cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

11,943 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

You've done well to hold out for so long James.

I still love Jose, he'll always be a Chelsea legend. That doesn't change. I wanted him to be our Ferguson. And I recognise he wanted to work in England after Chelsea.

But the more I look at this, the more I begin to think he saw us as a stepping stone. I do think he has a genuine love for Chelsea. But United was the job he has always wanted. The way he's talked about the club, and Fergie, it's always been clear he wanted that job.

Imagine we'd not sacked him, finished where we did and then still not sacked him but said we'd back him with big money this summer. But the United job came up...with no obvious successor. Imagine United approached him this summer whilst still at Chelsea. What would have happened?

Other players and managers have left Chelsea and come back - I never wanted them to win or do well against us. Jose is no different.

4 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I still love Jose, he'll always be a Chelsea legend. That doesn't change. I wanted him to be our Ferguson. And I recognise he wanted to work in England after Chelsea.

But the more I look at this, the more I begin to think he saw us as a stepping stone. I do think he has a genuine love for Chelsea. But United was the job he has always wanted. The way he's talked about the club, and Fergie, it's always been clear he wanted that job.

Imagine we'd not sacked him, finished where we did and then still not sacked him but said we'd back him with big money this summer. But the United job came up...with no obvious successor. Imagine United approached him this summer whilst still at Chelsea. What would have happened?

Other players and managers have left Chelsea and come back - I never wanted them to win or do well against us. Jose is no different.

You've got to let it go James, he's manager of a rival now :)

1 minute ago, James Prescott said:

I wanted him to be our Ferguson. 

Out of interest, given the ageing team that SAF left to poor old Moyes, and the rubbish purchases that Man U subsequently made for poor LVG, is it possible that SAF might have done as badly as Moyes and LVG?  Could he have finished 7th, 4th and 6th like they did.  Or at least might he too have not been top 3 as his team always was from the start of the Prem?

And would he have been sacked?

I ask  this partly because I always argued that Man U had a huge advantage over rivals in finding the next manager because the incumbent could be in on succession.  Yet they screwed up royally.

I love Mourinho for the titles and the memories but honestly, if I now had to choose between him and Conte I'd choose Conte. Not because I necessarily think he's the better manager but there's ony so much tension I can take and Mourinho brings a LOT of it.

I'll happily let them have him for the good and the bad - we have our own stuff to worry about.

2 people like this

What I can't understand is why nobody got wind of this before tonight?

They really kept it on the low down.

SKY just wheeled out Thierry to explain that Mourinho is not a negative coach and his sides score lots of goals.

Glad we got that sorted.

33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Out of interest, given the ageing team that SAF left to poor old Moyes, and the rubbish purchases that Man U subsequently made for poor LVG, is it possible that SAF might have done as badly as Moyes and LVG?  Could he have finished 7th, 4th and 6th like they did.  

Out of interest, do you know one manager who ever signed a player, or chose one for his club to buy?

Edited by Blue Rod

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I ask  this partly because I always argued that Man U had a huge advantage over rivals in finding the next manager because the incumbent could be in on succession.  Yet they screwed up royally.

I think (or at least, Ferguson said, although I thought it before he did so ;-p) that the top targets were either unavailable or said no. They went for Moyes because of the superficial similarities to Ferguson (likes an organised defence, grafters in midfield and attacking at pace down the flanks). The job exposed him as fairly one-dimensional by comparison though. After that they went for LVG because, well, who else even remotely proven was available? Rafa maybe (although Utd, to their credit, actually care if their fans are going to boo the incumbent manager out of the stadium every game). 

And yeah, Fergie definitely left a tough task for the guys coming after him. His last title was a stunning piece of over-achievement; a last hurrah not just for him, but for half their best players. Sort of like 2012 was for us in a way. 

Good to see the enemy of football being treated completely different and is now the savior of the medias fav team, his teams are going to be given an easy ride now from the media,sky and the refs..

plenty of decisions and penalties going their way..long live the king

judus

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

What I can't understand is why nobody got wind of this before tonight?

They really kept it on the low down.

SKY just wheeled out Thierry to explain that Mourinho is not a negative coach and his sides score lots of goals.

Glad we got that sorted.

Well it's finally the truth as far as wording on Mourinho goes. 

No prizes for 'guessing' why it took so long. 

"One of us" finally got his dream job. I wish him no luck ,especially after his behavior last season. 

Edited by Arkie