cc1173

Jose Mourinho (Leaves For The Second Time)

11,787 posts in this topic

They hardly reported it being a done deal but just that Roman badly wanted him and was willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for him. There's nothing to suggest that's not exactly what happened. They also reported that the nature of RDM's sacking was the final straw for PG having any intention of coming here. All that could conceivably tally up perfectly with what's happened.

Exactly my point,"Roman badly wanted him" based on what? Interviews? Quotes? or conjecture?

Jose Mourinho.

Failing That:

Carlo Ancelotti

Jurgen Klopp

Steve Clarke

David Moyes

Ancelotti? No thx.

I'd love David Moyes if we had the patience for him to succeed. Give him two years to build a title challenging team.

Keep saying it....What the f*** does it matter, they won't last a year.....

Exactly my point,"Roman badly wanted him" based on what? Interviews? Quotes? or conjecture?

Apologies if it was your point, but it wasn't what you said. Most of the articles I read referenced the mystical 'club sources' which may or may not have any substance. Quite possibly not but given the circumstantial evidence, our history with trying to attract the 'big thing' in management every couple of seasons and the delay in appointing RDM to the point where I don't think anyone would believe he was ever first choice and PG being the most likely candidate for that mantle it is highly probable.

English journalism is a joke at times but when everyone reports the same thing and all the outside evidence points to it as well I think it's probably the wrong time to point fingers at them. I can't imagine, given how the club's been run the last decade that we wouldn't have been in for him to a greater or lesser extent. As with the title of the thread, who the hell else are we going to go for now?

Honestly relieved Guardiola is off the menu. At least now it means some thought needs to be given to the appointment.

Hopefully we're now done with Spanish/Portugese/Italian managers. We need a firm hand, maybe German (Klop), or Danish (Laudrup).

Moyes is from the same breed as Jose he has that steely man management about him, gains respect, gets 110 percent out of everyone, makes good players very good and takes no slacking or ****.

Bring Fellaini and jelavic with him

After failing to land Guardiola, Roman Abramovich will now turn to Dortmund manager Klopp and Atletico Madrid manager Simeone (Times)

Haha are these guys reading these forums and then writing articles?

After failing to land Guardiola, Roman Abramovich will now turn to Dortmund manager Klopp and Atletico Madrid manager Simeone (Times)

Lol )))

If this was true, you really do wonder if Chelsea have any clue. I saw Emenalo walk past RA today, and it was like Roman's puppy dog walking behind him.

And also, we won't probably ever know, but I would be fascinated to know what Chelsea were doing RE Pep. Were we really trying to go for him? When did we find out it wasn't going to happen? And what's the contingency plan now? You imagine he was our 'number 1' choice, so it's time for the guys on the board to earn their money.

If this was true, you really do wonder if Chelsea have any clue. I saw Emenalo walk past RA today, and it was like Roman's puppy dog walking behind him.

And also, we won't probably ever know, but I would be fascinated to know what Chelsea were doing RE Pep. Were we really trying to go for him? When did we find out it wasn't going to happen? And what's the contingency plan now? You imagine he was our 'number 1' choice, so it's time for the guys on the board to earn their money.

I am completely flabbergasted by our upper management - they do some things right, then they do 10 other things wrong. I am also wondering what the hell is Roman up to? What is his thought process, what does he want for Chelsea? I am just honestly disappointed at where our club finds itself, a spiral that has been getting worse after we sacked Carlo. Roman for me number one needs to get a coach and settle on a long term process (well 3-5 years) and give the coach control or this cycle ain't gonna end!

My honest feeling is that Pep was scared to come after what happened to AVB.