• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

Pretty funny watching people who get very snide about perspectives that don't tally with their own get huffy about not being allowed an opinion.

Think one of the tests for me here is how people felt about Mourinho when things were going well here. Because he's really not acting all that differently now. 

6 hours ago, Ham said:

I dislike Jose's arrogant, petulant, spoilt brat persona and how he isolated certain players in our squad in a cruel fashion but I'm not entitled to have that opinion.

Which opinion?  the one where you define JM's persona or the one where you state his acts towards certain players?  Which of those is an opinion and not just pure invention based on prejudice?

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Did he isolate players anymore than Conte is doing? Like really, if you think about it we've used the starting XI plus Willian and somewhat Fabregas. That's it really. 

Not even Jose isolated players in the manner Conte is doing. Food for thought (for some it seems).

Thankyou.  It does seem that logic and facts go out of the window when it comes to supporting set in stone opinions on JM.

StebzAno   
19 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Think one of the tests for me here is how people felt about Mourinho when things were going well here.

Maybe that's one of the issues.  Perhaps if Man Utd starting winning and he returns to being 'the happy one' his better character might show again.

As with others my respect for Jose began to falter when his interviews became very odious, and with Jose now wearing red, my blue tinted glasses perhaps don't have same effect of nullifying the negative side of him, and I can almost now see what non-Chelsea fans were complaining about.

46 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Think one of the tests for me here is how people felt about Mourinho when things were going well here. 

Who are you testing?  :)

Ham   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Pretty funny watching people who get very snide about perspectives that don't tally with their own get huffy about not being allowed an opinion.

Think one of the tests for me here is how people felt about Mourinho when things were going well here. Because he's really not acting all that differently now. 

The thing is I've said a few times that I don't particularly like José as a person.  The word "lunacy" is being offered as a reason for my point of view. 

Ham   

"Which opinion is just pure invention based on prejudice?"

DWMH 16 February 2017

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

It does seem that logic and facts go out of the window when it comes to supporting set in stone opinions on JM.

Yep. Including yours. Maybe even, especially yours considering how 'set in stone' they obviously are..............

11 hours ago, Ham said:

Ok.  You've charmed me Dave and Droy.

I like José a lot.  I was wrong to say I personally had no time for him.  It was lunacy and an utter joke. 

Happier? 

I don't mind people not liking Jose. What I do mind is the made up reasons that our current manager is doing a lot worse but is getting praised for. 

19 hours ago, StebzAno said:

Maybe that's one of the issues.  Perhaps if Man Utd starting winning and he returns to being 'the happy one' his better character might show again.

As with others my respect for Jose began to falter when his interviews became very odious, and with Jose now wearing red, my blue tinted glasses perhaps don't have same effect of nullifying the negative side of him, and I can almost now see what non-Chelsea fans were complaining about.

Interesting debate. Your posts are always well considered but I will take the almost out of that sentence Stebz because I don't think you can quite bring yourself to say it:  The hatred and bile spewed at Mourinho (during his time with us)  particularly from Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United fans was justified. They were right and we were wrong.... he was and is a bit of a dick who got lucky. Or... were they wrong at the beginning of his tenure with us but right towards the end. And following that thought process do Man united fans think they were wrong to call him a dick because now they can see that actually he's ok. If you read a bit of the redcafe site, that is the general drift  I don't think any of us needs to be a rocket scientist to see what's going on here.

I will say this though. Mourinho was hero worshipped at this club by an awful lot of people.... maybe not at the end because of the dreadful results but for most of his time. We are not talking about Raffa or AVB or Grant or Scholari or even Ancellotti here. And he was hardly a failure when he left. The treble with Milan, the title with Madrid and the title when he returned to us (and lets see what happens at United). I for one am not going to suddenly jump on some scouse or gooner band wagon and start joining in the JM kicking. That doesn't mean I don't want United to lose every match because I always have and always will regardless of manager (unless it suits our club for them to do otherwise).      

On 15/02/2017 at 10:22 AM, Droy was my hero said:

It still remains true though - no matter how much it messes up with everyone's pet theories about last season.  The facts remain that the paper thin squad explains everything and all the theories have huge holes in them.  If you want to deny the obvious in return for fantasy theories - it is your choice.

Same here.  But more to the point I guess is that it really doesn't wind me up when Warnock or SAF or whoever tries to do the same.  What does wind me up is when the press manipulate quotes to change their meaning.

But surely, it's the same paper thin squad that improved under a different manager when Jose left??