• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

12 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

He has improved with age though I would say. He has always been very gifted but he has matured a bit in terms of his ability to deal with the team concept.

I remember him at Juve and Inter and it was no surprise that he struggled at Barca IMO. I lost track of him at AC milan a bit but I caught a few of his games over at PSG and he certainly seemed to be more involved in the team's overall play IMO. To me that is why he is better.. A striker who is involved is less likely to go missing as often as he did in the past. He was always a consistent goal scorer though.

He didn't struggle at Barca at all. He was on fire when played as their nine. Once Messi said he wanted to be the nine Zlatan was benched or used as a 'winger'. 

He should have moved to Real anyways. Him and Ronaldo in the same team would have destroyed anything put in front of them. 

Although I see what you mean with him improving with age, physically he's not as dominant as he once was. Maturity is important but in this league pace and strength even more so. He was a better player five years ago no doubt imo. 

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Utd have two players that stand out alone.One Ibtra and the other de gea.without these players utd would be a mid table team.

And what would we be without Costa and Hazard? 

Just look at last season huh. Midtable team was it? 

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Exactly. Every team has its key players. 

On 2/27/2017 at 11:44 AM, Hugh Jars 99 said:

I don't get the negative or positive prolonged fascination with JM

Whatever it is, this certainly seems pretty unlikely.

kev61   
22 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

The way a team plays is paramount.A team that plays well and loses is unlucky in the short term.A team that plays crap and gets results will get found out in the long term

Jasonb   

I was checking on the red café forum, you even have someone posting there as 'blue celery'.

The fans are really appreciating JM and expecting good things next season and agree the style is the best since AF departed.

I quite like the debate there, one thread was about Harry Kane and whether he was a top striker and the comparisons were made with Drogba and Costa and it was interesting to see they had respect for our strikers.

Other talk was about whether Pogba would become the midfield goal scoring machine that Lampard was.  Again good to see other fans appreciating our players.

52 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I was checking on the red café forum, you even have someone posting there as 'blue celery'.

The fans are really appreciating JM and expecting good things next season and agree the style is the best since AF departed.

I quite like the debate there, one thread was about Harry Kane and whether he was a top striker and the comparisons were made with Drogba and Costa and it was interesting to see they had respect for our strikers.

Other talk was about whether Pogba would become the midfield goal scoring machine that Lampard was.  Again good to see other fans appreciating our players.

I've posted on there before and been received in a reasonable way. One chap who clearly wasn't the captain of his school debating team started having at me at me for no good reason but he was quickly jumped on by the mods and other posters.  

• Like 1

On 2 March 2017 at 11:22 PM, Michael Tucker said:

Sobering to be reminded that there are Chelsea fans who aren't as fickle as one might fear and are able to cut through all the bullshit and see things for what they are.

Definitely worth a read. Thanks for the link Michael.  

Good article , tells it how it is and respectful of Mourinho's achievements.