• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

GURJ SS   

Long term: I would be interested in seeing someone like Antonio Conte take over in the summer, he seems to be able to be brave in changing systems and using players to their strengths. He changed Serie A when he was in charge at Juve, he brought new ideas to the game and his team's tend to use movement off the ball to hurt the opposition(something that P.L teams hate playing against).

Short term: I think we need someone who is actually a bit like Jose for now, someone who will want to stop conceding and try and build on that. The last thing we need is a manager to come in and not try and cover our players weaknesses. They will need to be intelligent in using the right player for the right system, otherwise we will fold.

Emenalo. " something had to be done" ....nothing like strategic planning for a multi million pound business is there? Unbelievable statement and sums up what we are.

Thats a diplomatic way of saying the buck stops at the manager. I'm sure a lot of thinking was done before doing this. Managers were sacked for far far less this season.

What was the difference between last years manager and this years?

“By the start of the fourth (season) that Jose had been in charge, I think we had started to reach a point where it was sometimes harder for his message to get through.
“We wanted to hear it, we tried, but somehow we had lost a little bit of what made us special.”

The difference was there was no difference. Unable to adapt to how players and the team and opponents evolve through his tenure.

I liken it to how Margaret Thatcher worked. She started by cutting the deadwood out of the UK economy which did a huge amount of good. Unfortunately as it progressed the mindset didn't change. "If I cut, it does good: so if I cut twice it does twice as good" Sadly she cut through the dead and into live flesh and kept going. That mindset is what upset the British public so much and why she had to go. The same with JM he does the same thing and it works he keeps going. If it doesn't work he does it twice not because it's working but because it worked the last time....

here endeth :-)

Long term: I would be interested in seeing someone like Antonio Conte take over in the summer, he seems to be able to be brave in changing systems and using players to their strengths. He changed Serie A when he was in charge at Juve, he brought new ideas to the game and his team's tend to use movement off the ball to hurt the opposition(something that P.L teams hate playing against).

Said it before we re-appointed Jose, and I haven't changed my opinion

Thats a diplomatic way of saying the buck stops at the manager. I'm sure a lot of thinking was done before doing this. Managers were sacked for far far less this season.

That's a knee jerk reaction. How can we be taken seriously by any quality manager if the remit is to ' build a dynasty?" How can you do that if

a, you have no,time

b, you can't buy who,you want

c, a clique of jobsworths have the ear of,the owner?

The difference was there was no difference. Unable to adapt to how players and the team and opponents evolve through his tenure.

I liken it to how Margaret Thatcher worked. She started by cutting the deadwood out of the UK economy which did a huge amount of good. Unfortunately as it progressed the mindset didn't change. "If I cut, it does good: so if I cut twice it does twice as good" Sadly she cut through the dead and into live flesh and kept going. That mindset is what upset the British public so much and why she had to go. The same with JM he does the same thing and it works he keeps going. If it doesn't work he does it twice not because it's working but because it worked the last time....

here endeth :-)

Didn't Fergie adopt the same approach? I agree for onvce with your analogy, but, JM wasn't given the time to make those cuts was he?

xCELERYx   

Short term: I think we need someone who is actually a bit like Jose for now, someone who will want to stop conceding and try and build on that. The last thing we need is a manager to come in and not try and cover our players weaknesses. They will need to be intelligent in using the right player for the right system, otherwise we will fold.

Conte's my preferred permanent option. He'll likely leave the Azzurri after the Euro's and I think he'd fit in quite well at Chelsea and English football. Would also be nice to see an Italian influence back at the club, it's what attracted me to support Chelsea initially when Vialli joined from Juve. Definitely a complete different manager from Jose while still being bold in his approach.

Sorry but I have to agree with Ham here. It's not about what he said, it's about the way he said it and his tone. You could tell that he wasn't happy with it. It was all a bit strange.

Yes it seemed pretty clear Hazard was telling him he didn't want to play for him any more. The replay's showed little contact (far less than the Eva one) which was why JM seemed frustrated a player would be so openly defiant. The team was ripping itself apart and imploding. JM was unable to stop it because the team or at least certain players felt he was the epicentre.

More than a few here felt JM was not a long term manager despite his protestations that he was. I am sure he genuinely believes he was but there seems something in his makeup which appears to prevent this from happening. He possibly needed a dose of failure to further smooth his ashlar and he will be all the better for it.

Anyhoo it appears he will be going back to Real Madrid so not our problem any more. We move on.