• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

25 minutes ago, earthshine said:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38310889

So was JM banned for a similar offence? or related offence recently

AW - "It is not the first time we were unlucky with his decisions this season but overall I don't want to talk about the referee."

Or - "He's a biased cheat, but if I now say I dont want to talk about it, I can avoid a touchline ban and a fine."

Holymoly   

Is it just me or is anyone else beginning to see Jose as a fairly sour curmudgeon with a sense of entitlement? Even the Manure fans are beginning to take to him. He certainly polarises opinion and I'm finally beginning to think he is not a positive long term asset for any club.

haifarul   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Is it just me or is anyone else beginning to see Jose as a fairly sour curmudgeon with a sense of entitlement? Even the Manure fans are beginning to take to him. He certainly polarises opinion and I'm finally beginning to think he is not a positive long term asset for any club.

I respect him for what he achieved as the manager who won us three titles and it will be a while before anyone else does that.But affection none,can't stand him and wish him nothing but epic failure with any club in the PL.If or very likely when he slings his hook to another league he can hopefully win more silverware.

5 hours ago, Holymoly said:

It's a lot of people.  They can't see through the press.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 11:18 AM, Droy was my hero said:

No - directly the opposite.  A mindset that is highly effective but based on a false reality.  A group of characters in a Big Brother house that meet after every game and ridicule anyone who gives a pro-Chelsea decision.  It is a very effective way to get biased reffing without even realising what they are doing.

But on the stats I'd add one other point.  If Didier Drogba or any other big CF goes into the box and stands still, and you chip the ball into him, 3 defenders at once could climb all over him and he will never get a penalty.  Nor would Lukaku, Carroll or anyone else.
But if someone fast like Walcott sprints from the side of the box towards the penalty spot and another player sliderules a pass to the sprinting player, then the slightest touch will get a penalty.  Even for Pedro.

So a big part of the stats has always been about the style we have played in, or play now (where most attacks and goals come from players who receive the ball a long way from goal, rather than passes to sprinters in the box).

So its elementary bullying within the group? which is tantamount to corruption. It may not be deliberate and just some frustrated drivel but if it impacts a referees performance on the pitch then it should be accountable.

Excellent points about penalty advantages. I would add usually decisions are given for fouls committed in quick mercurial movements/contacts.  I suppose just elaborate on your point, the bigger they are at Chelsea, they fall down in slow motion: Drama Queens.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

But quite clearly they're begining to see right through Mourinho. Not all that hard imo. Successful, or not, he is what he is and isn't going to change any time soon. Been the same at every club he's been at. Glad he came to Chelsea and thankful for the success/trophies that went with him. Equally,  glad he's now departed (I expect, for the final time) and hopeful that we can move on (well, some of us, anyway!).

21 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is that a low press, or a high press or a "standing in the wrong places" press?

Regarding the original subject, I certainly don't need journalists' opinions to see what I see in Mourinho. If anything, they've finally arrived at the same conclusion I did many years ago, so I was ahead of them.

Jasonb   

I reckon JM has turned the corner and Utd will come good 2nd half of the season and possibly take the 4th CL place.

Next season with a new defensive midfielder then they will challenge for the title.

29 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I reckon JM has turned the corner and Utd will come good 2nd half of the season and possibly take the 4th CL place.

Next season with a new defensive midfielder then they will challenge for the title.

This will probably sound daft , but of all the sides in and around us , Utd or specifically Mourinho are who I see as the biggest threat.