• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Laughable at the fans moaning about Jose's attitude and constant moaning at refs, media etc when they were complaining that managers we had before such as Ancelotti, Benitez never had the balls to do it.

We haven't just sacked a manager here, we've sacked an icon of Chelsea Football Club. I've seen people on Twitter, and I'm sure they are here, that claim that people upset are only Jose fans and not Chelsea fans. I don't understand how you can't associate one without the other. The man who led us to 3 PL Titles, multiple cup competitions, competitive in the CL (until last season), built a winning squad that eventually brought us the CL etc I could go on but you get the point. He put the club on the map and one, ONE, bad season and the board have sacked him. I'm absolutely disgusted with the players and if players like Hazard, Fabregas, Matic, Oscar, Costa are sold in the summer I won't miss them one bit. Gave up on their manager, couldn't be bothered to come over to the fans and Hazard quite clearly couldn't wait to get off the pitch on Monday night.

JT, Lamps, Drogba, all legends and I would put Jose right up there in terms of stature at the club. He's led us to so many great moments and stood up for us when no-one else would, and the club can't even refer to his name during an interview on their own channel, "the individual". Sickening, saddened and downright disgusted today. Absolutely disillusioned with football right now. I'll leave you with these:

Spot on! It's disgraceful that a talentless weasel like Emenalo still has a job when Jose has been fired. When we hopefully get knocked out of the Champions League (in the unlikely event we ever get back in) by Jose's next team, hopefully the board will realise how stupid they have been. In the interim, all we can hope for is a new and sane owner and a fresh start (I.e. no baggage that will prevent bringing back the right manager).

cam4blue   
What pisses me off; Jose made mistakes. Jose made errors of judgement. Jose made out-right ****-ups. But did you ever get a sense that he wasn't doing his best? Did you ever get a sense that he didn't care about the results or the club?

I never felt that of him, and I'm not sure I can say that about too many others. And he carried the can.

We didn't just sack any manager. We sacked "The Manager". "The Special One". Our greatest ever manager. The guy we claimed was coming back to build a dynasty. The guy we claimed would be given time. The guy who won the league 7 months ago. The guy who signed a 4 year contract 4 months ago.

The message is simple from here on; succeed or you're gone. Maybe not a bad message. Do it. Do it now. Or else.

It puts us right up there with the highest pressure jobs in world football. The media sure love that. It is likely to promote short-termism over long-term planning. But we've obviously fine with that.

You could even look at it that it's not getting much worse this season. We're not going down. No-one is going to come in and rescue our season. Why bother sacking him? It's more like a punishment for under-performing than anything else. Frankly, you could possibly make an argument that even coming off a nightmare season, he'd be as well equipped to get us back in the top 4 as anyone else we could realistically get.

Guus comes in for 6 months; then what?

I don't think many top managers will be wanting to come to a club without CL football next season. Don't know many who'd be willing to risk their reputation on a team as mentally weak as this one. Add in a trigger happy chairman and, honestly, who's coming here?

Pep? LOL. He isn't looking for a challenge. He wants to go the best squad, loadsamoney route. Simeone leaving Athletico for this nightmare? Good luck. Conte; sure I'd love to see what the English media would do with a guy who has been done for match-fixing and awaits trial for match-fixing. That would be a good one.

We might have no choice but to gamble on a Pochettino or Rodgers. Who else is coming here?

It's done now though.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the crowd get on a few players' backs against Sunderland. At the very least, you know whose name they'll be singing.

A lot of players with a lot to prove. An interesting managerial situation in the summer. Hopefully those who think this will turn around our season will be proven correct.

Jose will always be unique in our history, and hold a special place in our hearts. He gave the club a winning mentality. He won us three league titles, mostly with style (and occasionally not). He fell in love with us, and us with him. He's one of us, and one of the greatest managers of all time. His charisma, his personality, his love of our club, how he transformed the club, will go down in history. I honestly hope Roman gets a statue of him made one day - he deserves it.

I love Jose and always will. That first season he was with us, 04/05, was the most special season in our history and always will be. I will always wish him well in all he does. I will definitely miss him, and I honestly think Roman will too - I am certain he didn't want it to end this way, and never envisaged this happening. It's different to 2007, because it's about results - there's no issue between manager and owner.

We do need to remember that although Jose & Chelsea are and always will be inexorably linked - rightly so - no one is bigger than the club. The club will go on. We're rich, have great facilities, great scouting system, great academy structure, we're a real world club, and we're ambitious. We will be back at the top again, sooner rather than later. Jose isn't the only man who can do that for us.

What I want long term, is a manager who will reshape the club in a similar way to Jose did.

Jose took us from being a world class set of individuals to a team. He gave the club a winning mentality. He transformed us from a small club challenging with the big boys, to a big club worldwide. He set the standard for others to follow.

I want a manager who will build the club - not just for immediate success, but for long-term success. I honestly think if we were 6th or 7th now, Jose would still be in charge. Roman is more patient now and has a long-term view. That's why he held off from letting Jose go for so long despite relegation form, and why he let him go so reluctantly. Roman is willing to tolerate not finishing in the top 2 every season, as long as we are competing for and winning major honours regularly.

Roman is rumoured to be passionate about seeing young players brought through. So we need a manager to help us do that. He wants us to win with style. We need a manager who can do that.

We also need to let go of this fantasy of having a manager for 10 years. I thought Jose could do that, but third season syndrome seemed to kick in again. Long term now is staying at a club 4-5 years. That's stability now for clubs, and we're no different.

Let's get a manager in who can build a club, not just a team, who knows how to win, who is bold and gives chances to young players and plays good football.

The two principle candidates for our job - Pep and Simeone - have actually both done this, especially Pep at Barca. They are both top managers, proven winners, who could win trophies here, and will do whatever it takes to succeed.

I saw in the papers Thursday rumours that a deal for Pep to come here is 90% done - I hope that's true. He'd revolutionise this club like no one since Jose - and for the better. He's done it at both clubs he's been at. He could do it here. He's world class and has proved it. And if it's Simeone, he'd do an excellent job here too. He'd blood home grown players if they were good enough, and would give us more of the pressing game Klopp plays too. Both would be great choices.

Jose won't ever be forgotten. But in some ways, it's now good we can sit back and be thankful for Jose Mourinho, and allow the bad times to fade away, and keep all the good memories he brought us, and remember how lucky we were to have him - whilst the club itself moves onward and upward. He's also never coming back, so there'll be no wondering if he will.

Jose's a club legend and always will be. His time here has gone, but it won't be forgotten - and he'll always be the Special One.

Edited by James Prescott

I'm not sure if you disagree with my points or not? Think I was reasonably collected and presented my thoughts in a calm manner.

It's not so much that he doesn't want what's best for the club, the trick is whether he knows what's best for the club. Clear cut answer on that one for me.

Strange isn't it? If it wasn't for Roman, Jose would never even have considered Chelsea as an option.

Without Roman, we might have done a Leeds.

I'd take the so-called mess we are in now, and all the success we have had in the last 11 years, over that any day. You really do sound like an ungrateful spoilt child and supporter of Jose FC, not Chelsea.

No long term goals? Really? We have young players bursting for a chance, we're winning every major youth competition in sight and have done for years, have world class training facilities, we're investing (well Roman is investing his own money privately) in a brand new massive stadium, and have one of the best scouting systems in world football. All since Roman came, and part of his long-term vision for this club, and all down to his investment. Please don't dare hammer Roman. Honestly, he's done as much for this club as Jose has - and without him, Jose wouldn't ever have come to Chelsea.

In reality, no one stays at a club for 10 years anymore, anywhere. Wenger and Fergie are the exception. 3-5 years is about the norm now, and that's just football.

I'm a Chelsea fan. I want what's best for the club.

I wanted Jose to stay, but he's gone and we deal with it, and move on. The club will go on, we'll keep winning, we'll stay a top club, we may even get bigger. We will be Chelsea. And Jose will always be a massive part of our history.

To lose faith in the whole thing as you have because one manager has gone is short-sighted at best and isn't loyalty to the club, but putting one man over the club. Chelsea will go on.

Jose will do well wherever he goes. But Chelsea will do well too.

SS_89   

The two principle candidates for our job - Pep and Simeone - have actually both done this, especially Pep at Barca. They are both top managers, proven winners, who could win trophies here, and will do whatever it takes to succeed.

I saw in the papers Thursday rumours that a deal for Pep to come here is 90% done - I hope that's true. He'd revolutionise this club like no one since Jose - and for the better. He's done it at both clubs he's been at. He could do it here. He's world class and has proved it. And if it's Simeone, he'd do an excellent job here too. He'd blood home grown players if they were good enough, and would give us more of the pressing game Klopp plays too. Both would be great choices.

I'm sorry to rain on your pep parade but how has he revolutionised bayern? I'll maybe give you Barca (with the caveat that he arguably had a squad jam packed full of some of the best talent of this generation) but you're doing an incredible disservice to Jupp Heynckes who led them to the treble just before pep took over in the summer. Not a bad side to take over right? The same side that was utterly humiliated 7-1 by real in the very next champions league campaign under Pep.

I think there are some rose tinted spectacles on atm. I think there are capable managers out there but expecting anyone to come in and make the current playing squad champions again is deluded. I don't expect wholesale net investment as we haven't done it in a long time. I expect the same low net spend policy that we've been doing which is unlikely to afford any manager the ability to mold the squad in their image. That means they're going to have to give managers at least two seasons to get the squad in a shape that is able to challenge for titles...is that something the clubs top brass are willing to do? If not then they're going to have to change their philosophy on transfers and get the chequebook out as it's going to be expensive to overhaul the squad.

Edited by SS_89

GURJ SS   

Having had the time to calm down all I really feel now is a sense of indifference. For each passing season under Roman I find myself caring less and less about our fortunes. Hiring Rafa was the final slap in the face for me, sacking José now just goes to show what we all really should be knowing by now. The man upstairs really hasn't got a clue of what he is doing.

I have come to terms with the fact that Roman has done a lot for us over the years but in essence, he is a pretty lousy owner with no long-term plan or strategy for the club. Chaos-theory seems to be his natural state of mind. That means that we are no further than where we were back on 2007 - the difference is that José came back and won us another league title we really had no business winning. This squad is weak, absolutely gutless and basically a bunch of cowards completely devoid of any leadership. Worst of all, its assembled by a man who is nowhere near of José when it comes to knowledge about football.

Selling Cech above José's head and not backing him in the window probably sealed it. This squad never had the mental toughness to be a Mourinho side. For that you need to be able and willing to work hard every day, be incredibly strong mentally and a real professional. Not many current players who match that description apart from Azpilicueta, JT, Willian, Matic and Ramires. Sadly one of them is finished, another a massive slump of form, a third well below his usual standards and a fourth chronically unfit these days. Only Willian looks a better player this season compared to last.

I'm not gutted for Mourinho. He knows the fans supports him and will always be thankful for what he's done. He's massively responsible for the successful period that culminated with the 2012 CL win. Hell be fine, finding a new club will be easy for him. I just hope its not Man C or Man U, that would really be seriously bad news for us.

This new Chelsea was never constructed in his vein and I suppose it was inevitable it would end this way - with a weak owner, clueless board and a Technical Director more interested in buying lottery tickets with lousy odds than first team players it was always going to happen sooner or later. Emenalo spent £20m+ last summer on players that wasn't ready to be first team players instead of strengthening the squad.

Not the first time Roman and the board has failed to back a title winning manager the subsequent season. José in 2006-07, Carlo in 2010-11 and now José again in 2014-15. Each time with the same result. Basically showing that these guys have no ****ing clue what it is all about. At a time when every club in the league spent money to strengthen we bought ****, didn't strengthen a squad that was screaming out for more first team players and better ones at that with gaping holes everywhere in the squad and the only man who actually knows anything about football gets the chop. Sums up how our club is managed perfectly for me. The one time Roman did back a title winning manager? 2005-06. The results speak for themselves.

Mismanaged for well over a decade now and the titles weve won is still a long way from what we should have been winning with the money we spent. Only manager since Roman took over who could match the spending with results was José and we fired him twice it surely is looking bleak for us from her on in. I sincerely think this squad can be relegated. It obviously depends on whos coming in, but it sure as hell needs to be a strong fella who isn't afraid to ruffle these pretty boys up a bit. You know, a Fergie slap around is what these bunch of cnuts are in dire need of.

Whatever happens next is uninteresting for me. Whatever manager we hire now will be replaced in May/June and that guy is lucky if he still finds himself in the dugout by December 2018. And so it will continue until Roman grows old, sells the club or suffers other ill fate. Itll be more of the same and I think this pretty much has cemented what sort of club we will be the academy should be closed down or at least be kept to a minimum investment. No sane manager will ever take a gamble on playing the youth. The upside is basically non-existent.

God luck José. I'm sure youll land on your feet and continue doing what you've done for well over a decade now.

Great post, pretty much the same as what I think.

Laughable at the fans moaning about Jose's attitude and constant moaning at refs, media etc when they were complaining that managers we had before such as Ancelotti, Benitez never had the balls to do it.

We haven't just sacked a manager here, we've sacked an icon of Chelsea Football Club. I've seen people on Twitter, and I'm sure they are here, that claim that people upset are only Jose fans and not Chelsea fans. I don't understand how you can't associate one without the other. The man who led us to 3 PL Titles, multiple cup competitions, competitive in the CL (until last season), built a winning squad that eventually brought us the CL etc I could go on but you get the point. He put the club on the map and one, ONE, bad season and the board have sacked him. I'm absolutely disgusted with the players and if players like Hazard, Fabregas, Matic, Oscar, Costa are sold in the summer I won't miss them one bit. Gave up on their manager, couldn't be bothered to come over to the fans and Hazard quite clearly couldn't wait to get off the pitch on Monday night.

JT, Lamps, Drogba, all legends and I would put Jose right up there in terms of stature at the club. He's led us to so many great moments and stood up for us when no-one else would, and the club can't even refer to his name during an interview on their own channel, "the individual". Sickening, saddened and downright disgusted today. Absolutely disillusioned with football right now. I'll leave you with these:

What pisses me off; Jose made mistakes. Jose made errors of judgement. Jose made out-right ****-ups. But did you ever get a sense that he wasn't doing his best? Did you ever get a sense that he didn't care about the results or the club?
I never felt that of him, and I'm not sure I can say that about too many others. And he carried the can.
We didn't just sack any manager. We sacked "The Manager". "The Special One". Our greatest ever manager. The guy we claimed was coming back to build a dynasty. The guy we claimed would be given time. The guy who won the league 7 months ago. The guy who signed a 4 year contract 4 months ago.
The message is simple from here on; succeed or you're gone. Maybe not a bad message. Do it. Do it now. Or else.
It puts us right up there with the highest pressure jobs in world football. The media sure love that. It is likely to promote short-termism over long-term planning. But we've obviously fine with that.
You could even look at it that it's not getting much worse this season. We're not going down. No-one is going to come in and rescue our season. Why bother sacking him? It's more like a punishment for under-performing than anything else. Frankly, you could possibly make an argument that even coming off a nightmare season, he'd be as well equipped to get us back in the top 4 as anyone else we could realistically get.
I don't think many top managers will be wanting to come to a club without CL football next season. Don't know many who'd be willing to risk their reputation on a team as mentally weak as this one. Add in a trigger happy chairman and, honestly, who's coming here?
Pep? LOL. He isn't looking for a challenge. He wants to go the best squad, loadsamoney route. Simeone leaving Athletico for this nightmare? Good luck. Conte; sure I'd love to see what the English media would do with a guy who has been done for match-fixing and awaits trial for match-fixing. That would be a good one.
We might have no choice but to gamble on a Pochettino or Rodgers. Who else is coming here?
It's done now though.
Wouldn't be surprised to see the crowd get on a few players' backs against Sunderland. At the very least, you know whose name they'll be singing.
A lot of players with a lot to prove. An interesting managerial situation in the summer. Hopefully those who think this will turn around our season will be proven correct.

My sentiments exactly. For all the faults he may have had, you cannot say Jose did not love Chelsea...

chara   

Jose loved Chelsea and we loved him but the relationship reminded me of a love story that goes off the track and despite the feelings of both parties the magic has faded and it is lost for good. Always sad..

Someone once told me that in a relationship when the bad out ways the good its time to move on. Hard advice but true.

It is not you Matt I am picking up here, just the idea.

The sport I used to do seriously was rowing. At it's most fun it is a tremendous team game with a great spirit. Racing side by side with a similarly matched crew is massively demanding physically and requires both a great effort but also massive concentration on technique. One out of eight starts to flag and the whole crew feels it. Catch a crab once (get your oar caught in the water at the end of a stroke) and you can slow your boat down a third of a length.

A good crew always beats a weaker crew. But put two matched crews together and anything could happen. One might go on an inspired effort, get ahead, look back on their rivals and confidently win easily. Another day, one bad stroke, the crew slips half a length behind, most of them can no longer see the other boat, and the whole thing falls apart.

Football is a lot like that - little random things make a huge difference, and having to score is a huge tactical disadvantage.

It isn't JM burning brightly and imploding - he just pushes the team to an edge where that happens.

It is that knife edge where leagues are won or lost.

In a boat that goes a length down in a head to head race, there are 2 choices. Go flat out and try to catch up and even win, but take a great risk that not everyone has the technique to go flat out, or steady down and try to lose gracefully.

I hated losing gratefully. I hated losing by less than a length. I always felt that it was better to blow up than finish 2nd in style.

That is JMs way. That is why he wins so often.

Yes.

But never longer than three years with one team and the fallout is horrendous.

It's done now though.

Fernando Torres always did his best too.

We are Chelsea fans it's not Jose FC.

People who call the board things like weak and stupid...hilarious. Do you honestly think that? These people are running one of the world's biggest football clubs and the black and white thinking is sometimes laughable.

I adored Jose but sadly it's a results business. There is blame for everyone here but remember we won stuff before and after Jose - including, if memory serves, the Double and a certain other cup; the one with the big ears.