• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Nick89   

Benitez won't be trusted anywhere near PSG.

He'll be Stoke manager by the end of June.

Benítez is a good manager. He's not José or Fergie, but he's certainly a better manager than Mancini and equally as good as Ancelotti IMO.

BlueFizz   

Rafa said he would take a top club or consider a 'project'.

Stoke is certainly that.

Wherever he goes I wish him good fortune - and that is said with my tongue in my cheek.

As Pat Nevin says in his column on the club site today - "well done that man"

Nick89   

Are we really going to have to wait two weeks for an announcement?

Unfortunately it looks like it. Can't wait to see José's first press conference here. It'll be absolutely legendary.

I'm not counting chickens with Mourinho's return yet, I'll only believe it once he has signed and the press conference is underway. Until then it still seems too far off, even now. Especially with Man City and shortly PSG's posts still open.

I can't imagine Mourinho having a problem with a non-entity like Emenalo in a minor position like Technical Director.

What's not to like about a 'non-entity' who oversaw the addition of the bulk of the players during the transition? Players like Oscar, Azpilcueta, Courtois, Lukaku, Luiz, Ramires, Moses, KDB, etc., etc. Obvious errors are the decision to sell Merieles after Essien was loaned out but one can argue they had one eye on FFP. The decision to send Lukaku on loan was more on Lukaku who felt he had to prove himself elsewhere after rejecting RDM's pleas (can't blame him seeing as Studge who stayed with the squad was barely used: I guess we can blame Emenalo on that one too). I expect Mourinho to work with Emenalo in the current set up. It's either that or Jose won't last long.

Anybody concerned by the timing of Stoke parting ways with Tony Pullis the day after Real Madrid announce Mourinho's imminent departure?

No, me neither!

I expect Mourinho to work with Emenalo in the current set up. It's either that or Jose won't last long.

you think that if there is a power struggle of some kind...emenalo would win & jose would get the boot? & that would be the right outcome?

you are probably alone in both those opinions.

Codger   

I expect Mourinho to work with Emenalo in the current set up. It's either that or Jose won't last long.

Emenalo is not on the board, whereas people in the past who have held vaguely similar positions - Arnesen and Grant specifically - were. He's a trusted solidier, not a director.

JM7   

Lets face it,we need Jose to stay for a few years so that we can let new managers grow. We've literally ran out of managers to hire. If we hadn't have got Jose,we would not have had any decent options.

Crazy..