• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Nichollz   

We barely create clear cut chances though and hardly get any shots on goal in these kind of games.

I've seen us miss an unbelievable amount of clear cut chances this season.

Today we had 70% possession and yet had only 4 shots on target against a team in the bottom three. That's woeful. Jose is a wonderful football manager and I wouldn't swap him for anyone else, but if he truly is as special a coach as many of us believe, then he has to find ways of making us more incisive next season without losing any of the defensive stability on which we've based this season's success. And I'm not just talking about spending big money on a top striker - there has to be a slight altering of culture too.

I think all the players need to work on their shooting, especially Luiz and Ivanovich. These two get into a lot of shooting positions but have the habit of blazing over 90% of the time.

Not every chance next season will fall to Costa.

clearly heard on the tv and reported in the press

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/04/chelsea-fans-boo-blues-off-pitch-and-snub-players-lap-of-honour-4718184/

Chelsea fans boo Blues off pitch after Norwich draw and snub players’ lap of honour

I heard booing as well, but I thought we were booing Norwich for their approach.

Jose's done well with a limited and unbalanced squad to get us to third place and semifinal of the Champions League.

Thought the decision to let Lukaku go out on loan proved costly. While the sidelining and eventual sale of Mata in January was questionable in terms of timing.

Not sure about the quality of some of our recent signings like Eto'o, Salah, Willian and Matic. While some players have regressed including Luiz and Ramires.

Persisting with Ivanovic at right back and Azpi at left back might have helped us defensively but crippled us attacking wise.

Persisting with Torres in the face of all the evidence. Not that Jose had any strikers to work with upfront.

Really hope we bring in some real quality this Summer. Team spirit and work-rate only get you so far.

Next season will be the time to judge Jose's second spell...

I heard booing as well, but I thought we were booing Norwich for their approach.

Surely they'd have to be masters of irony to be booing Norwich for their approach?

Ando   

I've seen us miss an unbelievable amount of clear cut chances this season.

The only games where we lost points in where I felt we were just unlucky/not clinical enough (I.e. created enough quality chances to win it) was the Everton game you mentioned and the 0-0 West Ham game. Apart from that we've struggled to consistently create well enough and that it was ultimately cost us the league this year.

Failing to create quality chances against the likes of Norwich, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, West Brom twice and Stoke is what really did us in this season, and it's something I sincerely hope Mourinho addresses next year. Hopefully Jose comes through with the right signings next season because he has the whole off season to complete the team that he needs. He even says himself that we're challenging for the title next year so there are no more excuses for Jose next year.

and it's something I sincerely hope Mourinho addresses next year.

There's another thing that I hope JM addresses for next season - that it's complete overkill, and counter-productive to play 6 at the back (4 defenders + 2 deep-sitting midfielders) against relegation fodder like Norwich.

Ando   

There's another thing that I hope JM addresses for next season - that it's complete overkill, and counter-productive to play 6 at the back (4 defenders + 2 deep-sitting midfielders) against relegation fodder like Norwich.

Indeed.

If we get in a proper creative CM next to Matic who can sit deep, an attacking left back like Shaw who can link up well with Hazard on the left, and if David Luiz stays at the club, against these sort of teams we should be playing more technically gifted players and that starts from the back.

A back 6 of:

Azpi - Cahill - Luiz - Shaw

Creative CM - Matic (sitting)

Would do a world of good in our attempts to break down these sort of teams. I really hope it's addressed next season.

Anyone else think the size of the Stamford Bridge pitch doesn't help? Considerably shorter than City's, Arsenal's and United's. (Six yards in some cases) - and when teams are camped in their own half while we struggle to break them down, it makes you wonder about another benefit a new stadium would bring...