• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

10 minutes ago, Patnevinswedge said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10298981/john-Terry-backs-jose-Mourinho-to-succeed-at-manchester-united

This is for all the anti Jose muppets out there. No more be said.

Ps. Please save us from all your PlayStation, fantasy football facts and figures. 

It really is as hilarious as it is baffling that some so called Chelsea fans love to slaughter Jose. How do you square your "cultist" circle now??

OzzyCFC   
11 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I think the question that often occurs to me when these discussions take place is that if the detractors are right and Mourinho really isn't all that ... then who the hell is?!

Clough minus Taylor

OzzyCFC   
4 hours ago, Patnevinswedge said:

It really is as hilarious as it is baffling that some so called Chelsea fans love to slaughter Jose. How do you square your "cultist" circle now??

People are allowed to be annoyed, gutted, happy, suicidal etc People are also quite entitled to criticise the bloke. It's the beauty of being football fan. I don't think he's past it etc but I never thought he was the only option for us either. By the time of his departure it was clear his time was up and it was best for both parties that he should leave.

He will win things with United, and he's going to work earn his money.

Harvz   
5 hours ago, OzzyCFC said:

People are allowed to be annoyed, gutted, happy, suicidal etc People are also quite entitled to criticise the bloke. It's the beauty of being football fan.

And its the nature of a divisive character joining a rival club - its only going to add to the apologetics or make those criticising feel more entitled to. And fair enough. I'm between the two camps. Always a legend though, and he'll always get a clap from the stands from me. 

Yep same here as would any Chelsea manager who won us a trophy (perhaps Benitez would get ignored) but he's now gone. Time to get behind the new guy, Mourinho came he won the league again and he went again, time to move on to new glories.

11 hours ago, Patnevinswedge said:

Red or blue what's a girl to do?

5 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

Red or blue what's a girl to do?

Where have you been? Did I hit a nerve? I think JT has a far better insight than your good self thanks.

What colour are you by the way? 

Blue Rod   
On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 3:09 PM, thevelourfog said:

I think the question that often occurs to me when these discussions take place is that if the detractors are right and Mourinho really isn't all that ... then who the hell is?!

If Jose does something exceptional at Manchester United many people including myself would reconsider their assessment of his qualities. His achievement so far has been a mix bag, from the exceptional to the downright awful.

I don't think even Jose's biggest critics would claim he has achieved nothing or he is nothing. The argument has always been between those who claim he is something (good and bad like the rest of us) and those who claim he is everything, or something above every other manager. I think some Chelsea fans have to get over their worshipping of Jose Mourinho and stop name-calling people each time someone criticises him. After all, Jose left an almighty stinker at Chelsea, worse than any other manager I have ever known at Chelsea.

The bar has been raised for managers. Jose Mourinho himself was involved in raising that bar with what he did at Porto. But I am afraid, I can't really put anything else he has done since as extraordinary. Ranieri was doing quite well at Chelsea with a cheaper squad, and in my opinion might well have won the PL title if he was given the same money and one more season.

We would like to think that the opinion of Chelsea fans counts as the ultimate reference when it comes to judging who is a top manager. I'm afraid it doesn't, not even in England, never mind in the rest of Europe where they are used to seeing young managers come in and deliver quality football, and win trophies.

Let's see if Jose can redeem himself at Manchester United. He was given that chance at Chelsea the second time and he spectacularly blew it. Man Utd is a bigger club, but Jose's biggest problem has been Jose himself rather than the size of the club.

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

If Jose does something exceptional at Manchester United many people including myself would reconsider their assessment of his qualities. His achievement so far has been a mix bag, from the exceptional to the downright awful.

I don't think even Jose's biggest critics would claim he has achieved nothing or he is nothing. The argument has always been between those who claim he is something (good and bad like the rest of us) and those who claim he is everything, or something above every other manager. I think some Chelsea fans have to get over their worshipping of Jose Mourinho and stop name-calling people each time someone criticises him. After all, Jose left an almighty stinker at Chelsea, worse than any other manager I have ever known at Chelsea.

The bar has been raised for managers. Jose Mourinho himself was involved in raising that bar with what he did at Porto. But I am afraid, I can't really put anything else he has done since as extraordinary. Ranieri was doing quite well at Chelsea with a cheaper squad, and in my opinion might well have won the PL title if he was given the same money and one more season.

We would like to think that the opinion of Chelsea fans counts as the ultimate reference when it comes to judging who is a top manager. I'm afraid it doesn't, not even in England, never mind in the rest of Europe where they are used to seeing young managers come in and deliver quality football, and win trophies.

Let's see if Jose can redeem himself at Manchester United. He was given that chance at Chelsea the second time and he spectacularly blew it. Man Utd is a bigger club, but Jose's biggest problem has been Jose himself rather than the size of the club.

Spot on Rodds.

2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

So many obvious lies that are disproved so easily I really can't be bothered. 

During his whole manegerial career he's had two bad spells. A month and a half first time he was here and another 4 bad months second time he was here. Both times the story was the same - the board failed to back Jose and it had consequences. For me that's the main issue here. 

Also, Ranieri had a cheaper squad?!? The mere fact you say Hose didn't do anything remarkable during his career outside of Porto is astonishing. If that's your yardstick there can't e a single living manager out there who you can like unless he's an unknown quantity or essentially a massive gamble. 

Inter? Yes the two Serie A titles may not be that impressive. But it's certainly above average performance and if you add the fact he won their first European Cup in 45 years the season he sold his outstanding player to Barcelona. Winning the treble with Inter is no mean feat. In fact, in the entire history of I yet it has never been achieved before in their 108 year history. In fact, it has never been achieved by any Italian team either before or since. I don't suppose there's much of an yardstick there right? The list of astonishingly good team is long and the list of amazing Italian manager equally long. 

In his time with us, notwithstanding the last four months, we went from perennial underachievers to a group of die hard winners. Two PL titles and one runners-up, one FA cup, two league cups and two CL semifinals in three seasons is a fantastic record. Add a 66% win rate on top of that, beating the previous PL points record held by Arsenal twice in his tree year stint. Come on. Call that anything but amazing and seriously, why are you even debating? You'd have to bash every manager out there. Seriously. His second stint he did what he does best, weed out the bad ones and in his second season we were the best team by a mile. I reckon if we had signed a proper striker we would have won the league in his first season back. Still, another league and league cup double. 

Real? One La Liga title beating both the points and goals scored records against the best team in the world at that time and possibly the best team in the universe (I know, it's sickening) was impressive. But if agree his entire stay wasn't comparable to his Inter, Porto or Chelsea feats. But Real is a very strange beast. Much like us, normal rules doesn't apply. But he took them to three straight CL semi's. Real hadn't reached that far for ten years. 

It would be easy to take you a little bit more seriously if you weren't so obviously looking for someone to bite. Your claims just aren't backed up by facts. Sorry. You are wrong.