• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Redmond

Frank Lampard Breaks Chelsea's All Time Scoring Record (#210)

Scooba   

I think the most amazing part of Lamps' record is that he's not even a striker but yet he plays with so much striking instinct. I dont think there's ever been a player like that before. Scholes and Gerrard used to score bucketloads, yeah, but Frank operates like a genuine poacher just lurking outside the box waiting for a ball to run in and pounce on. Very unusual player!

I think calling lamps an exceptional player is better suited, not unusual!

CFC1966   

There was a hat-trick out there for him today, I doubt there's a real Chelsea fan who doesn't want him to succeed...

There was a hat-trick out there for him today, I doubt there's a real Chelsea fan who doesn't want him to succeed...

This. This. This.

You're absolutely spot on. Come on Frank. Another 9 to go!!! We're not offering sir Frank Lampard another contract? Alright then. All my efforts will be focused on the man beating that record!

Go on SFL, go get that record. Should have had a hat trick but 9 goals in at least 25 games? Should be done. Would love to be there when he does it but as long as he does it doesn't matter.

"Sign him up!"

I really, really, really want him to make it.. More than ANYTHING!

But I just don't see him having enough time :(

I really, really, really want him to make it.. More than ANYTHING!

But I just don't see him having enough time :(

His current scoring rate says otherwise. 5 in his last 5 starts. (6 in 5 with his offside goal against QPR counted). Further take into consideration his shooting rate (not just normal shots, but ones that keep the keepers on their toes) and things like that miss against Stoke after his pen yesterday, and the likehood increases even more.

So he needs 9 more goals in 18 games left minimum; 30 maximum without replays (33 with replays), his current scoring rate suggests he'll get there with games to spare.

Leo91   

If we can get 3/4 more penalties this season when Frank is on the pitch and he scores them he's halfway there. COME ON!

This. This. This.

You're absolutely spot on. Come on Frank. Another 9 to go!!! We're not offering sir Frank Lampard another contract? Alright then. All my efforts will be focused on the man beating that record!

I actually think him breaking the record before the end of the season and then leaving for the US would be.akin to Drogs in terms of perfect ending, breaks the record, at home, last game of this season.

Well, actually, the perfect ending would be for him to retire here, with the record broken. But reality seems to say that won't happen

Legend

FA Cup final against Arsenal. 1-0 Lampard, goal 203.

Against them, or Spurs or indeed against West Ham. QPR another shout but unlikely we'll play them again this season. I Hdon't think it'll happen in the FA Cup final though. He'll be well past the record by then :).