• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Mata was crap under Jose, crap under Moyes and has been crap under LVG. Whatever burst of speed and strength he had went after his second season with us. I like the guy but definitely wouldn't want him back. 

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Can't believe they'd be that stupid. If he is named the new manager, I'll be putting a sizeable sum down at the bookies on him being sacked before he's managed two full seasons.

After he's put a trophy or two in the cabinet. I still don't get your bitterness towards him but he will have the last laugh and it will be on our board.

Wow... I had all this down as click bait but it now sounds like the tabloids were right all along then, Jose is going to Man Utd.

I was beaten to it was going to say does that mean Mata is coming back to Chelsea?, wouldn't mind it either.

Given how long these rumours have been around, I wonder how much and for how long LVG knew about this, if not only just finding out today.  Almost feel sorry for him as Man Utd didn't do that bad in getting 5th place and the FA Cup (err did I just praise the red scum (- the other one)... I'll need to chew on some soap later).

One thing that will interest me is that the BBC and several other pundits absolutely villainized and attempted to humiliate Jose all last year.  Now the most adored football team of McNulty and Co, and their love child Rooney, are being managed by Jose it will be interesting to see how they phrase their reports now.  For that matter also, how will his relationship fare with the FA.

What I've read is that all the media were briefed about Mourinho before the Cup Final but agreed to hold off reporting until afterwards. 

I'm pretty sure Jose will win trophies there - but it won't be a certainty he'll win the league by any means. City have Pep plus cash, we have Conte plus cash plus no European distractions (United have Europa - Thursdays), Liverpool have Klopp plus some cash, then there is Arsenal, Spurs and we can't forget the emerging and improving West Ham and even Leicester. 

IMO the title next season will be tight, and between City, United and us. Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs will be the next three down most likely. Given the quality of squads and managers in the PL it would be no disgrace not to win the PL next season - but I think with a proven winner, a rebuild of the squad, more united squad and no distractions of European football, we'll have a great chance. Leicester didn't have Europe this year, which helped them. Liverpool didn't have it two years back and it helped them too. It can definitely help us.

I am certain though that what will happen with Jose is he goes there, all friendly and polite and charming to begin with, then he'll begin to get more confrontational, he'll push his players to their absolute limit, and in the third season, there will be rumours of discontent, results won't be as good (not as bad as ours this year, but not as good), and ultimately, he'll end up leaving. And Rashford, well, will he be sold or ignored? Will the younger players and academy players get a chance? And what about the football - Jose hardly plays in the 'United tradition'. If they think the football will be like Sir Alex under Jose, they are in for a huge surprise. 

I'm sure he'll beat us once or twice and people will use it as evidence we made the wrong choice sacking him. But we didn't. The situation we were in was in large part - though not totally - down to him. He failed to unite the squad, motivate the players, give them confidence, and was outsmarted tactically regularly. We were in relegation form consistently for 4 months. He was given extra time to turn it around. We had no choice. It was the right decision and always will be.

United might be his employer - but we'll always be his club IMO. He'll always be one of us. He'll never love that club like he loves us, not IMO. And they'll never love him like we do. Despite all the mistakes he made, they pale into insignificance against his achievements at Chelsea, and indeed elsewhere.

Anyway, I look forward to doing the double over United next season. And to Jose's first competitive game, which ironically is against the team he managed against in his most recent competitive game, Cluadio Ranieri's Leicester City.

That'll be interesting. 

3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Can't believe they'd be that stupid. If he is named the new manager, I'll be putting a sizeable sum down at the bookies on him being sacked before he's managed two full seasons.

The odds will be short, but they'd be a lot shorter for any other manager.

38 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

United might be his employer - but we'll always be his club IMO. He'll always be one of us. He'll never love that club like he loves us, not IMO. And they'll never love him like we do. Despite all the mistakes he made, they pale into insignificance against his achievements at Chelsea, and indeed elsewhere.

Anyway, I look forward to doing the double over United next season. 

Don't believe all that crap about him loving the club and its supporters, if he could have gotten the job last time around he would have taken it over Chelsea, he will tell everyone how it's always been his dream job, just you wait and see.

As for doing the double over them - NO CHANCE,

United will back him in the transfer market (unlike us) players will be queuing up to join them and they will romp the league, meanwhile we will struggle to make top four..

If true - It is a great signing for ManUre

He will take them one step forward in the beginning and five steps back at the end. "de Ja Vou his second spell here"

4 hours ago, Patnevinswedge said:

After he's put a trophy or two in the cabinet. I still don't get your bitterness towards him but he will have the last laugh and it will be on our board.

Like it was over Lampard? I honestly think that some Chelsea fans wouldn't have a problem with United winning trophies while we dont just so they can come on here and give it to the board. just to be clear on this I have no bitterness towards Mourinho,gutted when he left the first time, suspected it second time around like all of us I reckon, and strangely enough wasn't gutted but if he does come back to bite us I won't be a told you so type.

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

If true - It is a great signing for ManUre

He will take them one step forward in the beginning and five steps back at the end. "de Ja Vou his second spell here"

I share a similar feeling. 

Because we signed Conte, I think my care factor has been decreased about the prospect of Mourinho joining United. I've always felt it was something that may happen at some point as the years rolled by. 

He'll do well, as he tends to usually do initially. Then as the honeymoon period comes to and end, cracks will begin to appear and that's when things will get interesting. This will be the weakest side he'll have ever taken over, with a squad that has a number of players who aren't suited to his ways, so that shall make intriguing viewing to see what he does there. 

Mutu7   

Always feared he'd end up there. He'll have limitless funds, a non-interfering board, a less hostile press, and a more compliant FA and officials. Next season just got that much harder for us and Conte.