• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Correct. But when the club goes after a certain segment of, shall we say, "customers", it's a bit strange to then complain those customers aren't behaving as another customer segment your club has decided to ignore.

It's just a strange comment to make. He's essentially asking ponies to be lions. If he and the club wants lions they need to adjust the offer to suit lions. You can't go after ponies because those give you the highest turnover and then complain they are not behaving like lions.

Surreal.......but for me you have hit the nail firmly on the head with this post SD.

I can't recall whether I have read it in this forum or somewhere else, but someone also made a similar and equally valid point. Do the club just want to attract and encourage 'spectators' or 'supporters' ? There is in my opinion a big difference between the two.

I would classify a 'spectator' as someone who just pays their money, rocks up at any given event and sits there expecting to be entertained. When the event is over they leave the stadium/arena/theatre/whatever and walk off into the night.

To me a 'supporter' is someone who feels a strong emotional tie and bond with whoever/whatever it is they are supporting, and they invest a huge amount of time, energy and yes money into showing their support through the good times and the bad.

Personally I think it was disappointing for Mourinho to criticise our support so publicly, but he has previous in that respect so we shouldn't be too surprised.

The Premier League is all about the brand these days, has been for a number of years and I don't see that ever changing. The match going demographic has changed.

The above debate is all well and good about customer v supporter but does that make his point any less valid?

If the bridge is rocking next home game it will have started to serve its purpose and a few bruised egos of precious customporters will be well worth it.

It will be interesting to see if there is any difference in the atmosphere at the west brom game, a big part of that will obviously be what type of game it is, an end to end 5-4 thriller or a dull game will have it's own effect, but I will be interested to see how things start off when the teams come out.

Love how fans complain about atmopshere all season long....tourists blah blah...sit down bridgade etc. But when Jose says it, clearly to raise the level and help create something which will help the team. Those same fans get defensive and arsey and strat talking about the cost of a ticket!

I paid my 50 quid and now can't afford to sing.

Lol

I apologise if this offends you, but I can't see where you're coming from here. Virtually nobody has said what you claim they did.

It's the segment the club has been trying to get to games for roughly two decades that had created this "problem".

You can't expect people to sing if they never did sing in the first place. We've gone after a segment that never will act like Jose wants them to. But as they are the ones ready to pay the bucks the club has welcomed them.

That's just the reality. Nothing more, nothing less.

Surreal.......but for me you have hit the nail firmly on the head with this post SD.

I can't recall whether I have read it in this forum or somewhere else, but someone also made a similar and equally valid point. Do the club just want to attract and encourage 'spectators' or 'supporters' ? There is in my opinion a big difference between the two.

I would classify a 'spectator' as someone who just pays their money, rocks up at any given event and sits there expecting to be entertained. When the event is over they leave the stadium/arena/theatre/whatever and walk off into the night.

To me a 'supporter' is someone who feels a strong emotional tie and bond with whoever/whatever it is they are supporting, and they invest a huge amount of time, energy and yes money into showing their support through the good times and the bad.

Personally I think it was disappointing for Mourinho to criticise our support so publicly, but he has previous in that respect so we shouldn't be too surprised.

The Premier League is all about the brand these days, has been for a number of years and I don't see that ever changing. The match going demographic has changed.

Thanks. Not sure whether I should be offended or happy about the "Surreal" comment though;)!

I agree and have made similar points on Facebook (perhaps where you've seen it?). Nobody can deny atmosphere is **** both at the Bridge and other stadiums around England. But the comment is an unintelligent one from JM because it shows his lack of knowledge on the issue.

He's far too intelligent to make such silly comments. He can and should do better.

The above debate is all well and good about customer v supporter but does that make his point any less valid?

If the bridge is rocking next home game it will have started to serve its purpose and a few bruised egos of precious customporters will be well worth it.

IF, and it's a very big if, the Bridge is rocking in the next home game it will have proved nothing unless that 'rocking' atmosphere is continued throughout this season, and the next ad infinitum. Who are these bruised ego precious custmporters you speak of ?

Good to hear JT's comments. And confirms what Jose's intentions were. So there we go.

What were JT's comments.....do you have a link please ?