• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

bert19   

A system that is working out well or a system that is heavily Hazard-dependent.

Interesting that you say that, because I think a lot of our football last season was Mata-dependent. This season, it seems that the creative workload is a bit more spread out and the 3 AMs provide a lot more workrate and defensive cover than before.

Also, to refer into Droy's post a bit, I wouldn't so far as to say that we play a really high block (I'd describe it more as a medium type of thing personally), but it is worth noting that with our current personnel and style of play, it is quite easy to play a much lower block when needed without much, if any real changes in the XI.

All three of our currently favoured AMs seem quite happy firstly coming deep to pick up the ball and secondly tucking in to aid compactness to our shape if we don't have the ball or if we're under pressure and play a low block.

Recent games such as the United and Liverpool one have also shown that all 3 (and Ramires) are pretty comfortable with carrying the ball from defensive positions and catalysing counter attacks. Something Schurrle is also adept at, particularly from the left and Mikel is a veritable master of retaining the ball under pressure & close to his own penalty area in order to release to forward-moving team mates.

With the current squad, the system makes a lot of sense. With a quality addition up front and Matic's physical dynamism in the middle, I'm pretty confident it could prove very successful too.

Sarin   

But if you are a Mata fan, then a side entirely based around Mata but not at the top of the table is good.

A system that is challenging at the top of the table, and based around attributes the coach believes other players have and Mata doesnt is bad.

As such the coach is at fault.

rj2115   

But if you are a Mata fan, then a side entirely based around Mata but not at the top of the table is good.

A system that is challenging at the top of the table, and based around attributes the coach believes other players have and Mata doesnt is bad.

As such the coach is at fault.

how did we look when Hazard didn't play against Derby?

There were many here albeit the minority that did not want Jose back and there were even a large number campaigning for Moyes, I guess both groups have gone quiet for now

Yeah just like the ones who said mata would not be sold

Sarin   

how did we look when Hazard didn't play against Derby?

To be fair I can't say because they didn't show that match here mate.

I am not saying that Jose is perfect, I am not saying the system is perfect.

I am saying that the last few years, "the Mata solution" has been the go to.

Without it, we play completely defensive and look for a miracle goal from siege mentality.

In some of the biggest games Mata did not look great.

DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE MATA, I do not want him to leave.

But now it looks like we have a system that after every game looks better and better.

It looks like we have parts to that system and recent aquisitions look like we are trying to improve on that.

When Mata has played, he has looked to struggle in that system.

While Hazard, Oscar, Willian have all looked to thrive in it, and our strikers have started to score in it.

I don't think its against Mata at all.

Jose has said how many times he doesn't want him to go.

Blaming Jose, the club and everyone else, for Mata not doing well in the system others and the club in general are doing well in. Is wrong.

Also you will have bad games with any club in any system.

Barca looked bad on the weekend for example.

Edited by Sarin

rj2115   

To be fair I can't say because they didn't show that match here mate.

I am not saying that Jose is perfect, I am not saying the system is perfect.

I am saying that the last few years, "the Mata solution" has been the go to.

Without it, we play completely defensive and look for a miracle goal from siege mentality.

In some of the biggest games Mata did not look great.

DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE MATA, I do not want him to leave.

But now it looks like we have a system that after every game looks better and better.

It looks like we have parts to that system and recent aquisitions look like we are trying to improve on that.

When Mata has played, he has looked to struggle in that system.

While Hazard, Oscar, Willian have all looked to thrive in it, and our strikers have started to score in it.

I don't think its against Mata at all.

Jose has said how many times he doesn't want him to go.

Blaming Jose, the club and everyone else, for Mata not doing well in the system others and the club in general are doing well in. Is wrong.

Also you will have bad games with any club in any system.

Barca looked bad on the weekend for example.

I am not attacking you I was just asking you when you said the system favored Mata but not Chelsea

by same logic Madrid is dependent on Ronaldo, Barca on Messi and Man U on Rooney

Jose wants to go back to his system and he wanted Mata out cause Mata is not suited for his style, put it this way rather than saying that Mata wasn't good for the team

Jose saying he doesn't want him to go is equivalent of me saying you are my best friend

both system worked, last season we had depth issue rather than a system issue

I am not attacking you I was just asking you when you said the system favored Mata but not Chelsea

by same logic Madrid is dependent on Ronaldo, Barca on Messi and Man U on Rooney

Jose wants to go back to his system and he wanted Mata out cause Mata is not suited for his style, put it this way rather than saying that Mata wasn't good for the team

Jose saying he doesn't want him to go is equivalent of me saying you are my best friend

both system worked, last season we had depth issue rather than a system issue

He wouldn't have played Mata 17 times in half a season if he wanted him out. I also imagine the Rooney-Mata swap deal would've happened pre-season if he really wanted him out.

I think there are going to be a lot more unpopular decisions to come- while I expect Terry and Lampard to get get new deals I'd not be surprised if one or neither did, and I'm erring towards Cole being let go too. I am not even remotely convinced that Lukaku is coming back, or that he'll come back and really make a claim. There will be bitching no matter what course of action is taken with Cech/Courtois. Get used to it, because Mourinho is shaping this squad the way he wants it to be.

I think there are going to be a lot more unpopular decisions to come- while I expect Terry and Lampard to get get new deals I'd not be surprised if one or neither did, and I'm erring towards Cole being let go too. I am not even remotely convinced that Lukaku is coming back, or that he'll come back and really make a claim. There will be bitching no matter what course of action is taken with Cech/Courtois. Get used to it, because Mourinho is shaping this squad the way he wants it to be.

I'm starting to think Lukaku is gone as well.

And I'm starting to think it might be an ok decision.

rj2115   

He wouldn't have played Mata 17 times in half a season if he wanted him out. I also imagine the Rooney-Mata swap deal would've happened pre-season if he really wanted him out.

why aren't they giving us Rooney now

attacking a player publicly before you even start working with him

Mata didn't feature in any important games, 1 in CL and no big games in PL probably only at halftime against Everton

its a mismatch of playing styles rather than Mata being not good enough that was the point