• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marcos_14

Iago Aspas

I wanna know if in England mass talks about the possibility that Iago Aspas would be a Chelsea signing from Celta Vigo.

Here in Spain mass says that transfert is almost closed. (8 millions pounds)

I have to say Aspas is a good player with a lot of courage but I dont know if that notice is true because Chelsea have in this position Ba and Torres.

PD : Sorry for my English I'm learning! :)

There's nothing in the media over here just yet (I don't think anyway). The only link I've seen is that Marca one.

I've seen nothing of him, so I can't comment on his ability. If he was to sign, then as always I'd welcome him and hope he does well.

There's nothing in the media over here just yet (I don't think anyway). The only link I've seen is that Marca one.

I've seen nothing of him, so I can't comment on his ability. If he was to sign, then as always I'd welcome him and hope he does well.

First, I thought it was a fake but reliable journalistic sources and the roundness of the notice make me change my mind.

Aspas is a good striker, not as fast as Torres but with a lot of courage and he scores a lot of goals.

The problem I see is Aspas lives in a village and he is the absolutly star of Celta and I dont know what would adapt him to London and Chelsea gameplay.

JohnnyG   

I haven't heard anything about him at all & I've been scanning most transfer sites frequently.

If he can kick the ball in the goal on a fairly regular basis, can run without tripping up and knows how to smile he's very welcome at Chelsea as far as I'm concerned.

Ubik   

Marca this evening are running an interesting story for Chelsea fans, which brings a new player into the picture in terms of speculation for this transfer window and the next one. They've picked up a report from Onda Cero, a Spanish radio station, which said that the Premier League side had contacted Celta Vigo during this transfer window to make an offer for Iago Aspas, stated as being €10m.

Aspas has previously been linked with Swansea City but a move there looked to be off this week when Sky Sports quoted the forward as saying "I have read many things saying I was going to go in the winter, but they are not true. Already it has been said several times that at least I will be here until June 30, then we'll see what's best for the club and for me."

"I have been at Celta 17 years and I am very proud to belong to this club. Now I'm very calm because I have a contract until 2017."

Aspas, 25 years old, has scored 8 league goals so far this season and it's easy to assume that Swansea City were looking to sign him as the next potential Michu. Whilst his comments, which were in relation to that speculation, appear to tule out a move, it's probably going to be a different scenario if Chelsea are interested.

Marca say that his club, Celta Vigo, want him to stay until at least the summer and will do their best to explain that to him and try and make the player realise how much they need him. The team are currently just 3 points away from the relegation zone and their situation will be even more tricky if they lose Aspas. Celta Vigo don't want to hold his career back but are desperate not to lose him during this transfer window

todongo   

WTH if this is true.... who is scouting for Chelsea in Spain? Why would numpties follow one another around or inquire about the same players as other Prem clubs? this one seems odd.

I don't think he's bad or just average, but I don't think he's all that special either. I don't think he's a real centre forward but he can probably control the ball and pass better than Torres right now.

Seems to be just some media outlet trying to get attention and nothing more.

Christ cakes, just sign Benyat and some striker and boot Torres out the door.

His statistics are pretty good for a forward in a struggling team. Seems comfortable on the ball and his passing and link-up play are said to be excellent. Operates as a hybrid centre forward/no.10 so gives us good options upfront. A lot of hype about this player in Spain and 10m euros could be a good investment.

Here is an enthusiastic write up on him:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1465290-why-every-single-premier-league-club-should-target-celta-vigos-iago-aspas

todongo   

he's a glorified/promoted CAM with good control, but I doubt he makes a good CF in the Prem. If he exhibits the poise and persistence of a footballer like Michel Salgado, then he might be worth something--but I don't think he's good enough.

Bleacher Report makes me nauseous.

ish   

not saying much but this is what whoscored has to say about him.

Rating when Starting FW - 7.42 Overall Rating - 7.36

Linked with a move to Wales to join the aforementioned Michu at Swansea, Celta's Iago Aspas has been a revelation in his first season in La Liga. The 25 year old was key to his side's promotion last season, netting 23 goals, and has adapted to the top flight extremely well to bag 8 already from 18 starts. His conversion rate of 12.9% is slightly less impressive but Aspas is clearly not afraid to try his luck. However, he offers a great deal more than merely his goalscoring prowess, with a tally of 48 key passes only bettered by Joaquin and Ozil in La Liga. Averages of 1.3 successful dribbles, 1.4 accurate crosses and 1.1 tackles per game go to show that the forward is the complete package.