• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Scooba   

Fernando Torres: "Chelsea is looking for a new manager, Jose Mourinho is free, so it is easy now" #CFC (ESPN)

As if you didn't need more confirmation. I have a feeling the players have been told, possibly informally or by Jose himself. Looks like Torres is staying though.

Nick89   

Doesn't the big fella - ex-goalkeeper usually tag along too. Might be the goalkeeping coach in fact. Nice 1980s scouse perm I seem to recall.

Sylvinho Louro? I think he'll tag along as well.

Fernando Torres: "Chelsea is looking for a new manager, Jose Mourinho is free, so it is easy now" #CFC (ESPN)

As if you didn't need more confirmation. I have a feeling the players have been told, possibly informally or by Jose himself. Looks like Torres is staying though.

Oh the players know all right - I was astounded the other day to hear Lampard talking so openly about Mourinho. There was no doubt in his voice. No ifs.

He was quite clear and to the point. In an age where players tread carefully with the media and never give anything away he was unbelievably candid.

Jose is coming home alright - the only question mark now is wondering when it will be announced.

Oh the players know all right - I was astounded the other day to hear Lampard talking so openly about Mourinho. There was no doubt in his voice. No ifs.

He was quite clear and to the point. In an age where players tread carefully with the media and never give anything away he was unbelievably candid.

Jose is coming home alright - the only question mark now is wondering when it will be announced.

AVB was pretty sure of it as well.

Usually people who know are coy. It's the ones who are guessing who sound certain - either because they think no one could believe that they actually know (AVB, SFL) or because they want to sound more in than they are (the press and TV).

I think if Roman Abramovic or Tony Soprano calls you in and tells you about a secret, you don't go straight out and blab to the press.

Edit: Which doesn't mean it isn't true.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Blue Rod   

Jose might want to stay here until he is 105 but it won't matter when he gets sacked after alienating himself from the board and results will go downhill, something you can be sure will happen within 3 years.

He didn't last the first time when the competition was much easier and he won't last now.

The same goes for every manager.

Jose will stay as long as everybody at the club not only worships him but wakes up every morning and sings a song about the greatness of TSO. Other PL managers have to proclaim his greatness as well. But unfortunately none of this is going to happen. He would have arrived here this time with a few feathers missing from his hat. And what is more, the current crop of player were not bought by Jose and TSO cannot really claim to have turned them from nothing to into superstars. Their individual characters would be tested from day one.

So, let's end the speculation and announce Jose's appointment. It might be a safe short-term fix (2 years before hell breaks lose again) but to me really is a backward step if you have followed the football played by Jose's teams from Chelsea through to this season at Real Madrid. The whole thing will end is an all too familiar fashion.

Kezza   

What will Jose do to Luiz? I hope he won't find Luiz too risky for a centreback because we still want to see him fluorish there.

Nick89   

What will Jose do to Luiz? I hope he won't find Luiz too risky for a centreback because we still want to see him fluorish there.

I think he'll give him a chance but try to discipline him some more. Ramos was pretty much the same for Real Madrid, but José still had the guts and believe to move him from RB or CB.

bert19   

Usually people who know are coy. It's the ones who are guessing who sound certain - either because they think no one could believe that they actually know (AVB, SFL) or because they want to sound more in than they are (the press and TV).

I think if Roman Abramovic or Tony Soprano calls you in and tells you about a secret, you don't go straight out and blab to the press.

Edit: Which doesn't mean it isn't true.

I'm not sure I take most of what AVB says very seriously to be honest.

Edit: following on from your point Droy, maybe they told Torres knowing he would blab and now he going to have a little sleep with the fishes??

Just a thought...

Edited by bert19

Jose will stay as long as everybody at the club not only worships him but wakes up every morning and sings a song about the greatness of TSO. Other PL managers have to proclaim his greatness as well. But unfortunately none of this is going to happen. He would have arrived here this time with a few feathers missing from his hat. And what is more, the current crop of player were not bought by Jose and TSO cannot really claim to have turned them from nothing to into superstars. Their individual characters would be tested from day one.

So, let's end the speculation and announce Jose's appointment. It might be a safe short-term fix (2 years before hell breaks lose again) but to me really is a backward step if you have followed the football played by Jose's teams from Chelsea through to this season at Real Madrid. The whole thing will end is an all too familiar fashion.

This is a really good post - certainly a different viewpoint and one not shared by many. The sensible part of me and the rational, unblinkered, unemotional side agrees wholeheartedly.