• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

xCELERYx   

Wonder how many players are impressed by this, given the complaints about LVG and methods. Looking over the United squad and a lot of the players United haven't aren't your typical Mourinho type. They also lack a quality spine to their side and that could only get worse if De Gea leaves. 

6 hours ago, nutmegsw6 said:

Could be interesting, a large majority have sided with Jose so far, let's see how this develops and whether that majority becomes a minority once more facts come out and Jose starts, and settles into, his new position. 

What facts would that be? He called two of his physios/doctors into question over their understanding of the game. One went to work the next day, the other played the sex card. 

Nothing to see here and never was. 

Jose will be treated like Fergie at United by the FA and refs will be told to ref the games fairly, unlike when he was at Chelsea.

I believe the FA and the media want United back as the number one team and will bend over backwards to get them there.

Sky won't be questioning any little incident with their players, and Jose will be allowed to say basically what he wants.

THEY will almost certainly get plenty of dodgy penalties at old trafford

Sorry, but you can't absolve Jose of any responsibility for a divided dressing room, relegation form for four consecutive months (half a season), and who had been tactically outsmarted all season.

The squad may not have been as good as it could have been, but that's no excuse for the level of consistently poor performances I'm afraid. Even at worst we should have been about 4th-6th, not 16th.  

The players were to blame too without a doubt, and the late pre-season didn't help. But Jose's tactical, motivational and media performances were abysmal frankly. Blamed everyone but himself for our failings. Yet performances improved after he left. 

I don't care what Jose achieved here - or how much I and others loved him - he totally screwed up. And if he really needs a £200 million transfer kitty to be successful and in his press conference uses not having financial backing as a justification for failure, then he isn't the manager we thought. The squad we have won the title last year and even without big improvements was top 4 quality. No excuses there. 

I love Jose and he's a Chelsea legend. And I don't like Emanalo. But we can't let sentiment get in the way of reality. He was in large part to blame for his own downfall at Chelsea. Chelsea stuck by him at a time when they would have sacked all their past managers. For half a season, not just a few weeks. He wasn't helped by the players or the board, but if he could hash turned it around or even looked like turning it around he would have kept his job.

United are more short term than us now. Moyes after less than a year. Van Gaal after two. Both less than Jose at Chelsea both times. 

Mutu7   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

The minute he signs for United , all past digressions will be promptly forgotten, if not sooner. He'll be reborn as an untouchable the referees will be giving penalties like it is going out of fashion.

When Mark Hughes was playing for us, he said he had to adjust to being penalised for things he routinely got away with at Old Trafford. Jose will experience that in reverse.

Edited by Mutu7

On 5/22/2016 at 11:44 AM, Mutu7 said:

Always feared he'd end up there. He'll have limitless funds, a non-interfering board, a less hostile press, and a more compliant FA and officials. Next season just got that much harder for us and Conte.

Pretty much this. 

3 hours ago, zaffo said:

Wonder how many players are impressed by this, given the complaints about LVG and methods. Looking over the United squad and a lot of the players United haven't aren't your typical Mourinho type. They also lack a quality spine to their side and that could only get worse if De Gea leaves. 

I would expect that even as we speak Jose will be having a nice cup of tea and a chat with De Gea. His first and biggest priority will be to keep him at United. 

3 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Sorry, but you can't absolve Jose of any responsibility for a divided dressing room, relegation form for four consecutive months (half a season), and who had been tactically outsmarted all season.

The squad may not have been as good as it could have been, but that's no excuse for the level of consistently poor performances I'm afraid. Even at worst we should have been about 4th-6th, not 16th.  

The players were to blame too without a doubt, and the late pre-season didn't help. But Jose's tactical, motivational and media performances were abysmal frankly. Blamed everyone but himself for our failings. Yet performances improved after he left. 

I don't care what Jose achieved here - or how much I and others loved him - he totally screwed up. And if he really needs a £200 million transfer kitty to be successful and in his press conference uses not having financial backing as a justification for failure, then he isn't the manager we thought. The squad we have won the title last year and even without big improvements was top 4 quality. No excuses there. 

I love Jose and he's a Chelsea legend. And I don't like Emanalo. But we can't let sentiment get in the way of reality. He was in large part to blame for his own downfall at Chelsea. Chelsea stuck by him at a time when they would have sacked all their past managers. For half a season, not just a few weeks. He wasn't helped by the players or the board, but if he could hash turned it around or even looked like turning it around he would have kept his job.

United are more short term than us now. Moyes after less than a year. Van Gaal after two. Both less than Jose at Chelsea both times. 

Sigh. 

Who are you respondng to James? Seeing those green men again?