• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

If anyone can help me out how that bloody search function works I will find them. Seems the original Lampard thread is no more? Only two threads I can find "Lampard departs" and "Lampard breaks the goalscoring record". They were started in 2013 and 2014.

Where has the old Lampard thread gone?

Edit: As the original Lampard thread seems to have vanished into thin air, this will have to suffice for now (unless someone can help me out). I'm not the best mate with the search function - can't figure it out. I just get alot of random posts when I search for "Lampard" and author "James Prescott".

In December 2007 you said:

"Ulitmately, Lamps and Drogba will only be at their peak for another couple of years, they will need replacing".

Over the 7 seasons (incl. 2007/08) since that statement Lampard scored 121 goals for the club. In 2008 you were not only indicating that his career at Chelsea were at it's last legs, you openly said he was finished. By 2010/11 the tune changed yet again and you proceeded in stating he was runining his Chelsea legacy. The two seasons that followed he scored a combined 33 goals for the club.

I'd love it if someone could help me find the old Lampard thread.

I would never have said Lampard was past it. Maybe I might have speculated a little on his performances, yes, speculated. But said he was past it? No.

Well on the above comments I was dead wrong wasn't I? And happy to be proven wrong. Lamps is the best player this club has had - and you don't need to look far to find I have pretty much said that consistently. Even back then I said that.

And if you really think a good use of your time is finding some thread from 8 years ago to get one over on me, then I feel sorry for you.

Thinking that the FA & media conspire to sabotage our results is pathetic, and so is this.

Come on Dave, you're so much beret than this.

Edited by James Prescott

If you could track every managerial change for the past 12 years you'll find james speculating about a replacement as if that's the sport we are following.

Pathetic. And people say I get paranoid about personal attacks, and being misrepresented.

I wondered why I didn't come here as much. I think I forgot for a while. Now I remember. Thanks.

See you everyone.

Edited by James Prescott

I would never have said Lampard was past it. Maybe I might have speculated a little on his performances, yes, speculated. But said he was past it? No.

Well on the above comments I was dead wrong wasn't I? And happy to be proven wrong. Lamps is the best player this club has had - and you don't need to look far to find I have pretty much said that consistently. Even back then I said that.

And if you really think a good use of your time is finding some thread from 8 years ago to get one over on me, then I feel sorry for you.

Thinking that the FA & media conspire to sabotage our results is pathetic, and so is this.

To be fair James you called his post "bollocks". I think at that point human nature takes over and most people would want to justify that they not talking bollocks. Also to be fair most of us have talked bollocks on here at one point or another. I am would certainly be embarrassed if some of my old comments were dragged up. I wrote in one shameful post that Drogba had lost it and would never be a Chelsea Legend.

If you've got upset because you believe people are having a pop at you unfairly, just put yourself in Jose's shoes for the last few weeks. I don't care how much money your earning, it must be painful for both him and his wife and kids. No one knows who you are James and no one is sticking a camera or mobile in your face as you walk down the street, or calling you a wally as a headline or a cheat or a disgrace or an enemy of football or questioning your every move whilst you do a very difficult and pressured job.

My instinct when I heard the media knives sharpening and sensed the refs trying to look tough and the FA even tougher and the other clubs fans glorying in our demise, was to stop my moaning (which I had been doing) , stick my flag colours in the ground and defend my club AND my manager with everything I've got. It may be wrong but that's my choice and I've taken plenty of flack for it from people with opposite view points. That's fine because the pleasure I've had from watching Chelsea over the last 10 years is what it's all about. The glory nights in the stadium when I'm lucky enough to get a ticket or jumping out my armchair punching the air while spilling my beer. We've had highs and a few lows but it's been a great ride. Much of it has been thanks to Jose Mourinho and right now regardless of our shite football, shite press and shite league position I am going to stand behind him. If he goes I will accept it,move on and support the next man in, but it will be a sad and I fear a shameful one.

I made a passing comment to Droy and you claimed I made it all up to suit my agenda (whatever that may be in this instance). I have no capital invested in whether JT can make it a few more years or not, neither have I claimed he was/wasn't finished at any time during his career. So what agenda are you on about?

What am I supposed to do? Just let you accuse me of making things up when I know I'm not?

Edit: as for your claim I'm pathetic (something you've stayed in a number of occasions without explicitly referring to me, but let's be honest, you are) for saying the media has an agenda against us? Anyone with a pair of eyes and a little bit of independent thought can see it. It really isn't far-fetched.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Let me get this right. So you say you want him to stay. You say you love the guy and will always sing his name. But there's a "but" coming isn't there. But only if he turns this around now and brings back the glory days pronto. Well that's very generous of you James. Support with strict conditions.

You were one of the ones campaigning to bring him back to this club, telling everyone that he was the best in the world and the only one fit to manage Chelsea. So you get your wish and he arrives and slaps a PL trophy and a League Cup on the table. We then have bad start to the next season some of which may have been his fault some of which may have been out of his hands (we just don't know) and then the media starts doing their thing and all of a sudden you want him out...or maybe out.... or you'll just wait and see. What you are is Switzerland, sitting on the fence waiting to jump ship at any moment. I think I have a bit more respect for the blue rods of this world who have an opinion and stick to it regardless.

Great post, this made me laugh as it's spot on.

At some point in our future we will find a manager who will win friends along with silverware,

I think you are dreaming, do you honestly believe any manager of Chelsea FC is ever going to be Mr Popular with the media or other fans?

I should add the caveat 'whilst we are successful', as it's easy to like somebody when they are no threat.

I think the last manager we had who was well liked was probably Ranieri, interestingly just before we became serial winners and a threat to the established order of clubs.

I think you are dreaming, do you honestly believe any manager of Chelsea FC is ever going to be Mr Popular with the media or other fans?

I should add the caveat 'whilst we are successful', as it's easy to like somebody when they are no threat.

I think the last manager we had who was well liked was probably Ranieri, interestingly just before we became serial winners and a threat to the established order of clubs.

Hiddink maybe?

I think there are some fans here who would rather get relegated with Jose than finish top 4 without him.

And those fans should be ashamed of themselves. That's not supporting your club to me.

Terrible posting, and then lots of crying about being called on it afterwards.

People seem to confuse our best ever manager with our most successful ever manager.

I ... Erm ... Okay.

What is it about Jose that makes some people act so weird?

I think there are some fans here who would rather get relegated with Jose than finish top 4 without him.

I think there are some fans that have been talked into believing that those are the choices.

Funny that. I can't recall any of our Managers other than Mourinho being unpopular with the media, or the football community at large. I wonder why that is???

Going back to the theory that only horrible ....... go on to be successful managers, what a load of Tommy Rot.

Fergie and JM- granted. No question.

Guardiola doesn't polarise opinion like those two.

Pellegrini managed to win the PL without ruffling too many feathers.

In Rugby, Cricket, and just about any other team sport Managers achieve without resorting to the dark arts of referee/ media manipulation.

Don't recall Mat Busby, Shanks, Bob Paisley, Jock Stein being reviled for their win at all cost personas

Edited by Skinny Legs