• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

bert19   

If you've got no time for Martin Samuel, why on earth would you bother posting anything from a newspaper?

He's comfortably the best sports journalist in this country. I don't know a single person who has not respect for what he writes.

He and Henry Winter are about the only two that I actually enjoy reading.

Agreed. I don't always like what Samuel and Winter have to say - but they are intelligent and reasonable football journalists. Remember Samuel's piece on Drogba in the days leading up to the CL final? Was excellent.

Just ending this by adding that I would never, under any circumstances, purchase the daily mail.

Edited by Bridge Soldier

Sorry if my opinions come across like facts - not intended. I read an interview with Jose when he was at Inter, with The Times, saying when he came back to England he wanted to settle at a club, and this would be his last challenge in club management. I did read that for sure. And it makes sense doesn't it?

I don't consider myself to have any "inside track", but I do have common sense and intelligence. For example, if every media outlet is reporting the same thing, there is a chance t might be true.

Codger   

[...] for a West Ham supporting sports journalist is saying something.

And that's the point. Unlike many, he's completely professional all of the time. That's all I want to see from the sports journalists in this country. Sadly, in the rush to generate traffic for their sites they often lose sight and are deliberately controversial.

Codger   

He and Henry Winter are about the only two that I actually enjoy reading.

I know Dan Levene is blue through and through, but I enjoy reading him because the fact he's a massive football fan shines through.

It's almost a given now...but I'm still not going to believe it until he's signed, sealed and delivered to the first press conference!

agreed but lamps comments seem like its a done deal, I am certain he is one who has regular contact

if it is done lets get announced, its very unlike the chelsea board to be respectful to the incumbent manager (although if they have changed the habits of their lifetime its not a bad thing....respect goes a long way)

Most of the comments from players are diplomatic responses to direct press questions ("Well IF it happened then sure...why not"), but it is interesting how candidly Lamps has been discussing it as of late.

Alternatively, it may just be that no one from the club has told him to shut up. ;)

Jose and Roman are friends. People need to get this. Whenever you hear Jose talk about Roman, it's as a friend - and I don't believe that's simply because of his payoff. They've been texting, they've been in regular contact. I think they've both moved on from last time and learned their lessons, they will go into this with their eyes open. That's why I think it will last longer this time - plus the fact Jose is ready to settle at a club, that's his last big challenge in club management.

Both sides have to compromise, but both are older and more willing to do so. Which given he wins trophies wherever he goes, is a good sign he could be here longer this time.

James,

where do Emanelo & Forde fit into the Jose returning equation?