cc1173

Jose Mourinho (Leaves For The Second Time)

11,887 posts in this topic

^, ^^^. Man U unbeaten in how long now?

On current form they'll be title challengers with 80 something points. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

^, ^^^. Man U unbeaten in how long now?

On current form they'll be title challengers with 80 something points. 

Excellent , the continued rise of United is what makes me get up in the morning.

The run since Chelsea beat them is 8 wins, 7 draws and no losses. All of the top 6 except Chelsea and ManCity draw too much which is why we are out ahead. Up to the Chelsea game they had  5 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses, the same number of losses as us. Worth bearing in mind that a win and a loss is better than two draws.

You know Jose is concerned/jealous of whats happening in our club (that he couldnt replicate last year) because he sees a need to say things about us. Conte has been there and done it so I hope he doesnt rise to it.

14 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

You know Jose is concerned/jealous of whats happening in our club (that he couldnt replicate last year) because he sees a need to say things about us. Conte has been there and done it so I hope he doesnt rise to it.

Really?  I thought it was that every time he is challenged by the press about Man U being on a long unbeaten run but "are they playing the Man U attacking way".  He points out to the press that there is a team at the top of the league which all the media is praising and which is playing defensive football.

His point is that the press are just hypocrites or idiots or both.  They, in classic press denial, say JM is making a snide personal attack on the Chelsea fans that loved him.  
I don't know about you, but it just makes me hate the press even more.

BTW, Conte doesn't read the press, but I'm sure he has a media adviser who will explain what really is being said and why.  Of course he won't react to the media.

53 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really?  I thought it was that every time he is challenged by the press about Man U being on a long unbeaten run but "are they playing the Man U attacking way".  He points out to the press that there is a team at the top of the league which all the media is praising and which is playing defensive football.

His point is that the press are just hypocrites or idiots or both.  They, in classic press denial, say JM is making a snide personal attack on the Chelsea fans that loved him.  
I don't know about you, but it just makes me hate the press even more.

BTW, Conte doesn't read the press, but I'm sure he has a media adviser who will explain what really is being said and why.  Of course he won't react to the media.

Utter shite.

We were not on the media agenda at all when Jose was being interviewed so why that cretin felt the need to bring us into it I have no idea. The only agenda was his one and that was to have a dig; any suggestion otherwise shows you didn't listen to his interview at all.

With you he just can do no wrong but Droy, he is an odious man at an odious club and I think that exiledblue is right that JM is jealous that no one is talking about his side and their unbeaten run. Certainly nowhere near as much as they have been waxing lyrical about our lot this season and he doesn't like it.

I saw a lot of the United vs Watford game and at no point from what I watched were they 'phenomenal'. But listening to Mourinho you'd have thunk they were perfection. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

Utter shite.

We were not on the media agenda at all when Jose was being interviewed so why that cretin felt the need to bring us into it I have no idea. The only agenda was his one and that was to have a dig; any suggestion otherwise shows you didn't listen to his interview at all.

With you he just can do no wrong but Droy, he is an odious man at an odious club and I think that exiledblue is right that JM is jealous that no one is talking about his side and their unbeaten run. Certainly nowhere near as much as they have been waxing lyrical about our lot this season and he doesn't like it.

I saw a lot of the United vs Watford game and at no point from what I watched were they 'phenomenal'. But listening to Mourinho you'd have thunk they were perfection. 

I also watched that match and they tore Watford apart many times during that game. Ended up with 2 but could have easily had 5.

Mourinho is quite simply pointing out the obvious - that Conte's current chelsea side is actually more defensive than his sides ever were and our current side gets a lot more praise than we ever did at any point under his command. 

Did he say anything thats untrue? Can you genuinely argue that we are showing any more attacking impetus than his highly criticized sides ever did?

If your concern is why he had to mention us, isn't that obvious? We are the league leaders aren't we? Clearly he wants to be where we are. There is nothing odious about him in the least.

The media follow JM because he is box office, always likely to give them a headline  either because of his emotions or his liking for psychological games.

He detests not being at the top and is even worse for him as at Man U he has to play a certain way which he knows is harder to get to the top.

Worse is his old team are top and looking like we might run away with the EPL.

I also thought he had a dig at us.

In saying this I expect him to be challenging next year for the top honours.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

With you he just can do no wrong but Droy, he is an odious man at an odious club 

So you are telling me I'm just plain biased  :)

8 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

The media follow JM because he is box office, always likely to give them a headline  either because of his emotions or his liking for psychological games.

He detests not being at the top and is even worse for him as at Man U he has to play a certain way which he knows is harder to get to the top.

Worse is his old team are top and looking like we might run away with the EPL.

I also thought he had a dig at us.

In saying this I expect him to be challenging next year for the top honours.

QFT, although I still can't say I've seen any personal 'digs'.

I take delight in the compliments of a well organised team, that plays well defensively.  But I think people are desperate for drama though, and are misquoting both the questions given (who simply asked about title hopes) and Mourinho's responses.

Personally I don'y believe any third party written versions of what has been said without seeing it from the horses mouth via video.  To that end, I don't recall him saying we are more defensive than his teams ever were, because I'm sure he'd know it's nonsense.  We've attacked enough to be 2nd highest goal scorers after all.