• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Pep would, without question, be the worst possible candidate out there.

Would he even last the average 12 months here? Seriously doubt it if I'm being perfectly honest. 24 months being completely out of the question mind.

Edit: And Pelligrini would be a disaster.... 12 months max.

Pep wouldn't necessarily be my first choice, but he is without doubt Roman's, and his competence in the EPL is unproven; Pellegrini is now on record. More than any style of football, a winning one being the preference, I want to see a return for all we have invested in the academy. If we can replicate anything along the lines of 'La Masia' he'll have my support and gratitude.

I think a few will be reminding you of this if Jose turns up at Utd and it don't work out as you both expect, likewise if he goes there and does a great job then I'm sure you will both be telling us all it was the mistake you both said it would be.

I think that few will be again claiming they never said he was a bad manager, just a bit arrogant. But that despite a remarkable first 2 seasons he will inevitably have a poor 3rd season.

Isn't it odd that so few managers get to have poor 3rd seasons...

There are a few on here who rubbish JM at every opportunity and there are more than a few who raise questions about parts of his management. Trouble is, I don't think you distinguish very well between the two camps and decide to take this defensive approach of him straight away.

NO.

There are a few on here that predicted his demise from the start and then, after JM outlasted all our other post RA managers except JM mk I they declared victory.

Anyone who said that AVB was going to go soon, or Scolari, (or even those who insisted Grant was a temp, not a long term appointment) - they can brag a bit. But predicting JM2 would come second in post RA longevity to JM1 is nothing to brag about.

That Queen Elizabeth won't last much longer, I've been telling people since 1955.

Then there are the people who reckon they can pinpoint the tiny faults in JM, but can't be accused of being anti JM. It's a bit like criticising a golfer for scoring 65 because he three putted on the fourth.

"JM's treatment of Eva proves how arrogant he is - but no one has the right to call me anti-JM"

"Don't get me wrong, I love JM, but he has always been a short term manager"

"JM is all very well, but when is he going to play the kids"

"We all love Queen Elizabeth, but why does she have to have the posh voice?"

"I can bitch as much as I like about JM, even if it is a load of bollox, but no one can challenge my opinion"

There is nothing wrong with raising questions about parts of JMs management if the point is to refine it.

But 95% of what we have seen recently is unmitigated bollox. And almost all of it has been used as an excuse to remove a manager who has been mostly excellent.

And totally pointless bollox too. Whereas pointing to the results would have been so much simpler and entirely justified.

Pep would, without question, be the worst possible candidate out there.

I understand you have your opinion, but I think you might just be overstating it somewhat!

I'm a bit undecided, and that's dangerous, as I think the other candidates are meh also.

So, why do you think he would be such a disaster? He wouldnt come here and go all tippy tappy with us - that would be stupid.

He would have to re-think his idea of how football works based on the PL, that is a given.

He would at least attract almost whoever we need. Whether he sticks around after is actually neither here nor there...

kev61   

It really isn't.

The difference between SAF and JM is that JM can play 10 different types of football and still win. Look at his second season at Real, his first and second at Chelsea, his second at Porto, his second at Inter or his first and second seasons in his second stint here.

People are not understanding his genius. That's understandable because most people have no clue.

With respect Dave you don't half talk shite.compare fergie to mourhino?.Fergie's teams played good football and won trophies in the long term.mourhino's teams play shite and win trophies in the short term,do you not see it?.Is that a coincidence?.

Dave your a good lad,open your mind and see what's in front of your nose.my prediction? This time next year guus will be in charge.he has a common sense approach to fooball and treats players accordingly.

kev61   

I'm at a bit of a loss on the hostility to be honest. I'll gracefully bow out now and let you have it.

That's what he does.thinks he graces the forum,but in reality thinks his education demands attention.

The reality is he waffles and has a tenuous grasp of the reality of football.

Vinod   

If Mourinho goes to Man Utd, they will win a lot more than us; not because its a combination made in heaven, but because of the state we have been left in - woefully out of form and bereft of confidence.

Edited by Vinod

I understand you have your opinion, but I think you might just be overstating it somewhat!

I'm a bit undecided, and that's dangerous, as I think the other candidates are meh also.

So, why do you think he would be such a disaster? He wouldnt come here and go all tippy tappy with us - that would be stupid.

He would have to re-think his idea of how football works based on the PL, that is a given.

He would at least attract almost whoever we need. Whether he sticks around after is actually neither here nor there...

He'd come on massive money on a long-term contract. He can play one style of football and although fans often say managers lack a plan B, if there was ever a manager lacking a plan B it's Guardiola.

Let him go to City. Please.

Zoowraa   

He'd come on massive money on a long-term contract. He can play one style of football and although fans often say managers lack a plan B, if there was ever a manager lacking a plan B it's Guardiola.

He has not been put in many situations where he has had to change and require a different style of football. He has had two massive jobs only and at two clubs with some of the best footballers around, so he has not really needed to change his style or philosophy because he has had the players who can match it.

He would most definitely need to refine it here in its early days, but with the introduction of new players over time he can create that style here.

I agree in respect that I don't think Pep would come into Chelsea and provide a quick fix. If we could manage to appoint him, he would need at least 12 months to get the players in who can adapt to his style of play and have the legs and ability required to produce it.

Quite a few in the game talk about him as some sort of genius, if there is anything in this at all, then he is surely going to realise he needs some flexibility to get to the end goal.

BlueFizz   

Sorry to interrupt bants about Jose to United, but I want to ask if there's going to be a 'how will Hiddink change things' thread, or something similar.

I'm interested in learning what we all think he'll do differently (or the same) while he's here - but there seems no natural home for this debate.

He won everything there was to win in La Liga and the same with Bundesliga if am not mistaken. So he can't be too bad. Worst than a few better than most I suppose. Definitely unidimensional teams but then he only had two teams so far with similar personnel. Maybe he also learned a few things along the way, and has grown. Worth a gamble? I don't know, surely worth a closer look and an interview.

I am more interested in Who at Our Club now decides who the Manager should be? Is there anybody qualified enough? I don't think. We have a board barely qualified to buy a decent player, to chose a decent manager...pshaw. We don't have a dependable scouting network in place anymore and our DoF is notorious sycophant, nothing else*. So who makes the decision; I know Roman.

Which is why we would keep going for the "Knowns" and Experienced and Popular choices. The lesser knowns or Gambles are Not for us because frankly we Have Nobody to Judge or Observe the Finer Qualities required to be a good Manager. It is the unfortunate condition of being a big club (Actually Just Chelsea or Man United in PL the rest are exempt), you can't afford to experiment too many times; some degree of success is required. This is why their is No Fateh Terim or Jose Pekerman or some other lesser known chap for us.

the people who are hiring:

Bruce Buck, Marina Granovskaia, Eugene Tenenbaum AND Michael Emenalo....A Lawyer, An Accountant, A Businessman and Technical Director of questionable ability are going to decide on our Manager; One decision Maker Roman. Does it make sense? I don't care what other clubs do or how they hire, but this makes little sense.

*I am aware of academy and the players he acquired for us, please don't labour this point. The players that the World renowned FA acquired for us are also paying their dividends.