• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Seen Jose got sent to the stands last night in the cup final, what exactly did he do? He also said after that it was his worst season he has had so far. All things into account it probably has.

Nick89   

Football is a game of fine margins and people of low intelligence make snap judgements based on which side of the coin it lands.

Example...

Real Madrid hit the post three times and miss two one on one chances - result - Athletico win the Cup and Jose has failed, his whole season is a failure, his whole reign there is a failure, he is a manager in decline, Simeone is now a better manager than Mourinho.

Real Madrid score three times instead of hitting the post, and convert other chances, winning the game 5-1 - result - Real win the cup and Jose has triumphed again, another trophy, he is still the manager who guarantee's silverware, the highly rated Simeone clearly still has a lot to learn from Mourinho the master.

Sliding Doors, or the football equivalent, hitting posts.

Until we as supporters, and Roman as the boss understand these kind of things, then no manager will ever be given time at Chelsea.

Excellent post.

Codger   

Just as well Jose is coming to a team free of fragile ego's or a meddling board behind the scenes...

Er, hang on just a darn minute...

Erm, the board and a large percentage of the staff is the stability at Chelsea Football Club. Head coaches are used to get the best results from the available resources. If they don't, they're binned off. I thought we'd all got the hang of that one by now.

That's the plan. We can call it meddling if you like and the board frustrates me at times as much as the next supporter, but that's the plan and it's working.

Edited by Codger

chara   

Been reading some of the stuff coming out at man city..deja vu indeed...but the "angle" so different from the Chelsea media presentation..read Denis Tuert in the mail...no different from our recent manager history..but........

No it's not my tone. Do you think though that these problems were waiting for Jose to arrive or he created over 90% of them by himself?

I think there is at least an element of Jose creating problems. He's confrontational in my view.

Chara, on City: True to a degree - they have talked about the sacking of Mancini due to players disliking him, but there's also been all the garbage about them seeking a footballing philosophy, trying to impliment a long term plan and trying to do things 'the right way'. Fact is, they have done exactly what we've done in the past, sack a manager for not winning the CL or Prem, and for not even competing for them at all. Yes there may be behind the scenes issues, but that's essentially what they've done.

If it had been Chelsea, it would be all about trigger happy CFC sacking another manager after a trophyless season, constant instability - the player power issue would come in, but in a more negative way.

Pelligrini is looking like getting a 2 year contract at City. When RDM got one last year for us, it was seen as sign of short-termism, waiting for another manager. But somehow at City, it's being seen as a sign of them looking for stability?

Double standards rule.

Edited by James Prescott

chara   

Indeed James..Double Standards

Chara, on City: True to a degree - they have talked about the sacking of Mancini due to players disliking him, but there's also been all the garbage about them seeking a footballing philosophy, trying to impliment a long term plan and trying to do things 'the right way'. Fact is, they have done exactly what we've done in the past, sack a manager for not winning the CL or Prem, and for not even competing for them at all. Yes there may be behind the scenes issues, but that's essentially what they've done.

If it had been Chelsea, it would be all about trigger happy CFC sacking another manager after a trophyless season, constant instability - the player power issue would come in, but in a more negative way.

Pelligrini is looking like getting a 2 year contract at City. When RDM got one last year for us, it was seen as sign of short-termism, waiting for another manager. But somehow at City, it's being seen as a sign of them looking for stability?

Double standards rule.

I regularly hear the criticism of Jose that 'It's all about him' and 'it's a circus', usually from ex-players from certain northern clubs.

That's how he works. His strategy is to deflect attention away from his players; to defend them to the hilt. And in turn he asks them to work bloody hard on the pitch for him.

When it works, we get the results that we saw in 04/05 & at Inter but part of the problem is that it makes the execs a bit twitchy when they see all the negative attention they're getting.

You take it or leave it, it seems that his style is too combustible for Madrid but f**k it, I'd rather 3 years of successful turbulence under Mourinho than 20 years of Wenger.

You take it or leave it, it seems that his style is too combustible for Madrid but f**k it, I'd rather 3 years of successful turbulence under Mourinho than 20 years of Wenger.

Second that, youd win more trophies in the 3 years with jose than the 20 with the voyeur.

Is he actually pound for pound a better manager today than he was when he left ...? (if so why/why not)

Is it possible that he's peaked as a manager and we'll end up with another expensive Shevy or Torres 'best years behind him' scenario...? (if so why/why not )