cc1173

Jose Mourinho (Leaves For The Second Time)

11,662 posts in this topic

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri

Chelsea contacted repeatedly Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp, according to Sky Italy

Sky Italy were the first to break Pep to Bayern. Anyways, for me Klopp would be a great signing. Him or Moyes should be the ideal candidate.

Yes rumours being going round we've been in discussions with Jurgen Klopp for a few months now, and just now Sky Italy (the first to report Guardiola to Bayern) are reporting this.

He, along with Hiddink (who is available at the end of the season but would have to be persuaded out of planned retirement) are the two I think could best fit into Chelsea's new manager role and do it justice; sadly I don't think Mourinho will ever be afforded full control with Emenalo around, and never be allowed to rebuild the big powerful team he once did with Abramovich's lust for silky, stardust players.

Simeone is someone who has just lucked out with Falcao turning into the player he has; Athletico Madrid minus Falcao are very ordinary.

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri

Chelsea contacted repeatedly Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp, according to Sky Italy

Sky Italy were the first to break Pep to Bayern. Anyways, for me Klopp would be a great signing. Him or Moyes should be the ideal candidate.

Isn't this the guy who said Sneijder was going to Spurs?

After failing to land Guardiola, Roman Abramovich will now turn to Dortmund manager Klopp and Atletico Madrid manager Simeone (Times)

Haha are these guys reading these forums and then writing articles?

You say that as a joke but I genuinely would not be shocked

And also, we won't probably ever know, but I would be fascinated to know what Chelsea were doing RE Pep. Were we really trying to go for him? When did we find out it wasn't going to happen? And what's the contingency plan now? You imagine he was our 'number 1' choice, so it's time for the guys on the board to earn their money.

I should think April / May 2012. Probably not until after the CL semis. But I should think that Pep had his agent call all the big clubs last spring or earlier, and he would have decided where he was going before he announced his year off.

The press can't realistically say "deals have happened but we don't know what they are". So they talk about the decision factors as if they really are still under consideration, and they talk about done deals and no chance deals, as if they were all likely to happen next week. It doesn't mean we have to think like that.

Guardiola took the easiest job he could get. Doesn't strike me as a strong character...

I reckon it had more to do with the fact that Guardiola appreciated the set-up at Bayern. Unlike Chelsea, Bayern is majority-owned by its supporters and prefers to bring on home-grown players. The club is organised better, has a great stadium and the squad is balanced amd has good potential.

Bayern is the opposite of Chelsea which is run on the whim of one man, surrounded by lackeys who have little football nous, and a Board which doesn't give a toss about the club's traditions, has no sense of loyalty to their managers or past players and has run the squad into the ground with poor purchases, gaping holes in key areas and short-term buys.

Guardiola made the right decision to snub Abramovich. The wonder is that people thought such an intelligent man would choose to go to such a dysfunctional and poorly run club as Chelsea.

If this was true, you really do wonder if Chelsea have any clue.

And also, we won't probably ever know, but I would be fascinated to know what Chelsea were doing RE Pep. Were we really trying to go for him? When did we find out it wasn't going to happen?

According to Guardiola's agent the deal with Bayern was signed and confirmed just before Christmas. Not sure if that means that we were also told then or if we only found out yesterday like everyone else. Would be odd if Guardiola's people would not tell Roman they had made up their minds and just keep him hanging on.

It looks like Di Matteo was sacked then while either Pep was in the stages of making up his mind. Or he was sacked after Abramovich was told that Guardiola wasn't coming to Chelsea.

We all assumed that Benitez was appointed short-term to wait for Guardiola. But what if Abramovich knew already that Pep wasn't coming, sacked Robbie in a fit of pique after some poor results and that Benitez is genuinely on trial for a long-term position?

Either way, can't feel any sympathy for Roman. Maybe it'll make him realise that some things you just can't throw money at...

I'm very pessimistic about our managerial situation. There are maybe three managers in world football who I think the owner and board might trust enough to give a squad and none of them are coming here- Mourinho's career path has been clear for some time, Guardiola has just announced he's off to Bayern and Ferguson ... Well, we don't need to talk about how and why that would never happen.

Realistically, we have the worst manager we possibly could have (sure, we theoretically could plummet down the leagues and end up with some sub-human Warnock clone) and I fear he's going to be here for longer than expected.

What are the other options? No-one is going to be successful enough here without a squad, and no-one we can get will be able to demand a squad. So we'll have to settle for shysters or exciting new young things who'll be gone in 6 months. We might even have one of them signed up already, so we should do the sensible thing and start talking to their replacement.

We're in a bit of a pickle here, to put it lightly.

Let's have Bruce Buck as manager, then we can boo him openly.