cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

11,943 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Pretty astute move to bring him in then I think you would agree. JM gambled and with a bit of insider knowledge it paid off. And what do you think he's going to do in this close season...sit on his hands. JM at that club with there spending power will be a serious threat next season and we all need to come to terms with that.

But let's not get carried away because this season is about US.  United have won the smaller of the cups but the big prize is within our grasp. I'd rather Southampton had won it but I'm very pleased Arsenal or Liverpool didn't. Next season the CL will be within our grasp again so lets win the prem (and maybe the double) and re focus. 

To be honest, I couldn't care less what he does, how much he spends, how much of a threat they will or won't be. I don't like the manager, don't like the club, they are not really on my radar to focus on more specifically than anyone else this season or next.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

To be honest, I couldn't care less what he does, how much he spends, how much of a threat they will or won't be. I don't like the manager, don't like the club, they are not really on my radar to focus on more specifically than anyone else this season or next.

Now that's the spirit. 

23 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Now that's the spirit. 

I'm amazed that people do care. There is no thread for AVB over in Shanghai, no separate thread for Ancelotti in Germany, nothing for the newly unemployed Ranieri... I don't get the negative or positive prolonged fascination with JM - he's gone, I am very much over that period now. But I'll await the "Jose is box-office and creates headlines" rhetoric from those that persist with the testimonials.

(Not pointing that finger at you Nobly, BTW.)

I understand it, I'm glad he moved on because of the media circus he creates or what follows him.

I guess the reason we continue to blog on this thread is due to:

• Him being our most successful manager that has also moved to one of our major competitors
  • Him needing to play a different style than he is has before
  • Him being in the top five of managers of all time and still winning trophies
  • He has charisma, melodrama or whatever you call it.

16 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

• Him needing to play a different style than he is has before

Not sure I understand this, they were talking about it after the game yesterday. Ironically it was apparently after we beat them that he realised he had to change his style. I'm fairly sure Neville even said they now play 'The Manchester United Way'. 

I don't see it though, I've seen them a lot this season and all I have seen is a very Typical Mourinho team. Nothing has changed in the way he sets his teams out or the style they play.

Maybe because he's there now it will be seen as a more attractive, attacking style of football but the reality is it's the same football his teams have been playing for well over a decade.

39 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Not sure I understand this, they were talking about it after the game yesterday. Ironically it was apparently after we beat them that he realised he had to change his style. I'm fairly sure Neville even said they now play 'The Manchester United Way'. 

I don't see it though, I've seen them a lot this season and all I have seen is a very Typical Mourinho team. Nothing has changed in the way he sets his teams out or the style they play.

Maybe because he's there now it will be seen as a more attractive, attacking style of football but the reality is it's the same football his teams have been playing for well over a decade.

There is absolutely no way they are playing " the United Way"  I agree.

He's got a big vocal presence up front  : Drogba / Ibra

He's got a box to box goal getter in Midfield : Lampard / Mikhi

He;s got a static presence with good distribution skills  in Midfield : Mikel / Carrick

If anything they're a piss poor version of Chelsea.

4 hours ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

And so the love in with Jose goes on because he's at man utd, big deal they won the epl trophy, Southampton were the better team, and were cheated.

phil Neville going on how Ibra should be player of the year, really? Better then Kante?

I've been banging on for years how Ibra isn't only the best striker in the world, but one of the three best players full stop for a decade now. 

He's ridiculously good and although most on here or in England couldn't see it before doesn't make it any less true. 

That he comes here at the age of 35 and performs like this says all you need to know. Imagine fine came here at 25? He'd have been a PL legend. 

Clear PotY for me so far. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I've been banging on for years how Ibra isn't only the best striker in the world, but one of the three best players full stop for a decade now. 

He's ridiculously good and although most on here or in England couldn't see it before doesn't make it any less true. 

That he comes here at the age of 35 and performs like this says all you need to know. Imagine fine came here at 25? He'd have been a PL legend. 

Clear PotY for me so far. 

He has improved with age though I would say. He has always been very gifted but he has matured a bit in terms of his ability to deal with the team concept.

I remember him at Juve and Inter and it was no surprise that he struggled at Barca IMO. I lost track of him at AC milan a bit but I caught a few of his games over at PSG and he certainly seemed to be more involved in the team's overall play IMO. To me that is why he is better.. A striker who is involved is less likely to go missing as often as he did in the past. He was always a consistent goal scorer though.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

5 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Martin, why I think they are playing the 'Man U way' is by the players JM is now playing. Alongside Iba you have two of either Mhikytaryan, Martial or Linguard all either quick or able to go past players and deliver a decent cross. To me it is like back to the Fergie days with wingers like Sharpe, Giggs or Ronaldo (befre he became a striker).

With JM you also have the practical head which means he will thrown on Fellaini if plan A does not work.

Utd have two players that stand out alone.One Ibtra and the other de gea.without these players utd would be a mid table team.