever he gets the ball. He knows anyway but it'll show him how much we want him to get the record as well.

Starting tomorrow against the Swans! C'mon Frank!!

I'm backing him to get it! Every single goal from him will be absolutely brilliant, even more than before. If Lampard's scoring, we'll be winning. I can't recall his selfishness in shooting costing us games.

paulw66   

As long as he takes every free kick, every penalty, shoots every time from 40 yards... Oh wait? :P just kidding! Yeah he'll break the all time record, I imagine. Some players don't care about records, they care more for the team, but you can tell Frank blatant is desperate for the record, which is fair enough. Just hope this record isn't detrimental to the team, like rather than shooting from 40 yards, a through ball to another player to score is more suffice. If he breaks the record, though, then fair enough. I'm not bothered either way, particularly. Each player in those lists have done incredible things for the football club as it is.

I find it extraordinary that any fan "wouldnt be bothered"......

This is histroy in the making......how many times in a lifetime following Chelsea are we going to get see that record being broken? The appearances record will probably last forever and thus I see this one as the only one I am ever like to see broken.

The greatest player in our histroy breaking the club's goalscoring record (from midfield) will be an incredible moment and one that I am going to chase Chelsea round the country in order to try and witness.

Sir   

I find it extraordinary that any fan "wouldnt be bothered"......

This is histroy in the making......how many times in a lifetime following Chelsea are we going to get see that record being broken? The appearances record will probably last forever and thus i see this one as the only one I am ever like to see broken.

The greatest player in our histroy breaking the club's goalscoring record (from midfield) will be an incredible moment and one that I am going to chase Chelsea round the country in order to try and witness.

I just don't mind who has the record, or who breaks them. Just doesn't excite me as much as titles being won. Got to be honest about it. Sure it's a fantastic feat, of course it is.

Scored : 1 away to Stoke 12/1/13

1 Bobby Tambling 1959–1970 202
2 Frank Lampard 2001–2013 194

3 Kerry Dixon 1983–1992 193

Think he'll do it. He thrives playing off a big-striker who holds up the play and Ba does exactly that. Could've had a hat-trick today - SHOULD have had a hat-trick today. Would've put him right up there! I can only imagine how it hurt not to bag those chances, even after the game with the scoreline already decided he must've been thinking about what it would've done for him in terms of that list.

I think the most amazing part of Lamps' record is that he's not even a striker but yet he plays with so much striking instinct. I dont think there's ever been a player like that before. Scholes and Gerrard used to score bucketloads, yeah, but Frank operates like a genuine poacher just lurking outside the box waiting for a ball to run in and pounce on. Very unusual player!