• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Zoowraa   
10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

FFS look at the Spanish table in Del Bosque's  3rd year and 4th year (and at Barca then)

And what did the table look like in Pellegrini's 2nd year or CA's third?  

They all got sacked.

Del Bosque also won them the CL in his final season,but no surprise that you didn't include that in you post......wonder why ? Something that Jose didn't achieve at Real.

Zoowraa   
5 minutes ago, cam4blue said:

And again: it's an easier job than here was (and is). The transfer budget and wage structure alone make it so TBH, even without getting into anything subjective. 

Predicting a manager will last 3/4 years at any top club is surely praise BTW, but you seem to be presenting it as a criticism? You'd probably get strong odds on Conte lasting that long here (although I hope he does, as it will mean he has been a success). 

Maybe. I don't think having a bigger budget and wage structure makes it an easier job, you still have to use that wisely.

His competition second time around at Chelsea looks a lot easier on paper than his competition does now, admittedly on paper and plenty needs to be proved with results. I just can't see that City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs won't be strong title challengers, without the unknown quantities in ourselves and who knows who else. That level of depth simply wasn't there during his second spell.

cam4blue   
5 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Maybe. I don't think having a bigger budget and wage structure makes it an easier job, you still have to use that wisely.

If your net spend over 3 years is around £50m; you have to use that wisely. 

If you get 3 times that every summer, not so much. 

7 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

I just can't see that City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs won't be strong title challengers, without the unknown quantities in ourselves and who knows who else. That level of depth simply wasn't there during his second spell.

Apart from literally those exact teams. And Utd. 

If you're saying that it won't be a cakewalk at Utd, well of course not. No-one said it would. I would still say it is/was an easier job than ours. 

11 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Del Bosque also won them the CL in his final season,but no surprise that you didn't include that in you post......wonder why ? Something that Jose didn't achieve at Real.

Sacking a guy the day after he won the CL (amid stories that he had lost control of the players IIRC) doesn't particularly back up your point TBF. 

GURJ SS   
5 hours ago, Johnny Blue said:

Funnily enough, when I saw the ManU snap, I had a similar thought: he looks like he's holding a bag of dog poo...

That's because he is ;)

13 hours ago, cam4blue said:

You are free to believe what you want; but really, he has "crashed and burned" once, his final few months here. 

Nothing wrong with his third season here the first time out. Came 2nd to a Utd team closing in on being the best in Europe. Won a couple of cups. CL semi final. Hardly "crashing and burning". 

His third season at Real (2nd in the league, CL semi) is a bad season only by the standards of Real. Probably better to call that an average season for them, in every sense. 

I think you have to admit that calling it "usual" it quite a stretch. What happened here this season is unusual for him, by any definition. 

Those two clubs (us and Real) have a lot of bulls**t around them anyway; no matter who the manager is. Since Jose joined the first time, we've only had two managers who have lasted a full season. Maybe you should consider why no-one else even has a third season at clubs like us and Real (and whether the "baggage" in question belongs to the manager, or the clubs). 

I think it's a much, much easier job than the one he just had TBH. 

Seriously cam, you really are a rare shining light on these boards. 

I think the question that often occurs to me when these discussions take place is that if the detractors are right and Mourinho really isn't all that ... then who the hell is?!

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I think the question that often occurs to me when these discussions take place is that if the detractors are right and Mourinho really isn't all that ... then who the hell is?!

Carlo. Simeone despite last night. Zidane maybe. Ranners. Dyche. Bruce. Bilic. Conte. ;)