• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Vinod   

He has not been put in many situations where he has had to change and require a different style of football. He has had two massive jobs only and at two clubs with some of the best footballers around, so he has not really needed to change his style or philosophy because he has had the players who can match it.

He would most definitely need to refine it here in its early days, but with the introduction of new players over time he can create that style here.

I agree in respect that I don't think Pep would come into Chelsea and provide a quick fix. If we could manage to appoint him, he would need at least 12 months to get the players in who can adapt to his style of play and have the legs and ability required to produce it.

Quite a few in the game talk about him as some sort of genius, if there is anything in this at all, then he is surely going to realise he needs some flexibility to get to the end goal.

Pep reads the game a lot better than people give him credit for. He is also more flexible with tactics than one would think. He went Stoke against us in the dying minutes of the Super Cup.

Having said that, he is probably the worst choice for us. Complete gamble. The only thing going for him is that we have a good number of young players who would suit his style. If the Colketts, Bakers and RLCs can step up, Pep can do wonders.

But he will go to Man City.

This is a turning point in Pep's career for sure.

You've only got to look at this forum and any other Chelsea related pages to know a lot are unconvinced by him. For people to be questioning him after all his success must tell you something.

I think some of that is because we all assume he's going to City and perhaps can't bring ourselves to admit what they might be getting. Some of it is because he has been handed all of his success on a plate ,some of it if your like me is because of a massive hatred towards him and his former club, some of it is almost certainly justified some of it definitely not.

He as almost certainly got the choice of the top 3, possibly 4 ,as a lot of arsenal fans seem convinced Wenger will step down for him at the end of the season, clubs in England.

United is a massive club, the biggest in the country and one of the biggest in the world, in need of major work. A challenge for sure but one that should be very appealing and extremely rewarding for the right manager. Get it right there and they will soon be competing for the champions league again.

We are also a massive club,in a much more appealing part of the country, far bigger than City and have recent European success to our name, we also are in need of some major work bith on and off the pitch. We have lots of money, some seriously talented players, a new stadium being built and the fact that Jose has 'failed' so badly this year must entice someone like Pep to try and show what can be done, how football 'should' be played. Much Luke United, a big club in need of work where the challenge and rewards are massive.

Or he could take the easy way yet again and have instant success handed to him on a platter and all the money in the world to earn and spend on new players.

Any serious manager would pick United or Chelsea above City, any real manager would see the challenges but also the rewards that are there. Any manager wanting to genuinely become a great would not constantly take the easy route, at some point he has to prove himself beyond having the best team in Europe given to you and beating everyone in front of you without having to actually manage them.

Edited by Hazardous

^ Good analysis of how I feel about Pep. I think he's going to Citeh: if he looks at us, he must be thinking, "What a farcically run club" (or words to that effect, and in Spanish).

Ferguson played a high-energy, long-ball 4-4-2 for years, then morphed his team into a clone of Jose's 4-3-3. Fast, direct football with workrate was his hall-mark, rather than "pretty football".

"Good football" as it is generally meant in the football world (lots of possession, lots of tight technical play) is exactly what they are upset with now. They would love a Jose to come in and start bombing it forward with pace. LVG doesn't have a "pragmatic" approach, he has a possession based approach, and he believes that to be "good football". Definitions in this country differ, and most think fast, direct play is the most entertaining (as can be seen in your assessment of Fergie's Utd teams; we probably played "better football" than any Fergie team under Gullit and Vialli).

If he goes there, both he and they are laughing. There will be no directions from an over-eager chairman desperate to have a team playing tiki-taka. Players who don't fancy doing it every week will be seen as a problem, not catered to. There'll be no penny-pinching on transfers, and I'd bet that in two transfer windows there he'd have a higher net spend than this whole 2nd spell here (and all of it would go on first teamers, not pet projects or player stabling). I don't even think he'd get the same hard-time from the media or The FA/refs/whoever. Any "anti-Jose" sentiment would be over-ridden by the "pro-Utd" sentiment.

I honestly think that if he ends up at Utd it will show us up for how we've been running this club (which is not saying he did a perfect job here or would do a perfect job there; before the inevitable replies occur).

So Fergie morphed Man Utd into a Jose clone, fast high energy 4-3-3?...

Where did they teach you this xxxx?

Your definition of good football- neat passing, tidy football might have been valid a decade or so back, where teams routinely humped the ball to a big centre forward; no one plays that way now.

Not Stoke, not WBA, perhaps West Ham late on if looking for a goal when the ponytailed one has come on as sub.

Man Utd played long passing diagonal balls to wide men when they lined up 4-4-2, which is not the same as conventional definition of long ball football.

Spectators enjoy watching fast, fluid football, where risks are sometimes taken- the polar opposite of the last year under JM which bored the bollox off all and sundry.

Fans know good football when they see it; therefore there's no need for your patronising, factually incorrect, mumbo jumbo

Edited by Skinny Legs

jones   

Interesting point on Arsenal. Wenger should fancy his chances of winning the league when all the other top clubs fail to fire. And if he does, he would be a fool not to step down. He is a master in failure, and it will take him 20 years until he can reach the high of winning one of the two major titles again. So, assuming Leicester don't pull off the biggest trick in the history of world football, Arsenal may be searching for a manager at season's end too.

Arsenal's challenge, of course, is that they will struggle to really be effective in the recruitment process as long as Wenger is 100% committed.

City have the money and hence the easiest place to go to,

while the bar at Man United currently is so low that it is impossible to fail.

At Chelsea, the next will always be the one after Mourinho.

I think Guardiola will be everyone's first choice. And he will go to either City or United, where there is least pressure and most money.

Mourinho I think is not interested in Arsenal or City. So if Guardiola takes United, Mourinho will go abroad.

Simeone or Conte seem to me like Chelsea managers. And I rather them than Guardiola. Although the man I really want is SFL. But I guess that is unlikely.

Simeone or Conte seem to me like Chelsea managers. And I rather them than Guardiola. Although the man I really want is SFL. But I guess that is unlikely.

I stated before Jose got sacked that the only man I would be 'happy' with is Frank Lampard and got knocked for suggesting it.

There is a good argument if Hiddink does well to give him an extra year or two and bring in Lampard to work and learn alongside him, take control of the youth team, and eventually step up.

That is of course assuming he wants to stay in the game.

As there are not that many genuine candidates about, I've made it clear I'd have Simeone above anyone else getting mentioned, this idea is not that far fetched and at the very least would get Chelsea fans back on side and everyone would get behind him and want him to succeed.

Edited by Hazardous

People can try to cleverly put their thoughts on what and how United played but what I would say is reagardless of your superior managaerial, tactical, footballing knowledge they were brilliant to watch and I believe they epitomized everything that was good during the premier leagues most successful period.

Nothing like any Jose team I've ever seen.

Vinod   

People can try to cleverly put their thoughts on what and how United played but what I would say is reagardless of your superior managaerial, tactical, footballing knowledge they were brilliant to watch

Thats because Ferguson moulded his system to his players. If a particular player was needed, he went and bought his man. The less talented players kept things simple but when they had the ball they passed it instinctively. It was all clockwork. Excellent drilling in the training ground.

Zoowraa   

People can try to cleverly put their thoughts on what and how United played but what I would say is reagardless of your superior managaerial, tactical, footballing knowledge they were brilliant to watch and I believe they epitomized everything that was good during the premier leagues most successful period.

Yep. That was pretty much my original point.

I completely agree