• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Eh?

Yes. Light.

Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Shurrle, KDB & Moses. I think we're one AM short.

We're also short at CM. Perhaps not in numbers but definitely in quality.

Yes. Light.

We're also short at CM. Perhaps not in numbers but definitely in quality.

You can't be serious. AM is the least of our worries. A striker and a defensive midfielder are nedeed though.

Edited by Blue Jones

You can't be serious. AM is the least of our worries. A striker and a defensive midfielder are nedeed though.

Yeah, I don't get it either. If we're operating by the previous 'two for every position' mentality, then we only need two AMs, and that's assuming we even play 4-2-3-1, and not 4-3-3 as expected.

I'd be more concerned about CM, where I still think we lack a De Rossi type player. Perhaps Essien can step up.

We have 4 wingers for 2 available positions per game with Hazard, Schürrle, KDB and Moses and two "no. 10" players with Oscar and Mata for 1 available position per game.

Those are two quality teams in AM and to be honest, I'm very excited to see KDB as a winger, putting in his quality crosses for Lukaku with his 1.93m.

I don't really see the necessity to buy Rooney as a CF, as I like the CFs of Chelsea to be tall and strong.

We have 4 wingers for 2 available positions per game with Hazard, Schürrle, KDB and Moses and two "no. 10" players with Oscar and Mata for 1 available position per game.

Except there aren't only 2 available positions per game- these are the sorts of players who are most effective when used for a maximum of 60 or so minutes a game at most, and Mourinho has made an explicit point of subbing attacking players consistently early in games.

Then there's the presumption that these players will always be available, when you absolutely must plan for the opposite if you're going to win the biggest titles.

I don't think we're exactly struggling in attacking midfield-ish positions but we're not quite at the optimum. There's definitely room for someone else, particularly someone who doesn't take up a senior squad place and has no claim to more than 10-15 starts a season just yet.

Bison   

We had such a thin squad last year that some are now trying to overcompensate, essentially advocating for a bloated squad.

Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Schurrle, Moses and KDB is more than enough for 3 positions. If you need any more than that then use one of the U21 players for what will probably be only limited minutes anyway.

Mourinho: "We will have Schurrle, De Bruyne, Mata, Oscar, Hazard and Moses for these three positions and so we have many more options than Chelsea had in the last year. These are crucial positions for me. I like these players to play with high intensity so to have five players for three positions is, I think, brilliant for me. It's fantastic."

hanuma   

Yes. Light.

Ramires and Van Ginkel are also options further up the pitch. Not an issue.

Well I stand by my view that we're too light at AM. When I say AM I'm talking about the three behind the striker.

For any given game three of Mata, Hazard, Moses, KDB, Shurrle and Oscar will start. That's a given. As a bare minimum two of them will feature on the bench meaning we have one spare.

Now. There have been a few who has raised the possibility for Oscar and KDB to play deeper. That, coupled with injuries/fatigue and it starts to look less than convincing. Plus we have no idea how Oscar/Mata will react to playing so much last season.

Still one AM short IMO. Doesn't mean I don't think other areas need strengthening. CM is another area where we need more quality. And if we are to use Oscar there than we're two AMs short instead of one.

Both CM and AM are bigger worries for me compared to our striker situation. Although id like us to strengthen in all three. Signing Rooney and De Rossi would solve all three issues (due to Rooney's versatility).

Harvz   

I quite like what Jose is doing in the media right now. Terry isn't 'safe'. Ok, not exactly exclusive material (except for the media of course), but what it does is intensify competition between our centre backs and motivate the Capt.. Ivanovic is a right back? Again, focuses competition at the spot. Now that Ivanovic knows who he is competing with for a place (and not one of 3) he'll likely be more focused on doing just that. Similar with Luiz as a central defender. Claiming we only want Rooney. What ever we think about the truth behind that, it does show Torres, Ba and Lukaku that they need to show something, and quickly at that. Professionals shouldn't need that level of specificity just to train well, but Jose is all about getting inside the mind and from everything I can see, it works.

I'm sure he has been crystal clear face to face with each individual, but I'm also sure that they read and watch the news, and the consistency of his message can only show them that he can be as ruthless as he can be personable.

Khobar   

Agree with Harvz - and I have no doubt that as the season progresses we may see a little 'fallout' as a few players don't quite hit the mark and look elsewhere for the blame. Others won't be quite there but will use it as a motivational tool.

The ones that look to spread the blame will be out by January. Be interesting to see who it is.