• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

paulw66   

I'd be surprised if anyone has claimed JT would be finished at the age of 30. That would have been Prescott in that case who claimed Lampard was finished as early as 2008/09.

Now he (JT) is 36 and he has declined quicker than I'd have thought. I really can't see him last as a starter another season after this let alone three.

Nit picking but JT is 34, turns 35 next month.

Even though I want Jose to stay (though still think it's unlikely), it's not disloyal to Chelsea to think changing the manager might be a good way forward. It's also not knee jerk - 3 months relegation form with no sign of improvement is a potentially sackable level of performance.

It's only because it's Jose, with his record, and our desire for stability, that he is still here. And the club deserves credit for that.

I don't want Jose to go, I will always defend Jose's record & his status at our club. I love the guy & would always sing for him.

But to say to be a true fan of Chelsea you have to support Jose is wrong. To say you are a plastic fan of you don't support Jose is wrong. It's plain wrong.

We support the club, not one individual.

And if one day the best thing for the club is Jose leaving, as tough as that will be, then so be it.

It doesn't mean anyone is ungrateful to Jose or doesn't respect him, his record or what he has done for us. Not at all.

So stop guilt tripping all those genuinely calling for him to go. They just want what's in the best interests of the club - just like the fans sticking by him do.

I personally hope he turns it around and stays to build a dynasty. I can't bear the thought of him leaving. I am behind him.

But if he leaves Chelsea will go on. We will win major trophies. We will be successful. So let's not place one individual above the club.

Let me get this right. So you say you want him to stay. You say you love the guy and will always sing his name. But there's a "but" coming isn't there. But only if he turns this around now and brings back the glory days pronto. Well that's very generous of you James. Support with strict conditions.

You were one of the ones campaigning to bring him back to this club, telling everyone that he was the best in the world and the only one fit to manage Chelsea. So you get your wish and he arrives and slaps a PL trophy and a League Cup on the table. We then have bad start to the next season some of which may have been his fault some of which may have been out of his hands (we just don't know) and then the media starts doing their thing and all of a sudden you want him out...or maybe out.... or you'll just wait and see. What you are is Switzerland, sitting on the fence waiting to jump ship at any moment. I think I have a bit more respect for the blue rods of this world who have an opinion and stick to it regardless.

Our most successful manager is JM, though Pro Rata to the time he was here and what he won, Robbie - Appointed March, gone by Nov, with the FA Cup plus of course the big one.

My favourite managers in no particular order would be Eddie Mac, John Neal and Vialli.

You started off with your argument by comparing "successful" with "best" and now you're shifting it to be "successful" with "favourite". Neither comparison really stacks up as "best" and "favourite" are opinion based.

Love him or loathe him I'd stick to the facts mate - JM is undisputedly our greatest manager.

Bollocks. I never said Lampard was finished, and definitely not that far back.

Lamps is my all time fave Chelsea player and I know I would never have said that.

Now who's making false allegations to suit their agenda eh?

If anyone can help me out how that bloody search function works I will find them. Seems the original Lampard thread is no more? Only two threads I can find "Lampard departs" and "Lampard breaks the goalscoring record". They were started in 2013 and 2014.

Where has the old Lampard thread gone?

Edit: As the original Lampard thread seems to have vanished into thin air, this will have to suffice for now (unless someone can help me out). I'm not the best mate with the search function - can't figure it out. I just get alot of random posts when I search for "Lampard" and author "James Prescott".

In December 2007 you said:

"Ulitmately, Lamps and Drogba will only be at their peak for another couple of years, they will need replacing".

Over the 7 seasons (incl. 2007/08) since that statement Lampard scored 121 goals for the club. In 2008 you were not only indicating that his career at Chelsea were at it's last legs, you openly said he was finished. By 2010/11 the tune changed yet again and you proceeded in stating he was runining his Chelsea legacy. The two seasons that followed he scored a combined 33 goals for the club.

I'd love it if someone could help me find the old Lampard thread.

Sings when he's winning, he only sings when he winning

How quickly some forget when he was slagging off the fans :-)

Surely you must be mistaken. I have it on good authority that according to me José can do no wrong and I would never criticise him whatever he did.

OzzyCFC   

I think there are some fans here who would rather get relegated with Jose than finish top 4 without him.

And those fans should be ashamed of themselves. That's not supporting your club to me.

Oh my god, 11 years on you haven't changed.

Let me get this right. So you say you want him to stay. You say you love the guy and will always sing his name. But there's a "but" coming isn't there. But only if he turns this around now and brings back the glory days pronto. Well that's very generous of you James. Support with strict conditions.

You were one of the ones campaigning to bring him back to this club, telling everyone that he was the best in the world and the only one fit to manage Chelsea. So you get your wish and he arrives and slaps a PL trophy and a League Cup on the table. We then have bad start to the next season some of which may have been his fault some of which may have been out of his hands (we just don't know) and then the media starts doing their thing and all of a sudden you want him out...or maybe out.... or you'll just wait and see. What you are is Switzerland, sitting on the fence waiting to jump ship at any moment. I think I have a bit more respect for the blue rods of this world who have an opinion and stick to it regardless.

First, off, people who say I'm 'covering my back' can sod off. That's not what I'm doing.

You're right in saying I was one of the biggest advocates of bringing Jose back - and he's proven so far to me that was the right decision. I stick by that totally. I'll always defend Jose's record, and the fact he's one of us, and the best around. He's the best manager for this club, without doubt.

But the reality is, in nearly four months this season we have played abysmal football, looked exposed tactically, defended like schoolboys, lacked any confidence, and there's been little or no change in that whatsoever. The club have backed Jose - rightly - and still nothing is changing overall (though yesterday offered a glimmer of hope, I admit). Any other manager in the world at any club would have been under threat with that record. And I'm sure if it wasn't Jose any manager would have been sacked by Chelsea over a month ago.

The club have given Jose a chance to turn this around. And ultimately if our league form continues till January we'll be in relegation trouble, nowhere near the top 6, yet alone top 4, and something will have to be done. A decision will have to be made.

My consistent argument all along is that ideally Jose turns this around, and stays for the next 10 years. He's a world class manager and should be able to do that with his record. He deserves the chance to do that, and deserves our support. I'll always cheer for him and support him. But what I'm saying is that if this pathetic form continues we'll have to prepare ourselves for the possibility that he may go, and that it may be the best thing for the club.

That doesn't mean I want him to go. Jose here for 10 years building a dynasty is my dream for Chelsea, and I hope that happens. I still do hope for that.

But if this continues, it will prove there is something deeply wrong between players and manager, whatever they say publicly. And the club can't and won't simply sell half the squad, ultimately what would happen in that circumstances is Jose leaving.

It will be a horrible, horrible moment if Jose leaves. I'll hate it. I won't rejoice in Jose leaving Chelsea. Nightmare scenario. We just have to be open to the possibility it might happen - that's all. And the reality is even if Jose does leave - and even if he doesn't leave this season, he will eventually at some point, he won't be here forever - Chelsea will go on, and should go on.

So stop with the attacks on me, and accusing me of covering my back or disloyal or inconsistent. It's rubbish.

I'm a Chelsea fan (for over 30 years BTW), and my ideal is that Jose stays, and I've never said otherwise. But there is a chance it may not happen - that's all.

paulw66   

If anyone can help me out how that bloody search function works I will find them. Seems the original Lampard thread is no more? Only two threads I can find "Lampard departs" and "Lampard breaks the goalscoring record". They were started in 2013 and 2014.

Edit: As the original Lampard thread seems to have vanished into thin air, this will have to suffice for now (unless someone can help me out). I'm not the best mate with the search function - can't figure it out. I just get alot of random posts when I search for "Lampard" and author "James Prescott".

"Ulitmately, Lamps and Drogba will only be at their peak for another couple of years, they will need replacing".

Over the 7 seasons (incl. 2007/08) since that statement Lampard scored 121 goals for the club. In 2008 you were not only indicating that his career at Chelsea were at it's last legs, you openly said he was finished. By 2010/11 the tune changed yet again and you proceeded in stating he was runining his Chelsea legacy. The two seasons that followed he scored a combined 33 goals for the club.

Ouch, the internet is a dangerous place:

"Drogba is nearing 30, not going to get much better and if we're building long-term then maybe it is a good time to see him go. I'd be loath to lose Lamps but I don't think it would be the disaster everyone says losing both of them, as long as they were replaced."

OzzyCFC   

If you could track every managerial change for the past 12 years you'll find james speculating about a replacement as if that's the sport we are following.