cc1173

Jose Mourinho (Leaves For The Second Time)

11,887 posts in this topic

Celta really should have scored in those closing seconds. The chap who squared the ball should have shot instead. It would have been a delicious end to the game.

Unfortunately I don't see them losing in the final. Jose just doesn't lose finals (I think he's only ever lost one, against Atletico in the copa) and this Ajax team is young, inexperienced and naive.

Edited by A Blue Essien

For the life of me I can't see why the ref sent the Celta player off.  All he did was get slapped. 

But for shocking decision making and finishing in the last seconds of the match, Man U's season was over. 

5 hours ago, Ham said:

For the life of me I can't see why the ref sent the Celta player off.  All he did was get slapped. 

But for shocking decision making and finishing in the last seconds of the match, Man U's season was over. 

nope nor me..

14 hours ago, kev61 said:

If anyone watched the Utd game tonight you would see how Mourhino is losing it.After utd went 1-0 up he parked the bus again and invited Celta Vigo to attack,and but for feckless finishing Celta would have got through.

2 trophies and Champions league football after his first season would hardly qualify as losing it. That would be a better performance this season than every manager in England except Antonio Conte to be perfectly honest.

But he is clearly judged using a completely different yard stick, isn't he?

It says a whole lot about the work he has done in his relatively short career that another season of trophies can be frowned upon IMO.

16 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

2 trophies and Champions league football after his first season would hardly qualify as losing it. That would be a better performance this season than every manager in England except Antonio Conte to be perfectly honest.

It says a whole lot about the work he has done in his relatively short career that another season of trophies can be frowned upon IMO.

Not for me, Clive.

Your benchmark is the Premiership and he is miles behind. 

The league cup is mickey mouse, and the Europa league not much better. That represents a good season for Everton not United. 

It is not Mourinho being judged with a different yardstick, it is United. Van Gaal won the FA Cup last season and got fired. He didn't have the opportunity to win the Europa league as they were in the Champions League. 

Edit - sorry, they did have the chance to win the Europa as they dropped into it. They got a far tougher draw than any United have had this season. 

Edited by paulw66

2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Bang on there mate. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Not for me, Clive.

Your benchmark is the Premiership and he is miles behind. 

The league cup is mickey mouse, and the Europa league not much better. That represents a good season for Everton not United. 

It is not Mourinho being judged with a different yardstick, it is United. Van Gaal won the FA Cup last season and got fired. He didn't have the opportunity to win the Europa league as they were in the Champions League. 

Edit - sorry, they did have the chance to win the Europa as they dropped into it. They got a far tougher draw than any United have had this season. 

Seriously, is this the level of arrogance we have allowed ourselves to fall into?

Paul, you're better than this. In fact, you're much better than this. 

Spent more than any club last summer, City apart. Spent £250 million in last two years. Have Ibrahimovic, Rashford, Martial, Mata, Mikitarhian, Pogba, Rooney and Lingard.

And Jose moans about fixtures - which all big European clubs have to deal with - and plays Mata at RB and Mikhitarian at LB, some of the most boring, defensive football ever. Worse even than the football under LVG and possibly even Moyes. Again, blames everyone else except himself for their failures.

They've underachieved spectacularly. I'd be furious as a United fan, even if they win the EL. Awful season, abysmal football, total betrayal of Fergie's legacy. That squad should have been competing for the title, no question about it, and not resorting to the EL to get CL football and playing Pulis style football.

I hope Ajax beat them and they finish 6th, will be a worse season than last season, and they'll deserve it. And as always, JM will blame anyone and everyone apart from himself. He's underperformed spectacularly this year - any other manager with this kind of showing, would be sacked. Because he's JM, he won't be. And to see CFC fans still defending him blindly even now, is just a joke.

Conte is the epitome of how to behave and be classy as a manager and Jose is the complete opposite. 

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Conte is the epitome of how to behave and be classy as a manager and Jose is the complete opposite. 

What a tasteless and un-selfaware remark.