• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Khobar   

Personally I think its quite sad for Moyes , works his buns off at Everton for years , puts together a fiercely competitive squad just lacking a top goal scorer then sees Martinez come in , get gifted Lukaku and Barry, play pretty much the same way and get all the plaudits.

Meanwhile he inherits a United squad that only won the League last year because City had an imbecile in charge and we had a stop-gap and Arsenal were Arsenal, that was chock full of players on their last knockings. Couple that to getting a new CEO who was frankly clueless and its a recipe for disaster.

I hope Rodgers gets it.

I feel a bit sorry for him too, but to be honest Everton are a far more positive side this season and whether you bring in players on loan or purchase you still have to get them. There was no long queue for Barry either was there? In fact, he might have suited Utd, but they felt it better to spend £27.5 million on Fellaini.

I agree Woodward should be held partly culpable too, but I guess they know what has gone on more that we do.

All a bit sad, and surprisingly I get very little pleasure out of either Utd's demise this season or Moyes's predicament.

I hear Moyes has been asked to stand for UKIP due to his vast experience of getting out of Europe, but that may just be a rumour.

Ironically buying Fellaini is seen as outrageous by Everton fans, but if anything it did them a favour.

Khobar   

I wonder what Brendan would do if they offered it to him?

He would probably spout a load of psychobabble rubbish, mention Hillsborough and the 96 several times and then take the job before getting found out and sacked within 6 months.

Khobar   

Can you really imagine Jose quitting Chelsea for United? As in, not being sacked but actually leaving us for United.

Just can't see it. Would be shocked.

Van Gaal for me.

Best to leave it and not give any credibility to spurious rumours James.

He would probably spout a load of psychobabble rubbish, mention Hillsborough and the 96 several times and then take the job before getting found out and sacked within 6 months.

I love you Khobar.

Nicholas   

Well then. The inevitable has come to pass. United accelerating their plan for next season earlier than many thought and surely the new manager is already known to the board and to selective potential signings/targets for the added 'pull' factor, if anything.

I see some callers to 5 live blame the Glazers. I trust they blamed them too when the club won the CL and several PLs in their tenure so far. DM was not cut out for the job and he showed his inexperience in managing big time challenges when he, as a manager who had never won anything in the PL, jettisoned an experienced back room staff who had won many things and acted as a link to the players. That was error number 2. Error 1 was accepting the job in the first place on the back of no more than a credible record in the second tier of the PL. I am guessing he knew he had made a big mistake taking the job just a few weeks in. He'd have known this was coming months ago.

Oh, and tradition my a***. All clubs are sacking clubs. There's no true distinction there. The more successful you are, the more likely you are to be less tolerant of failure to win anything and even lesser still of catastrophic failure to register a whimper on the scale for a top four finish. Tottenham beckons. His functional approach would suit them making them 'difficult to beat'.

Edited by Nicholas

Nicholas   

Shame as I thought moyes was doing a great job, I was really enjoying his work.

Thing is if they manage to get somebody decent in, with no European football next year they could be challenging to get back into the top four.

The more the merrier. At least Liverpool may return to where they really belong1 once the true heavy weights return and start performing.

1. CL duty should expose the folly that they can sustain this type of play in more than one competition next season or that the lack of expectation and pressure was as insignificant as their apologists would have us believe.

The more the merrier. At least Liverpool may return to where they really belong1 once the true heavy weights return and start performing.

1. CL duty should expose the folly that they can sustain this type of play in more than one competition next season or that the lack of expectation and pressure was as insignificant as their apologists would have us believe.

Amen.

middxguy   

I wonder what Brendan would do if they offered it to him?

If they leaked an offer to Brendan, it would amount to an exquisite form of torture for him. I love the idea.