• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Cam4blue- are you a teacher at all?

You seem do deal with legitimate viewpoints as if they are homework assignment, awaiting correction by teach. All that's missing in the red ink

Stim   

The "egotist" Mourinho would not purposefully fall short of a title win that would show up benitez just to win it the next year for it to be done with his own tweaks. It would have been far more impressive if he won it the first year back with the squad that barely challenged the year before without tinkering.

It seems Mourinho fan boys are already positioning themselves in such a way that they and their man can't lose.

Kinda like how you were wrong for 2 years but the last 6 months means you were right all along! He was **** the whole time

Blue Rod   

The "egotist" Mourinho would not purposefully fall short of a title win that would show up benitez just to win it the next year for it to be done with his own tweaks. It would have been far more impressive if he won it the first year back with the squad that barely challenged the year before without tinkering.

Kinda like how you were wrong for 2 years but the last 6 months means you were right all along! He was **** the whole time

You are wrong again. I predicted everything from the moment he was appointed. I predicted that he will win something. But I also predicted that he will start trouble with everyone, blame everyone but himself, and performance will start to suffer. I predicted he will be gone after 2 seasons. Got it?

To all those damning Roman and Emanalo for failures to invest sufficiently in title winning squads the next season, I just ask:

When we got it right - signing Costa, Fab and Courtois early pre-season - was this all someone else's work?

When we bid several times for Stones - but Everton wouldn't sign - was it Roman and Emanalo's fault?

I don't support them unconditionally or argue they always get it right - but, I do think you mistake a failure to secure players you want (eg Stones, Pogba) for a failure to support the coach. Not getting your targets isn't the same as not supporting the coach.

I also read (Telegraph I think) that it was Jose who insisted on Stones and waited too long to nominate sensible alternatives.

Of course this is just a press story - but then I assume that your view that we failed to back Jose is also from the same source - the press. Unless you have primary sources.

I agree that we didn't strengthen sufficiently - but don't conclude that this means we didn't try to.

First I think we need to understand the player requisition system practiced at club; The manager tells the Board the Kind of player he needs in details; the Board ( The great Emanelo ) comes up with possible targets; the coach has a look and makes a pecking order; and then the Board does their calculations and Makes the offers etc. IIRC. All in all people consider the Manager to have a lot of say in the matter. I don't. Anyhow JM didn't which rightly pissed him off

Roman is a different issue. Staying with the Stones issue and the board; Yes it the Board's fault for firstly targeting and not taking the hint that this Player is Not for Sale, and then acquiring back up who it seems is way out of his depth. So who should one blame? not the first time this has happened either. Pedro is another panic buy wtf half decent half the time, it honestly looks like a millionaire with a recent interest in Football is out buying players simply by looking at the Resume. Falcao another, Hazard is good so his brother may also be good. I don't know.

You mention Courtois and actually he was bought in 2011 under AVB when Emanelo was a newly promoted head scout iirc.

Edited by earthshine

You are wrong again. I predicted everything from the moment he was appointed. I predicted that he will win something. But I also predicted that he will start trouble with everyone, blame everyone but himself, and performance will start to suffer. I predicted he will be gone after 2 seasons. Got it?

Oh we get it pal.

You predicted he would "win something" in two years. What was that something? A game of cards on the team bus, an egg and spoon race? He won our Prem back mate. Do you get that? Is that what you predicted with 'pinpoint accuracy' but would have turned down? You know the Prem, it's what Wenger has been trying and failing to win for 10 years. What Man United are now failing to do every year and why they will hire Mourinho. What Liverpool haven't won since the Jurassic period. He did it whilst balancing the books and playing by the FFP rules, unlike the United and City who have just stuck two fingers up and gone spend crazy. Not only that, he came close to winning it the first season back!

If someone had "predicted" to me that he would last 2 years and 5 months but on one of those seasons he would win the Prem and a 'double', I'd have snapped their hand off. I wouldn't have been too happy knowing that we would sack him a few months after winning that double and that we have no clear candidate ready to take his place or that he would be snapped up by one of our main rivals.

You clearly have finely tuned football senses that predict things with incredible pinpoint accuracy. Perhaps next time you can put a bit more flesh on the bones for us and we could have adjusted his salary suitably upwards.

Ham   

Oh we get it pal.

You predicted he would "win something" in two years. What was that something? A game of cards on the team bus, an egg and spoon race? He won our Prem back mate. Do you get that? Is that what you predicted with 'pinpoint accuracy' but would have turned down? You know the Prem, it's what Wenger has been trying and failing to win for 10 years. What Man United are now failing to do every year and why they will hire Mourinho. What Liverpool haven't won since the Jurassic period. He did it whilst balancing the books and playing by the FFP rules, unlike the United and City who have just stuck two fingers up and gone spend crazy. Not only that, he came close to winning it the first season back!

If someone had "predicted" to me that he would last 2 years and 5 months but on one of those seasons he would win the Prem and a 'double', I'd have snapped their hand off. I wouldn't have been too happy knowing that we would sack him a few months after winning that double and that we have no clear candidate ready to take his place or that he would be snapped up by one of our main rivals.

You clearly have finely tuned football senses that predict things with incredible pinpoint accuracy. Perhaps next time you can put a bit more flesh on the bones for us and we could have adjusted his salary suitably upwards.

Nice.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Yes it the Board's fault for firstly targeting and not taking the hint that this Player is Not for Sale.

Everton said "This Player Is Not For Sale."

"This Player Is Not For Sale" means "This Player Is Definitely For Sale, But Offer A Bit More."

"This Player Is Not For Sale At Any Price" means "This Player Is Not For Sale.

Everton and that **** Martinez could have saved themselves the mock indignation, except for the fact that Stones actually was for sale.

They wanted more than we were prepared to pay. That is all.

Ruudboy   

Bit early, NB? I normally do mine shortly before the shops shut. Much more of a challenge.

Must go, gotta stuff the turkey. Merry Christmas, everyone (except the trolls, the self-righteous and the pedants).

unless you know jose personally and he told you as such why do you think he wanted that job over us, and what makes you think he couldn't of had the job had he wanted it, he guarantees silverware if only on what appears to be a short term basis, why would man utd turn him down??

makes no sense to me at all that jose got overlooked by man utd not once but twice for inferior managers only for third time lucky to get the job (if he goes there), it just doesn't make sense at all, common sense says to me anyway if he goes there after van gaal, is that man utd tried getting him the other 2 times and he declined for one reason or another, and both parties kept it quiet that that happened to save face and not burn potential future bridges.

to be honest its just a very lazy assumption that that is the case

Just a point for the sake of accuracy...

kev61 quoted my post in his reply. You've quoted a part of kev61's reply but somehow managed to keep in some code (the date stamp bit) which also includes my name and may make it seem, to the more stupid members here, that the words you quote are mine. They are not.