cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

11,943 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

If so the logical conclusion would be that to stand on the sideline and yell instructions to all your highly paid highly motivated, highly skilled footballers would lose the dressing room too.  I don't think it works like that.

There is a big difference between the coaching of players during a game and waiting until after the game and telling the massed press and media that an international 21 year old player does not have the capability or intelligence to play football at the required level, unless he is being given every single instruction from the manager. I am not saying it is not true - JM will know that better than me, but you just dont do that in public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2017 at 4:29 PM, McCreadie said:

There is a big difference between the coaching of players during a game and waiting until after the game and telling the massed press and media that an international 21 year old player does not have the capability or intelligence to play football at the required level, unless he is being given every single instruction from the manager. I am not saying it is not true - JM will know that better than me, but you just dont do that in public.

I agree and for me its actions like that that lost him our dressing room. Somethings need to stay in house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, exiledblue said:

I agree and for me its actions like that that lost him our dressing room. Somethings need to stay in house.

What stayed in house more than anything while he was here was any suggestion that he lost the dressing room.  Just one of those wild ideas (along with Evagate) that people needed to make up for the fact that they couldn't count how few and how over played his players were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7 April 2017 at 4:29 PM, McCreadie said:

There is a big difference between the coaching of players during a game and waiting until after the game and telling the massed press and media that an international 21 year old player does not have the capability or intelligence to play football at the required level, unless he is being given every single instruction from the manager. I am not saying it is not true - JM will know that better than me, but you just dont do that in public.

Both yes and no. 

Ideally he'd keep it in-house but if he thinks that the player will react positively to a public dressing down then that's the right choice.

For us it's impossible to call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Both yes and no. 

Ideally he'd keep it in-house but if he thinks that the player will react positively to a public dressing down then that's the right choice.

For us it's impossible to call.

Exactly. Is it not plausible Jose has been saying it to Shaw every day at Training without effect and so gone public - which appear to have yielded results?

I know it's fashionable to call Jose the Antichrist now but when Balotelli is used as an example of a unfairly treated scapegoat you really need to end the discussion there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Both yes and no. 

Ideally he'd keep it in-house but if he thinks that the player will react positively to a public dressing down then that's the right choice.

For us it's impossible to call.

The problem is, Jose never keeps it in-house. From the top of my head he's done similar with the likes of Hazard, J.Cole, Carvalho, Mata, Balotelli, Kaka, Casillas, Pepe (for supporting Casillas), C.Ronaldo, Ramos, Quaresma, Schweinsteiger, Eto'o, Smalling and now Shaw. Then you have other managers and non-playing staff he's publicly criticised on top of that. Quite a list when you consider the man doesn't spend more than 3 years at a club.

Don't think one could say many those who were outed improved because of this type of handling either, suggesting a flaw in Mourinho's approach - be it with delivery or with selecting the right sort of personalities to utilise this method towards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

What stayed in house more than anything while he was here was any suggestion that he lost the dressing room.  Just one of those wild ideas (along with Evagate) that people needed to make up for the fact that they couldn't count how few and how over played his players were.

Yes, he over played his players the year before which didn't help.

International players like Luis, Schurrle, Salah and later Cuadrado never got a look in, whilst the same old players played week in, week out in a year when we went far in all competitions (bar FA Cup)

I never understood why, after winning the league, certain players were still involved for the last 3 games when they had started 50 plus matches already. They could have had almost another month off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always felt that Jose deliberately played the same first XI as a message to the board that those are the only good players he had. 

To understand Jose's management I think you need to try to understand group psychology and his approach to it. He wants to forge a strong group built on trust so he creates a straw man that everyone is out to get him in the hopes that it will foster a siege mentality. You're then either part of the group or against it. 

Looking at the Luke Shaw incident, he is openly confronting him and saying he doesn't deserve to be in the "circle of trust" because of his poor behaviour (training, effort, commitment etc.) in comparison to those who are in the group. Shaw can either accede to his demands and become part of the group or he can cause a fuss and leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a very toxic methodology. It works in the short term because  but in order for it to continue it must by definition have a continuous supply of fresh scapegoat.  Then chances are at some point  the 'wrong person' is selected  and the whole thing implodes. Which from a distance  it seems ,to do

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bluecueball said:

 

To understand Jose's management I think you need to try to understand group psychology and his approach to it. 

"Group  psychology" are you saying like talking  in an AA meeting,only in this case we are not talking about alcohol but Jose's ego?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now