• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

I can't believe this has been blown so out of proportion. The only reason this is an issue is because Eva is female, if she was a male this would have just been a story for one day after the game rather than five days and counting.

The first problem I have with this is that the current medical team - that's the team and not just Eva - do run on to the pitch at a drop of the hat. I am not being funny or nothing but Hazard in no shape or form needed medical treatment at that point - he simply got winded at best and was tired - there was nothing the medical team could do for him other than put a shoulder over him and take him to the sideline. So for that reason they should not have come on. Also, as I have mentioned they do this a lot, so the reason Jose has flipped is probably because he has had enough rather than just picking on the one incident.

My second problem is words have been put in Jose's mouth. At no point did he inidividially criticise Eva and/or accuse Hazard of play acting - for anyone that doesn't believe this see Cam's posts. So again this is a case of Jose saying one thing and the media spinning it another.

Edited by sebcfc

I can't believe this has been blown so out of proportion. The only reason this is an issue is because Eva is female, if she was a male this would have just been a story for one day after the game rather than five days and counting.

That's what it seems like. Also seems like nobody cares about the other physio Jon Fearne who was also demoted.

Well, he seemingly doesn't like Jose, Costa, Ivanovic, Fabregas or Falcao , I just assumed he'd picked the wrong team.

Ah right. Well he criticized them. Doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't like them at all I guess.

The main issue is that someone has been leaking news out to the press - something that hardly ever happens normally.

What should have happened it that the news was kept quiet until the City kick-off and then promptly buried with the match day news.

Someone decided to pre-empt that. And that someone should be sacked on the spot if they can prove it.

The way it came out as a definite fact one evening, and then next morning every newspaper had it confirmed, I suspect a press agent like Max Clifford is involved.

That's what it seems like. Also seems like nobody cares about the other physio Jon Fearne who was also demoted.

Well he was first out of the blocks so in theory is most to blame.

I haven't seen that he is demoted - is it rumour or stated as confirmed fact?

Edited by Droy was my hero

Will we? Seriously doubt that.

Me too and probably quite right too. This time around he'll surely be better prepared and use the "it's an in-house matter" line. Journos might not like it but so what? It's a perfectly justifiable line to take. If he entertains questions about the incident it'll just kick it on again.

I can see Jose kicking off tomorrow with some of the journalists in the presser. Would be a good one to cancel I think.

Of all the controversies we've had in recent years - real and/or media-driven - this is the dullest of the lot. Bored even discussing it.

Mourinho made a mistake calling them out after the game, Carneiro made an arguably worse one going on FB, the club probably overreacted by changing their roles. That's literally it.

People really don't have anything better to do with their lives than this absurd frenzy?

Of all the controversies we've had in recent years - real and/or media-driven - this is the dullest of the lot. Bored even discussing it.

Mourinho made a mistake calling them out after the game, Carneiro made an arguably worse one going on FB, the club probably overreacted by changing their roles. That's literally it.

People really don't have anything better to do with their lives than this absurd frenzy?

People prefer scandal to their drab lives (which is something to be grateful for really).

Others want to see Mourinho tumble, some want to see issues where there aren't any (sexism) and there'd be people who think all footballers are pansies and direct their whinging towards Hazard.

Its got something for everyone, really... and so its become ludicrously over blown.

1) The only reason this is an issue is because Eva is female, if she was a male this would have just been a story for one day after the game rather than five days and counting.

2) The first problem I have with this is that the current medical team - that's the team and not just Eva - do run on to the pitch at a drop of the hat.

3) My second problem is words have been put in Jose's mouth. At no point did he inidividially criticise Eva

1) Sure, that's a big part of it all. And the fact that she has a high profile - something the club has promoted, and received much good PR from over recent years, it should be noted. And it was Eva, and not Jon, who had the riot act read to them on the sidelines in front of 41,000 people at the ground, and millions watching on tv. Had JM chosen to pull both of them up and give them a spray, it might have been different. But he singled-out Eva, while Jon walked quietly past to the bench. I'd imagine that this was pretty humiliating for our club doctor, wouldn't you? And in saying that, let me stress that I don't believe that there was any 'sexism' involved in Mourinho's actions - he just let fly, and the club doctor happens to be female.

2) Sorry, but how would you know this to be a fact? I don't have a medical degree, and I'm assuming you don't, either. I also assume that the medicos go onto the pitch when called on by the ref - is that not so? They don't just enter the playing area on a whim. In fact, they're not allowed to, as far as I'm aware. The ref asks the injured/fouled player if he requires medical assistance, before calling the medicos onto the pitch. How any of that can be construed as running on 'at the drop of a hat', is beyond me, tbh.

3) See: Point 1. Mourinho made it about Eva, when he singled-her out for a bollocking on the sideline. Yes, he talked about his medical 'team' in the presser, but the damage had been done by then. And yes, I agree that she didn't help here cause by thanking people for their support on Facebook, but I hardly think that qualifies as a hanging offense. Of course it was always going to create a media frenzy. But all of that could easily have been avoided, couldn't it?