• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

He also looked to lead and take responsibility to drive others forward. For me, he was an important player not just because of those qualities, but because he was also one of the few mid aged players at the time that were established. For me, he was our next captain. I know he wasn't everyones cup of tea in terms of a defender but he had his worth.

I think quite a few people forget that Luiz was actually looking to leave (I'm not suggesting he was causing problems in order to get a move, or having his agent drop hints... he was 100% professional throughout) so he wasn't the "future captain" material some imagined him to be. We did very well to get £50m for him.

Latest tweet from Stevie Wonder?

Funny enough by the the end of the day Jose Mourinho is going to be singing "signed sealed delivered I'm yours..." in the general direction of Old Trafford.

^ Luiz has since said that Mourinho asked him to stay and the club offered him a new contract, vaguely recall him saying something along the lines of wanting to try a new league (and I'm sure PSG are paying him even more handsomely than Chelsea were).

Very few of the players who have left here in recent years have had a bad word to say about the club or management. Which is exactly what the club and management need to be able to point to when trying to persuade prospective signings. I imagine it will help us a lot this summer; anyone who is iffy about joining a club who have uncharacteristically failed to qualify for the Champions League may be swayed by the expectation that, if it doesn't work out, the club will let them leave. That and a big wage, of course.

I'm just praying Michael Emanalo doesn't see the Nacer Chadli tv advert.

Or in Blue Rods case...Septic Peg......

Just spoted this Liquidator, very good. Rodney's powers are now so great that not only can he predict what will happen in the future but he is also predicting with incredible accuracy what the exact results WOULD have been if JM was still in charge. It is indeed a gift.

But I too am touched with the gift. Here are my predictions for the near and medium future. I am hoping Septic Peg will come on and give his so we can compare success rates.

We will draw with United one all today

LVG will be sacked and the Special One will arrive amongst much fan fare.

Real Madrid will be pissed that they didn't get him

It might seem odd to Septic Peg why the worlds two biggest clubs want to hire this misfit.

Chelsea will finish the season in 9th position (exactly where we would have finished if JM had stayed.)

We will hire Simeone for next season

He will not be able to utter a sentence in English for 18 months.

His first sentence will be " I want to thank everyone in Chelsea for the opportunity but I now look forward to my future elsewhere".

We will wheel out Gus from the old peoples home and make him interim manager till the end of the season.

Meanwhile United will be on there way to winning back to back titles.

Funny enough by the the end of the day Jose Mourinho is going to be singing "signed sealed delivered I'm yours..." in the general direction of Old Trafford.

SAF- Aint Gonna Stand For It

Zidane   

CXUasiaWwAA59M5.jpg

Jose scarves already being sold outside Old Trafford. Robinho shirts to arrive in 2-3 working days.

cam4blue   

Jose scarves already being sold outside Old Trafford. Robinho shirts to arrive in 2-3 working days.

LOL.

Good one.

If it happens, either us or Utd will have made a horrific mistake.

I sincerely hope it's not the one I think it is.

Having sat back and reflected, I've come to some conclusions about Jose.

First, as I've said, I love Jose Mourinho. World class manager, winner, one of us, most successful manager we have had. Made our club into winners. No doubt about it.

I thought he could do the long-term thing - I was wrong. You only have to look at his record, third season at any club (even the season after he's left when he's done two seasons at a club, see Porto and Inter). Players are tired, they are bored of his rigid, restrictive style of play. They get injured more. He pushes players so hard he wears them down, and some get disillusioned.

He's an impact manager who has an immediate, positive impact wherever he goes, wins things in his first two years. Third season they are never as strong as previous two seasons. It's the same pattern everywhere he goes, and it won't change now.

He rarely gives young players runs in the first team. He said he would give RLC a run of 5 or 6 games earlier this season, took him off 60 mins into the first game and never played him again - when he'd played well. He is supremely risk averse, which can work to a degree but the longer time goes on, the most restrictive and frustrating it gets, and the more it hinders players.

His media stuff is typical short-term relationship - starts with romance, joy, fun, and success. But when conflict comes it falls apart disasterously.

I love Jose, but this season even I got sick of his pathetic excuses every week. Apparently our 9 defeats before Christmas - the worst start since 1979 - were all down to either ref decisions, ball boys, the FA or the media, or the players. He never, ever, once took responsibility. It was always someone else's fault, and it got so bad it was ridiculous and frankly pathetic. That the refs, the FA and media conspire to not give Chelsea decisions and sabotage our season is frankly childish in it's conception.

And even if it were true, the quality of the players should have been enough to overcome that, given we were defending champions.

As for player recruitment - we tried to get Stones and Pogba but due to external circumstances (Everton's stubbornness, Pogba's refusal) we didn't get them. And the squad we have won the league last year and we've added to it. Even with no players added, we should at least be in the top four/top five - not 2 points of the relegation zone. So player recruitment is not the reason for the problems here.

The reason for the problems is the players and the manager. Pure and simple. The players didn't do their job, but neither did the manager. And to be near the relegation zone nearly 6 months into the season and still not sack the manager is a big statement of loyalty to the manager by the owner. But eventually Roman had no choice but to act. Roman was as loyal to Jose as he could be, and far more loyal to him than he has been to others in the past. 6 months of relegation form, he had to act.

Jose will go and be a success wherever he goes next. But don't bank on him lasting any more than 3 seasons, and it will get messy and negative towards the end. United fans thinking he will give them the attacking football they crave are crazy. He might give them some short-term success but eventually they'll get bored of his football style and media snipes as well. It will be the same pattern again.

Jose is a legend, but if he truly wants to prove himself over a long period at one club, he needs to learn, to evolve as a manager. To develop his methods, to improve them, to adapt them, including how he handles the media. I'm not sure whether or not he will. I could see him at United, then PSG, then Portugal - all over the next 8-10 years.

Personally, I think he looks knackered. He needs a break, to learn the lessons, to recharge and disconnect, and then come back fresh in the summer. Pep had it right to take a break, and it had a very positive impact on him. Jose needs a break, though he's not taking one. He's just not been the same this season at all.

If Jose goes to United or anywhere I would wish him well, except when playing us or competing against us. He'll always be a Chelsea legend and Chelsea through and through. But Chelsea go on.

The key now is getting the next long-term appointment right. The favoured candidates spoken about in the media are clearly Pep, Simeone, Allegri, Conte. They'd all be good choices. I wouldn't mind Pochettino either - to play the right football, to blood youngsters and build success over a longer period. I think he'd do well at a bigger club with a bigger budget and better players. Even Pelligrini would do well here, though wouldn't be my first choice.

Now finally the Jose era is history, and we can move on, build on what he achieved, and move on to more success (with maybe a different style of football, and more youngsters coming through) in the long-term. His work here will never be forgotten, and neither will he. But he's gone now, and it's time to let it go, and move on.