• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Has to be Jose..........BUT if it isn't.........then who?

Roman's trigger finger has resulted in less options (he has sacked too many) and potential new managers are being put off.

If you go through Roman's roll of honour:

1. Ranieri - harsh sacking but there were long term doubts over his ability to win big titles. can't argue on this based on the man who replaced him

2. Mourinho - the greatest we have ever had. The "sacking" or "falling out" set us back and we haven't properly recovered. I often wonder where we would be and how many league titles would be in the cabinet had he stayed for 10 years

3. Grant - was only a temporary, despite what was said. Still a harsh sacking in some ways bearing in mind how close we came to the EPL and CL double

4. Scolari - was awful. No surprise he got the boot.

5. Hiddink - the only one not sacked! Loved him. Great manager

6. Carlo - did the double but was found wanting in the CL. Finishing 1st then 2nd then being sacked.....incredibly harsh.

7. AVB - was awful. Doing well now but probably wrong man, wrong time. Having said that, to appoint a guy that young indicated a long term strategy which was given only a few months

8. Di Matteo - somehow found the holy grail after adventure frought with danger......RA never wanted to appoint him but winning the CL left him little choice. Was hastily fired at the first sign of a blip. Very harsh

9. RAFA......oh dear. His appointment though was an indication of the problems we will have in the summer. Having sacked RdM there was nodoby else really available.

Of the 9 managers, 7 have been sacked.

Harsh / wrong sacking = Jose, Carlo, RdM

Justified = Ranieri, Grant, Scolari, AVB

Ranieri only makes the "justified" slot becuase they got Jose to replace him. We'll never know what really happened with Jose, and to that end, I would argue Carlo had the worst treatment of them all.

Grant 85 points, CL final

Scolari / Hiddink 83 Points + CL semis (Ovrebo) and despite Scolari

CA 09/10 86 points and CL last 16

CA 10/11 71 points and CL last 8

AVB/RDM 64 points and CL winners

Not only does Ancelottis first year not look so impressive if you count the points, but his second year looks an incredible disaster.

I'd argue that CA's dumping was the MOST deserved of the lot.

Has to be Jose..........BUT if it isn't.........then who?

Roman's trigger finger has resulted in less options (he has sacked too many) and potential new managers are being put off.

If you go through Roman's roll of honour:

1. Ranieri - harsh sacking but there were long term doubts over his ability to win big titles. can't argue on this based on the man who replaced him

2. Mourinho - the greatest we have ever had. The "sacking" or "falling out" set us back and we haven't properly recovered. I often wonder where we would be and how many league titles would be in the cabinet had he stayed for 10 years

3. Grant - was only a temporary, despite what was said. Still a harsh sacking in some ways bearing in mind how close we came to the EPL and CL double

4. Scolari - was awful. No surprise he got the boot.

5. Hiddink - the only one not sacked! Loved him. Great manager

6. Carlo - did the double but was found wanting in the CL. Finishing 1st then 2nd then being sacked.....incredibly harsh.

7. AVB - was awful. Doing well now but probably wrong man, wrong time. Having said that, to appoint a guy that young indicated a long term strategy which was given only a few months

8. Di Matteo - somehow found the holy grail after adventure frought with danger......RA never wanted to appoint him but winning the CL left him little choice. Was hastily fired at the first sign of a blip. Very harsh

9. RAFA......oh dear. His appointment though was an indication of the problems we will have in the summer. Having sacked RdM there was nodoby else really available.

Of the 9 managers, 7 have been sacked.

Harsh / wrong sacking = Jose, Carlo, RdM

Justified = Ranieri, Grant, Scolari, AVB

Ranieri only makes the "justified" slot becuase they got Jose to replace him. We'll never know what really happened with Jose, and to that end, I would argue Carlo had the worst treatment of them all.

Hard to disagree with that.

The main sticking point is Carlos second season. Not good enough, but given the stuff he had us playing between March 2010 to October 2010 was some of the best football we as a club has ever played. Mourinho's tenure might beat it, especially between November 2004-May 2006. That football was amazing. And complete.

Carlos second season was a disaster, but I think quite a lot can be blamed on our squad. We must also not forget that Carlo suffered great personal loss during the second season when his father passed away. The Wilkins debacle didn't help proceedings either. In hindsight, had I known what waited for us, I'd given Carlo a third season and some money to spend. But at the time I agreed with the sacking in the end.

Not only does Ancelottis first year not look so impressive if you count the points, but his second year looks an incredible disaster.

Droy may I have some of the stuff you are smoking?

Scolari was a dinosaur - the club was going nowhere

Grant was a buffoon who took over a team at its peak and on autopilot.

Only thing Grant did consistency was get PL clubs relegated

Siven   

Hard to disagree with that.

The main sticking point is Carlos second season. Not good enough, but given the stuff he had us playing between March 2010 to October 2010 was some of the best football we as a club has ever played. Mourinho's tenure might beat it, especially between November 2004-May 2006. That football was amazing. And complete.

Carlos second season was a disaster, but I think quite a lot can be blamed on our squad. We must also not forget that Carlo suffered great personal loss during the second season when his father passed away. The Wilkins debacle didn't help proceedings either. In hindsight, had I known what waited for us, I'd given Carlo a third season and some money to spend. But at the time I agreed with the sacking in the end.

Agreed about his father passing affecting his ability to manage the team... it just seemed like his heart wasn't 100% in it (who can blame him).

Codger   

Grant had the support of two excellent coaches, though. He wouldn't have that this time, though I rather doubt many will take that into consideration. HTC and Clarke were excellent support and played a big part in how well Grant did at the time.

Mutu7   

I thought Carlo was a good fit for us. Not a great manager like Hiddink or Mourinho but a good one; plays good football, can work with big name players, a double winner with us and a Champions League and Serie A winner with Milan and importantly someone well versed in working with demanding owners. In the summer of 2010 we let a lot of experienced players leave (Carvalho, Deco, Ballack, Belletti, Cole etc), didn't replace them and then sacked him for not performing miracles with what he was left with.

Grant had the support of two excellent coaches, though. He wouldn't have that this time, though I rather doubt many will take that into consideration. HTC and Clarke were excellent support and played a big part in how well Grant did at the time.

Grant also had a prime Terry, Lampard, Cech, Drogba, Cole, Essien et al to call upon. I didn't rate him that much but he deserves credit for getting the players on side fairly quickly and being shrewd enough to not tinker much with a successful formula. And he actually out-did Jose's last season by taking the title race to the final game and getting us to within one post of winning the Champions League.

Droy may I have some of the stuff you are smoking?

Scolari was a dinosaur - the club was going nowhere

Grant was a buffoon who took over a team at its peak and on autopilot.

Only thing Grant did consistency was get PL clubs relegated

Which was rather my point. CA's predecessors are widely (and correctly) considered to have been v bad, yet even in his first season CA's league performance was barely better than them and his CL performance was dramatically worse.

We had one of the best first 11s ever assembled in football at any time.

Also, while I'm on this particularly hobby horse, the managers, collectively, have completely failed to educate the board as to how to create a proper squad. There is only one manager in the list since JM who has been at the cub as long as 12 months, and one manager who has finished a season sure that he will be manager next season. For me a lot of the squad blame lies with CA.

I thought Carlo was a good fit for us. Not a great manager like Hiddink or Mourinho but a good one; plays good football, can work with big name players, a double winner with us and a Champions League and Serie A winner with Milan and importantly someone well versed in working with demanding owners. In the summer of 2010 we let a lot of experienced players leave (Carvalho, Deco, Ballack, Belletti, Cole etc), didn't replace them and then sacked him for not performing miracles with what he was left with.

This. He was completely short-handed, with only Ramires and Zhirkov coming in. He still managed to drag us to second place and at the end was amazingly only a couple of victories away from winning the league again. Ridiculous dismissal.

todongo   

Ancelotti deserved more support from the owner and board and inherited an unbalanced squad.

If the next manager is supported and the squad is rounded out, there shouldn't be any reason for the manager to get sacked prematurely other than poor decisions on the part of the manager.

People cheering Chelsea have needed an anesthetic for years, but right now, this season is the height of this need.

wake me up in mid August.

Spot on. Carlo's tenure at the club fell apart after Wilkins left. He was clusless in his second season without him and his impact at PSG pretty uch bares testimony to a man who is past his best management wise.