• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

All clubs in the 70's had reputations. They were considered a badge of honour so it's pretty pointless going back that far.

Our reputation was poor during JM's first tenure from the moment he announced himself as the special one it was a red rag to a bull for the press. The saving grace at the start was the team was playing brilliant football and that deflected.He then started to tighten up and the play become labourous and that allowed the press to concentrate on the off field activities.

From Avram to Rafa the bad press against us as a club toned down. We were less hated and started to be accepted again as peoples second team. Certain players got the same amount of abuse throughout that is also true.

JM's return started out ok and with Costa firing we rode the Champions by Christmas crest well. but the press were waiting for him to show himself and he didn't let them down as after Christmas he again tightened up the play and we got very boring. They were ready and him totally getting the Eva situation wrong hasn't helped. We also played shite which is a common factor to the amount of abuse we get .

His lack of humbleness makes it worse. His interview after the Manc game is a prime example. He is of danger of going into himself but does need to measure his interviews. He is quite intense and the press usually go for the low hanging fruit of a controversial sound bite.

Ironically most of what he say's is very measured and balanced but his dour overly serious way means most have switched off by the time his real point is made. When he interjects humour the interviews go much better as the mood lifts. You can hear the press laughing back so they are not all against him despite what some may think

Opposing fans won't bother themselves to actually dissect what he says for the true meaning and are happy to take the controversy as it backs up their own views. Papers pander to their readers prejudices and most readers want their prejudices legitimized by the paper they read.

To dismiss it as jealousy or cup envy is just to delude oneself. He is hated full stop. Not because he is successful but because of who he is.

If he continues as he has done in previous seasons he will be gone before the end of the season. If he steps back and gets advice doesn't get insular with all the us against the world siege mentality we can get through this. Of course if the football continues to be as poor as it has been since Christmas that will be all the harder

Agree with most of this. Last time round the us against the world thing got very tired and wearing.

From Avram to Rafa the bad press against us as a club toned down. We were less hated and started to be accepted again as peoples second team.

This bears no resemblance to anything I experienced or any person I met during that time.

Perhaps I was just...unlucky...

When I was about 12, I asked my Dad why the Daily Mirror would always print a positive article about Liverpool and would counter with a negative one about Chelsea.

True story.

Nobody knew who Mourinho was then.

From Avram to Rafa the bad press against us as a club toned down. We were less hated and started to be accepted again as peoples second team.

Absolute nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense, and every Chelsea fan knows it.

Blue Rod   

Since when did you become every Chelsea fan? You are so important; speaking for yourself is no longer enough.

Edited by Blue Rod

Of course it is utter nonsense. Mr Bartlett, how you can sweep away 25years to,suit your argument iis breathtaking. I'll ask you again. Do you seriously believe that CFC has had a "positive" image, call it what you like before and during RAs tenure?

Blue Rod   

Rodders, losing the penalty shoot out in 2008 had nothing to do with Jose. I am pleased Jose stood up for us, as I am pleased when I see Diego confronting players who foul and try to intimidate him, because it shows that both of them are prepared to fight for us. Yes, I agree, it doesn't help us in certain PR areas, or if Diego gets yellow cards, and Jose has gone too far on more than one occasion - but overall I would say that it's good that they fight our corner.

But what finals do you think we could have got to? The ghost goal match when Eidur had the chance to win it for us - him missing had nothing to do with Jose being a bit gobby. Penalty shoot-out losses are nothing to do with the manager.

Brian Clough always said you build a team with a solid defence and Jose is the same. I know that sometimes he is too conservative, and I find it infuriating at times, especially when we just give up the centre midfield, but even given our execrable start to the season, Jose gets it right far more than he gets it wrong.

There is no one else I would rather have at Chelsea. Not just because we have had most managers, but because I truly believe he is still the best.

I think that there are some terrific managers out there - Koeman, Klopp possibly and maybe even Pardew (not saying he should be our manager, but he is very under-rated in my view), Pochettino, etc etc - but Jose is, for me, still the number one.

I respect your views. I beg to disagree though. The only reason that Avram Grant and RDM took us to a CL final is that they sent out a team to play like a semi-final. All those nearly this, nearly that, doesn't count I'm afraid. If RDM had told Ramires to hold his position at the Nou Camp, we would still be wandering to this day when we will ever win our first CL trophy.

Jose Mourinho's 3 semi finals for Chelsea were arguably some of the easiest ones (bar the one of Ranieri). He also had the strongest teams of our 7 semi finals. His performances in all three were cowardly. He waited for our opponents to lose. Interestingly when Ranieri messed up against Monaco we were all on his case. Many even slated Avram Grant for our Moscow disappointment.

I do respect Mourinho as a competent manager who has achieved a lot. But I do not agree that he is the best for Chelsea at the moment. Obviously you would ask me who is. That is a debate for another time.

All clubs in the 70's had reputations. They were considered a badge of honour so it's pretty pointless going back that far.

Our reputation was poor during JM's first tenure from the moment he announced himself as the special one it was a red rag to a bull for the press. The saving grace at the start was the team was playing brilliant football and that deflected.He then started to tighten up and the play become labourous and that allowed the press to concentrate on the off field activities.

From Avram to Rafa the bad press against us as a club toned down. We were less hated and started to be accepted again as peoples second team. Certain players got the same amount of abuse throughout that is also true.

JM's return started out ok and with Costa firing we rode the Champions by Christmas crest well. but the press were waiting for him to show himself and he didn't let them down as after Christmas he again tightened up the play and we got very boring. They were ready and him totally getting the Eva situation wrong hasn't helped. We also played shite which is a common factor to the amount of abuse we get .

His lack of humbleness makes it worse. His interview after the Manc game is a prime example. He is of danger of going into himself but does need to measure his interviews. He is quite intense and the press usually go for the low hanging fruit of a controversial sound bite.

Ironically most of what he say's is very measured and balanced but his dour overly serious way means most have switched off by the time his real point is made. When he interjects humour the interviews go much better as the mood lifts. You can hear the press laughing back so they are not all against him despite what some may think

Opposing fans won't bother themselves to actually dissect what he says for the true meaning and are happy to take the controversy as it backs up their own views. Papers pander to their readers prejudices and most readers want their prejudices legitimized by the paper they read.

To dismiss it as jealousy or cup envy is just to delude oneself. He is hated full stop. Not because he is successful but because of who he is.

If he continues as he has done in previous seasons he will be gone before the end of the season. If he steps back and gets advice doesn't get insular with all the us against the world siege mentality we can get through this. Of course if the football continues to be as poor as it has been since Christmas that will be all the harder

I'm sorry but that is almost completely rubbish.