• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Gadget   

Simeone been talked about since his rise at Atletico and agree he fits the 'Chelsea manager' but how long until we (and Roman) get bored of playing defensive? Reading about A.Madrids style which apparently is defend the first half out before trying to nick a goal or two in the second. Could be wrong as don't watch them too much but that's the assumption I got after the Malaga defeat with the sending off in the second messing that game plan.

Would be nice to do what Atletico/Barca do and have a Chelsea boy come through as the manager and be successful rather than spend big on someones that done it elsewhere. JFH done since turning manager. Get Guus and butch in as experience heads for assistants

Personally, I could never really understand the Anti-Utd sentiment , they were so much better than anyone else and a joy to watch.

Back to Pellegrini, second half of last night's game it looked for all the world that his instructions to the side was to kick Arsenal as hard and as often as possible and to dive whenever they got anywhere near the penalty area.

That'd go down brilliantly with the media if that was us.

Chel_don   

Pep is a HUGE risk especially with the money we are going to throw at him, not only that but the budget we are going to give him. People say he is a world class manager but for me he is not proven in the PL. He has had the 2 best teams in the league's he has been at. He only knows one style and if that doesnt work then he is ****ed. People saying he is the best option for us dont understand our current situation. Pep's team rely heavily on passing. Something that we are not strong in. It is just a complete mismatch. The only team that would suit his play is Arsenal. Roman just probably thinks cause of the things he achieved in Barca must make him the best coach in the world. His away record with Barca in the CL was quite poor especally in knockout stages. They relied heavily on their home form. Defensively his teams are quite poor. Only time will tell but I think he is a complete mismatch for us. SImeone would be a better option but Roman probably doesnt like his style of football even though its very effective. I have way more trust in Simeone than Guardiola.

Thought Thierry Henry was interesting speaking about how Gaurdiola sets his sides up last night.

The thought of Ivanovic , Hazard, Willian , Costa etc "sticking" to their position is an amusing one, coupled with the thoughts of Ramires letting the ball do the work whilst picking out Hazard or Willian with his passing , which had me rofl.

People who say Pep's got no PL experience make me laugh. If people remember, in 2004 a certain Portugese manager had no PL experience before coming to Chelsea. (Indeed, he got the same criticism from some on this forum, if I remember, before he even began). A certain Italian manager who won the double had no PL experience.

Having read a few books/articles about Pep, he's a very, very intelligent guy. Before he goes anywhere or does anything, he does his research. He prepares well in advance. Insiders at both Bayern and Barca say he's changed how they look at football, and think he's a genius. He'll have done plenty of research on English football before deciding to come here.

For me, I agree with some posters in that this is a key moment for him. If Pep wants easy street, go to City. If he wants a challenge, come to Chelsea.

You see, actually, I think Chelsea is a bigger opportunity. He can really stamp his authority on the club in a way he couldn't do at City. We're in a place where someone can come in, clear out the dead wood, rebuild the squad and even reshape the whole football philosophy at the club. We have an academy bristling with potential. And in the first season the lack of CL football may actually be helpful, to allow us to focus on building the new team.

Whatever Pep chooses to do - and the fact Roman is pushing so hard for this suggests he's not completely made his mind up yet - will tell us a lot about him.

Pep would revolutionise this club in a way no one has since Jose in 2004. He'd develop our style of play and football philosophy, he'd give young players a chance and lay foundations for others to build on (which is always his goal). We criticise Wenger (rightly very often), but you have to remember before him, Arsenal were known as the great pragmatists, playing boring, defensive football. Kind of like we have been often in the last 10 years. Wenger transformed the image of the club. Pep can do that with us - the difference being Pep is a true great of management, and will have a massive budget here.

It likely won't happen, but that's why I want Pep here. He'd only stay 3-4 years but he would have a massive long-term impact for me.

Chelsea proved to me this year that they aren't about knee-jerk reactions. They gave Jose five months to turn around our bad form. Most managers would only get 5 weeks in the past under Roman. And according to most reports Roman didn't even want to sack Jose, and only did when he felt he had no choice.

Pep would be able to get away with not winning everything every year, as long as we made top four. Certainly in his first season. And Pep has never caused dressing room disruption in the same way Jose seems to eventually, so that probably wouldn't be an issue either. He'd last at least 3 years here IMO. Roman wouldn't sack him rashly having spent so much to get him, and having invested so much money in rebuilding the squad, as reports suggest he would do - he wants him even more than he wanted Jose and he stuck by Jose for five months during our worst run of form for 30 years. I think Pep would get the same support.

It won't happen, he'll go to City. But until it's confirmed, there is always hope. Either way, Chelsea will go on.

This is a turning point in Pep's career for sure.

You've only got to look at this forum and any other Chelsea related pages to know a lot are unconvinced by him. For people to be questioning him after all his success must tell you something.

I think some of that is because we all assume he's going to City and perhaps can't bring ourselves to admit what they might be getting. Some of it is because he has been handed all of his success on a plate ,some of it if your like me is because of a massive hatred towards him and his former club, some of it is almost certainly justified some of it definitely not.

He as almost certainly got the choice of the top 3, possibly 4 ,as a lot of arsenal fans seem convinced Wenger will step down for him at the end of the season, clubs in England.

United is a massive club, the biggest in the country and one of the biggest in the world, in need of major work. A challenge for sure but one that should be very appealing and extremely rewarding for the right manager. Get it right there and they will soon be competing for the champions league again.

We are also a massive club,in a much more appealing part of the country, far bigger than City and have recent European success to our name, we also are in need of some major work bith on and off the pitch. We have lots of money, some seriously talented players, a new stadium being built and the fact that Jose has 'failed' so badly this year must entice someone like Pep to try and show what can be done, how football 'should' be played. Much Luke United, a big club in need of work where the challenge and rewards are massive.

Or he could take the easy way yet again and have instant success handed to him on a platter and all the money in the world to earn and spend on new players.

Any serious manager would pick United or Chelsea above City, any real manager would see the challenges but also the rewards that are there. Any manager wanting to genuinely become a great would not constantly take the easy route, at some point he has to prove himself beyond having the best team in Europe given to you and beating everyone in front of you without having to actually manage them.

It's easy to say, as you seem to be implying, that Pep would be "bottling it" if he goes to City because that seems to be the "easy option" of all the available clubs in England. One thing you didn't consider, though... he apparently told the Bayern hierarchy some weeks ago that he'd be leaving at the end of the season. Many months before that, he said he'd publicly announce his decision (regarding staying/leaving) at the start of the Bundesliga's winter break. It's therefore entirely possible that a "gentleman's agreement" has been in place with City long before we sacked Mourinho and the speculation regarding van Gaal started. At the time a possible decision was made, only the City job may have been potentially available.

Ruudboy   

There are, at least in my experience, few gentlemen when it comes to large sums of moolah. His intention might be Citeh, but will he get there, and at what price? I bet his agent is busy.

I stated before Jose got sacked that the only man I would be 'happy' with is Frank Lampard and got knocked for suggesting it.

There is a good argument if Hiddink does well to give him an extra year or two and bring in Lampard to work and learn alongside him, take control of the youth team, and eventually step up.

That is of course assuming he wants to stay in the game.

As there are not that many genuine candidates about, I've made it clear I'd have Simeone above anyone else getting mentioned, this idea is not that far fetched and at the very least would get Chelsea fans back on side and everyone would get behind him and want him to succeed.

I think this would be my preferred option IF Hiddink steadies the ship and moves us steadily up the table. Compared to Giggs, Lampard is a true manager in waiting. Highly intelligent and with just the right amount of gravitas. Would it be rude to say that Giggs is as thick as a piece of shite?

You wonder what Roman has got planned for Diddier though. It all looked a bit cosy up there in his box. I am less sure about his potential as a future manager but it's all speculation at this point.

For me.... Pep no, Conte no, Simeone no , Pardew no, Pelagrini no no no no. Anyone else left? Mourinho is available at the moment?

I stated before Jose got sacked that the only man I would be 'happy' with is Frank Lampard and got knocked for suggesting it.

There is a good argument if Hiddink does well to give him an extra year or two and bring in Lampard to work and learn alongside him, take control of the youth team, and eventually step up.

That is of course assuming he wants to stay in the game.

As there are not that many genuine candidates about, I've made it clear I'd have Simeone above anyone else getting mentioned, this idea is not that far fetched and at the very least would get Chelsea fans back on side and everyone would get behind him and want him to succeed.

I think Lamps would make an excellent manager. He's a highly intelligent guy who knows his football, is a natural leader and loves Chelsea. Apparently he's done his coaching badges too (along with JT and Cole). Much like Barca did with Pep, you could put him in charge of the reserve team for a year or two to him some experience managing, then bring him into the first team coaching staff to work alongside our manager at the time, and then promote him when that manager leaves.

It's often been rumoured that Roman wants to bring old players back as coaches, ambassadors etc. It looks like he's already beginning this with Drogba potentially coming onto the coaching staff. Once Lamps has retired I'm sure he'll be brought back - Jose said that the club have basically given him carte blanche to choose any role at the club once he retires. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Roman saw him or Drogba or even JT - or all of them - as potential future managers.

Lamps is the standout for me though - he's one of the smartest footballers out there, he's a leader, and coaching runs in his family too. He actually reminds me of Pep at Barca. Both midfielders, leaders, and highly intelligent guys.

I'd be right behind making Lamps manager, once he's got a bit of coaching experience (either with reserves or as an assistant here), and provided he had an experienced assistant working with him.

As suggested above, if Chelsea chose to have Hiddink as manager for a couple of years, with Lamps and Drogba working with him as assistants being groomed to take over, I'd definitely be in favour (provided Hiddink does a decent job this season). Hiddink could then move upstairs to a 'director of football' role overseeing the younger manager and providing advice when necessary.

Edited by James Prescott

It's easy to say, as you seem to be implying, that Pep would be "bottling it" if he goes to City because that seems to be the "easy option" of all the available clubs in England. One thing you didn't consider, though... he apparently told the Bayern hierarchy some weeks ago that he'd be leaving at the end of the season. Many months before that, he said he'd publicly announce his decision (regarding staying/leaving) at the start of the Bundesliga's winter break. It's therefore entirely possible that a "gentleman's agreement" has been in place with City long before we sacked Mourinho and the speculation regarding van Gaal started. At the time a possible decision was made, only the City job may have been potentially available.

Unless of course there was a gentleman's agreement that he'd be joining Chelsea and Mourinho got wind of it , hence the shitstorm we find ourselves in?