• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

First of all a **** manager, lucky to inherit some great teams, and who did really quite poorly in France and had a dreadful second season here.

Secondly he grovelled to the press from before he joined giving them the interviews they wanted, and in particular slagging off the "Mourninho style of football".

He got rubbished by the press for not taking the "bad moment" seriously.

And of course the press were too busy attacking our Captain, leader legend over Miss Perroncel.

Ancelotti would have been destroyed had he stayed a third year.

He had become a laughing stock.

In between we got completely done over in the CL by a much weaker Inter team who had the better manager,

You have a nice habit of refreshing memories Mr Droy.

Some managers have come in here too aware that Roman wants an improved image and they have basically tried to arrse lick. The press will simply turn their cross hairs on the nearest available target and then wait for a suitable opportunity to attack the manager. Mourinho fronts them up and calls them out. Of course they hate him for it, but I prefer that to having an arrse licker any day of the week.

Oh and just when they think he's in meltdown he comes back cool as a cucumber and has the stadium singing his name. Maybe the worm has turned. We'll see.

2014-2015? Please show me these hundreds of posts where no one thought we were capable of winning the title

This is just a wild, wild guess but I suspect the squad thread for 2014-15 would be a good start.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

2014-2015? Please show me these hundreds of posts where no one thought we were capable of winning the title

There were a lot of people on here that didn't think we had the squad to win the league last year, Sleeping Dave, Droy Was My Hero, thevelourfog, Chelsea Matt (apologies if those I mentioned are wrong) but not 'no one'. Even when we were 8 points clear,the first time round, a lot of people didn't think we had the squad.

Those people were clear from the very beginning of the summer, or at least when the transfer window closed that our squad wasn't good enough. There probably are literally hundreds of posts discussing it.

It might have helped if you were actually a member when all this was going on though go be fair, rather than claiming things didn't happen before you even joined the forum.

you can add me to that list, I doubted whether the squad collective had the mental strength to do it right up to the Arsenal away game which more or less sealed the deal. My reasoning being some of our players are nice players but we had fallen short in the preceding seasons when it mattered. I still have that doubt, City had a better squad last season and still do imo

paulw66   

In between we got completely done over in the CL by a much weaker Inter team who had the better manager,

The Inter team who went on to beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich en route to winning the treble?

That Inter side was a bloody good one, and so was ours. If the ref had sent off their defender and given the penalty in the first half of the away leg, we would have gone through, no doubt.

Edit: line ups below. Not much between them IMO

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2010/matches/round=2000029/match=2000474/postmatch/index.html

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2010/matches/round=2000029/match=2000462/postmatch/index.html

Edited by paulw66

#Mourinho to be punished for not appealing stadium ban. His reason to not appeal brings game into disrepute. #bbcsportsday

found on twitter, seems to be about right

before anyone says it, and someone would, I know its a joke....sigh

The Inter team who went on to beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich en route to winning the treble?

That Inter side was a bloody good one, and so was ours. If the ref had sent off their defender and given the penalty in the first half of the away leg, we would have gone through, no doubt.

Edit: line ups below. Not much between them IMO

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2010/matches/round=2000029/match=2000474/postmatch/index.html

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2010/matches/round=2000029/match=2000462/postmatch/index.html

Hugely overrated team out of what was then a very weak league.

We should have beaten them comfortably - so should have Barca.

Yeah, if it wasn't for beating Barca to the title with Real Madrid, I'd say that his Inter treble is the pinnacle of his career, and that's really saying something.