• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

OK. So late 2000s?

It should be pointed out that the "football" team from that period were Arsenal. Us and Utd were the direct "functional" teams. And everyone in Europe was not looking at our style of football with envy, but in fact the other way round.

Mid to late 2000's yes.

I enjoyed watching them and always preferred their style to Arsenal's.

Much like I prefer watching Real Madrid to Barcelona.

What ever anyone else in Europe was looking at or not, me personally I'd rather watch I enjoy and not what other people perceive to be good to watch.

cam4blue   

Mid to late 2000's yes.

I enjoyed watching them and always preferred their style to Arsenal's.

Much like I prefer watching Real Madrid to Barcelona.

What ever anyone else in Europe was looking at or not, me personally I'd rather watch I enjoy and not what other people perceive to be good to watch.

Right, so, what I said in my original post then?

Ferguson played a high-energy, long-ball 4-4-2 for years, then morphed his team into a clone of Jose's 4-3-3. Fast, direct football with workrate was his hall-mark, rather than "pretty football".

"Good football" as it is generally meant in the football world (lots of possession, lots of tight technical play) is exactly what they are upset with now. They would love a Jose to come in and start bombing it forward with pace. LVG doesn't have a "pragmatic" approach, he has a possession based approach, and he believes that to be "good football". Definitions in this country differ, and most think fast, direct play is the most entertaining (as can be seen in your assessment of Fergie's Utd teams; we probably played "better football" than any Fergie team under Gullit and Vialli).

Well according to some high placed sources (it says on my phone) "The Individual" Emanalo has recommended Pelagrini to Roman and contact has been made about a pre contract. Mr Hiddink wants no longer than 5 months apparently . What is wrong with that mans staying power?? Two years would do us Gus! For pities sake don't leave us with Widow Twanky.

He's 69 now and been a manager for nearly 30 years... probably thinking it's time to put his feet up. While he no doubt thinks he can get us mid-table or better by the end of the season, there's just too much work to be done at Chelsea over the next few years and that's a job for a younger man.

kratos   

I loved Jose as much as love my club but the situation had become too serious.

Jose had 5 months to halt this decline and I am afraid he failed to do so.I think Roman had been very generous to that extent.

The players are the ones who take to the field but both parties need to be on the same page and clearly this was not the case.

9 nine games lost and we are not even half way through the season, any manager who had worked here would have gone by the time the loss count had hit 4 or 5 at this stage.

Once again love Mourinho for everything that he has done for us but the state of my club is my first priority and nothing will change that.

Edited by kratos

Sky Bet have suspended betting on LVG to be sacked. Henry Winter on BBC radio apparently saying he's been sacked at a meeting today.

I've got a bad feeling Jose may well be in charge there when we play them. Although many reports are saying Giggs will take over, at least on an interim basis.

It may be that they let Giggs handle the next two fixtures before confirming Jose. Let's hope so.

If is in charge then, and they beat us, it won't mean it was the wrong decision to let him Jose go at all. Of course followers of Jose FC will say if they beat us it proves we shouldn't have sacked him, which is utter bollocks I'm afraid. To be honest, with their squad, in their form, with their low confidence, and Hiddink in charge here, I fancy us to get a least a point even if Jose is manager.

But it would be very ironic, if he were to be their manager when we play them at OT.

Edited by James Prescott

cam4blue   

followers of Jose FC

Your sanctimony would be easier to take if you weren't such an obvious plastic, only having an opinion on transfer windows and managerial changes.

If is in charge then, and they beat us, it won't mean it was the wrong decision to let him Jose go at all.

Yes, except that it was.

Your sanctimony would be easier to take if you weren't such an obvious plastic, only having an opinion on transfer windows and managerial changes.

Mate, sorry to step on your moment, but I've been a Chelsea fan for over 30 years. Went to my first game in 1983 aged 6. (0-0 v Everton at home as I remember). My Dad is a Chelsea fan and has been since early 50's. Chelsea is our family club. Seen us relegated and promoted and fight relegation over the years.

I'm about as far from a plastic fan as you can get. Sorry to disappoint you.

He can't go to Man U. Surely.

Outstanding pedigree for sure-, but based on the last 5 months he's the football equivalent of an MOT failure.

Ps If he was a moody git down here, can you imagine what he's gonna be like up there?

Opens his curtains in the morning- peeing down...

Bit of culture during his down time- Coranation Street studio tour or....the Coronation Street studio tour.....Absolutely zippo else to do.

God help them