• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Scooba   

We've never needed many signings, 2 or 3 first teamers and integrated returning loanees and youth. It's going to be so refreshing having someone who will be planning long term, actually willingly to play young players and try improve them.

And let's not forget that not only has Jose changed but Roman has a lot more experience under his belt too.

The icing on the cake would be if he can mentor somebody like Frank Lampard or John Terry to take over when he eventually does go. Or is continuity at Chelsea unthinkable?

You agree with me? Wow. This is very positive :-) I think both of us have always had the best interests of CFC at heart, despite our disagreements. And I think we definitely agree 100% on Jose.

Just so good with Jose, because you don't worry about team selection, you don't panic that he'll make weird substitutions, and you know he knows what he's doing, even if we are behind. Gives you more confidence, and inner peace about the team.

Yeah spot on. Even if he does make a 'weird' substitution you just know he has something up his sleeve! Contrast that to 'the man I will never mention by name again'. He made subs and we all crapped our pants (or shook our heads in disbelief)!

JM has always been very open with what he wanted out of his career. He said it when he signed (2004), and many times after. Was he serious? Only Jose knows that but so far he's done all he set out to do. only two targets left, build a club long-term and manage Portugal.

Him coming back here means more than what people might think at first sight. Think about it, would Jose, after what he went through at Madrid, come back here if he felt he could be gone in a season and a bit? That would truly be a big blow to his future career (not to mention we as a club would truly be f****d.

The signs are there. I think this time the whole process will be different. Both Jose and the club are ready to take that next step. Romans slept around and tried to build a structure. Neither has worked considering the money spent. And we won't ever do that (take the next step that is) by doing what we've done over the last 5-6 seasons. We need a change and Jose is the perfect manager to oversee it.

Apart from a few, I don't think many Chelsea fans are worried tonight. Plenty of oppo fans are though!

I think Jose has changed since we last saw him. He's matured as a man and a manager. He even said he's done his big tour of Europe, which he wanted to do, the 'Grand Slam' and now has a different project in mind. We've heard about the club's 'project' to rebuild the team and improve our style of football, bringing through young players. Maybe Jose sees this as his next challenge - he did allude to the fact that he and the club are completely on the same wavelength here. In my opinion, Roman and he are not at detente, waiting for another war - they have resolved all their differences, they have both learned their lessons and are much more willing to compromise now. There's no hidden agenda here, I think it's very clear.

Maybe Jose went to the play off final to see Chalobah because he's thinking of including him in the first team squad. I think we're going to see a different, better Jose this time out. Still with all the qualities he had before, still a winner, still great manager, but also with more flexibility, more willing to try young players, more open to building something over a longer period.

He said there wouldn't be many signings. Maybe he's going to be blooding more younger players than we initally thought.

Good post JP. Much of which I agree with.

We've never needed many signings, 2 or 3 first teamers and integrated returning loanees and youth. It's going to be so refreshing having someone who will be planning long term, actually willingly to play young players and try improve them.

Besides the signings, I just think it will be great that we will go into next season with a proper squad. The last few seasons have been ridiculous and it's one aspect that Jose will not take lightly. Even if we just bring back our loanees or loan players from other clubs, we will be better for it. That has been an unnecessary drain on performance levels for far too long.

dR3   

^That's only a third of the interview.

I haven't stumbled upon the full thing yet, I'll post it if I find it.

Edited by dR3

What great news to have the greatest manager of all time back at the club he loves. This time he will stay long term to build an era of Chelsea dominance, I expect him to stay for at least 20 years.

Moyes manager of Man United, while we have Jose. :happy: I think I'm going to enjoy next season.

Edited by TorresTheBlue

Ruudboy   

Just saw this quote from Jose:

"I called Fergie (Sir Alex Ferguson) to tell him I was back (to #Chelsea). The next day, he retired."

Genius. Just love it.

Perfect. Thanks for making my day!