• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

OzzyCFC   

I have never regarded Mourinho as the best manager in the world. I have always regarded him as a manager who excelled in his comfort zone. Every time that comfort zone looked like disappearing he has been quick to move on. But even if I regarded Mourinho as the best manager, surely I would have had to review my evaluation of him in light of his current performance. What I find laughable and totally delusional is that people can just go on repeating; they want Mourinho to stay because he is the best manager in the world, and don't bother to explain why they regard him as the best manager in the world. And yet every time the man turns up in front of the TV you clearly see how totally inept he is at solving the mess that he has plunged his team and the club into. I am told that this title of best manager in the world is based on his record. But is this mess not part of his record?

Who would you have instead? Who is the best option to replace him?

OzzyCFC   

Perhaps a stupid question, but I don't suppose there is any precedent for a manager taking a short sabbatical and allowing his second in command to take the pressure for a couple of weeks? The pressure on Jose is extraordinary.

Clough used to vanish to Spain a fair bit and left Taylor in charge of things.

Whatever the reason for what's happening this season, I get the strong impression that the anti-Chelsea brigade want Jose gone, and have been slowly but surely ramping up the pressure on him. I don't think that it matters who we may get to replace him, if they weren't successful, it would be job done, and if they were, they would get the same treatment as Jose to destabilize the club once more. I really believe that CFC will not be permitted to have any chance of a run of success, regardless of playing staff, or manager.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/29129/chelsea-players-revolt-yet-still-stubborn-jose-Mourinho-wont-back-down/

Probably absolute codswallop but yet more speculation.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the right way forward is to give Mourinho time and the chance to massacre this squad over the next 2 windows. If there's even a shred of truth to the whole mutiny stuff then the players need to pay. Mourinho got it badly wrong over the Carneiro/Fearn situation but it's no excuse whatsoever for how some players are apparently reacting. Spoilt F&CKING babies.

If the club makes it clear that Mourinho has their almost unconditional backing then the only people the players stand to hurt by not performing is themselves (and us).

Not having a go at you mate, but Bob is bang on with this assesment. Its incredibly difficult to name anyone with a better CV, so as soon as alternative name does get mentioned, the pro Jose cult just rubbish it because their CV is not as good. Yet I'm certain they would get a tune of this squad and improve things dramatically.

Personally, I have said this before but I really like Pochettino and Koeman as two options with PL experience. I can think of a number of other managers who I quite like in Montella, Prandelli, Martinez , Flores is doing a very impressive job at Watford.

Now none of these have a CV to lace JM's boots as a manager and they have all experienced bad spells in their managerial career which will be enough for many to just bin the idea of them taking over. The reality is they may never live up to the highs of what Jose has achieved at Chelsea and in his career, but I am certain they would all be a breath of fresh of air and get this squad performing close to the levels they should be and I also think they would all bring a positive vibe to the club inside and outside.

Pochettino and Koeman would be my first choices should a change be made. I really hope we go down this road rather than Carlo again, I can only see Jose sacking as becoming more and more inevitable.

Well you've given a bunch of suggestions there, with well thought out reasoning and, although I fundamentally disagree with some, I am not going to rubbish any of them because of trophy haul. Thanks for taking the time. There is no reason why Bob and Rod can't do that. It's interesting to know where those that do not believe in JM would want the club to go.

xCELERYx   

If we're to replace Mourinho, I think we're better off waiting until the summer and appoint a genuine replacement. Obviously, picking are going to be slim regardless of when it's done, but the summer provides the best opportunity to appoint a genuine figure. Seen a few names thrown around on here but one that seems to have gone unmentioned has been Conte. Might a bit more on the riskier side given he's only managed Juventus and currently Italy, but he's a bold manager that did well both domestically and in Europe, despite the gulf in spending power compared to some of the other sides competing. He assembled a good squad during his time there and was tactically flexible. Could be an interesting choice outside of the usual suspects.

Blue Rod   

Who would you have instead? Who is the best option to replace him?

Weeks ago I wrote that the players seem to want Jose Mourinho gone and I explained the reasons that may be. The response here was, how can anyone ever reject The Special One?. It wouldn't be the first time that my "nonsense" has turned out to be the only sense.

If you accept that the players don't want to play for Mourinho then it is not hard to see why anyone but Mourinho may be the way forward, in the short term, at least. In fact just removing Mourinho from the scene would be good enough to stem the decline. In the summer we can look at the names already mentioned and other names. Whoever comes in would have a hell of a job to rebuild the squad in addition to getting the team playing some football.

I find it really hard to have a serious debate with someone who believes that there cannot be another manager who can do a better job than Mourinho. Please don't take this as being pompous; I consider it an insult to my football intelligence. Because you can throw in a nobody into a situation and his skills may just be suited to that particular situation, that particular task, and that particular group of players. It happens all the time. And to be honest, that is exactly how Mourinho has thrived, until he got found out.

Edited by Blue Rod