• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

BlueFizz   

Interesting stuff on Fergie, Sheva, Emanalo and others from Jose.

What amazes me is just how 'grudging' the press can be. Jose goes on the record about Fergie but they've decided that Utd snubbed him and are reluctant to rewrite the history they invented. So the Mail says "Mourinho claims..." While another paper says Jose is attempting to rewrite truth by claiming Abramovich didn't interfere in team matters.

You can never win with these guys.

Khobar   

You can never win with these guys.

Well,you can. It involves ignoring them and not paying for their output.

After all these years,Jose has finally spilled the beans on the Sheva transfer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-Mourinho-labels-fernando-torres-1954863

Thanks for clearing that up once and for all Jose!

Weird story, doesnt really add up. Why would you want a versatile forward and then buy one who isn't that at all for lots of money?

Also Sheva was bought in May, it wasnt like the club had to be desperate.

JM on Sheva - he said this loads of times before. What is new is that the hacks are finally willing to believe it. As for the Eto'o story which backs it up - it is all a bit late to take it too seriously. JM said he wanted Sheva 7 years ago and he probably did. Nothing said now has changed the probabilities on that.

Half decent article, without the (Telegraph) paywall. Some quotes from Jose about the scouting structure at the club that I'd not previously seen.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/1848591/report-power-shift-at-chelsea-excites-jose-Mourinho

Half decent because of the quotes from JM.

The nonsense Jason Burt made up to surround the quotes really does my head in. Jason Burt is the most imaginative least informed hack in the press. The junk he writes about his inside knowledge of the internal discussions at the club is such incredible bull.

rj2115   

JM on Sheva - he said this loads of times before. What is new is that the hacks are finally willing to believe it. As for the Eto'o story which backs it up - it is all a bit late to take it too seriously. JM said he wanted Sheva 7 years ago and he probably did. Nothing said now has changed the probabilities on that.

Half decent because of the quotes from JM.

The nonsense Jason Burt made up to surround the quotes really does my head in. Jason Burt is the most imaginative least informed hack in the press. The junk he writes about his inside knowledge of the internal discussions at the club is such incredible bull.

Sheva was JM's buy just like Torres was Ancelloti's ;)

he's just doing damaged control, no one will ever know what really goes on behind closed doors and people will believe what ever they want them to believe and that is how it should be imo

Edited by rj2115

Codger   

I wonder how many journalists that will apologize for making stuff up. No, actually, I don't.

About as many as there are fans who'll do the same thing I'd guess.

Khobar   

As Mourinho said at the press conference, he doesn't do it because he enjoys it, he does it because it is an obligation of the role and he tells the media what they want to hear ( and still they add embellishments).

What I like about that link is something that is repeated on all Internet outputs open to public comment. - although it's about Chelsea, it's predominantly fans of other clubs who feel the need to log in and have their say. What does that tell you?...... We're back!

hanuma   

Right. But technically he's not said he "wanted Sheva", just that he was OK with it because we needed a striker anyway. That it was £30m and big wages wasn't necessarily his concern, so long as it was possible to buy other players eventually. The real question worth asking is about the failure to buy another striker when we all saw exactly what Sheva was, or wasn't. Just to remind people, it wasn't until the following season, before he left, that Jose talked about "homelettes". Two transfer windows had passed and we'd bought Pizarro, Ben Haim, Sidwell, Malouda, Borini, Alex and Belletti whilst selling Robben, Johnson and Diarra.That was the biggest issue, and we can all thank Frank '**** you' Arnesen for it too. Apparently it was Grant that got Anelka that January. A damn shame it didn't happen 6 months earlier.

Right. But technically he's not said he "wanted Sheva", just that he was OK with it because we needed a striker anyway. That it was £30m and big wages wasn't necessarily his concern, so long as it was possible to buy other players eventually. The real question worth asking is about the failure to buy another striker when we all saw exactly what Sheva was, or wasn't. Just to remind people, it wasn't until the following season, before he left, that Jose talked about "homelettes". Two transfer windows had passed and we'd bought Pizarro, Ben Haim, Sidwell, Malouda, Borini, Alex and Belletti whilst selling Robben, Johnson and Diarra.That was the biggest issue, and we can all thank Frank '**** you' Arnesen for it too. Apparently it was Grant that got Anelka that January. A damn shame it didn't happen 6 months earlier.

Yes I agree with all that. The real problem in 2006 was starting a season with Drogba Sheva and Kalou being the only strikers when JM had already committed to 442. The issue was never that Sheva turned out to be a surprise disappointment. The issue was that Kalou was a predictably crap 4th striker and there was no 3rd striker.