cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

11,943 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

 The fact that the winners now get a free pass into the CL has really changed teams attitude to it. 

I think that's it in a nutshell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Not so sure that any of us gave that comp any respect while we were regularly doing well in the CL and even winning it. Spurs and Liverpool were in the losers cup and jokes abounded about them having to play Thursday night football against a team no one had ever heard at the arse end of the world. The fact that the winners now get a free pass into the CL has really changed teams attitude to it. 

Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember the ECWC, then. Given the choice of CL or EL, then obviously the former, but that's not to 'dismiss' the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we've moved onto CL & EL discussion, I was told today that BT Sport execs have got their knickers in a twist about a supposed plan being used by SKY of getting our teams who are/were involved in the two European Competitions, PL televised games as close as they can to the European game dates.

Allegations are that SKY are doing this to do all they can to get the teams out of European Competitions to scupper BT who have invested heavily in these rights and cut their UK viewing figures and advertising revenue streams! Sneaky gits, IF true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, East Lower said:

As we've moved onto CL & EL discussion, I was told today that BT Sport execs have got their knickers in a twist about a supposed plan being used by SKY of getting our teams who are/were involved in the two European Competitions, PL televised games as close as they can to the European game dates.

Allegations are that SKY are doing this to do all they can to get the teams out of European Competitions to scupper BT who have invested heavily in these rights and cut their UK viewing figures and advertising revenue streams! Sneaky gits, IF true.

Murdoch is capable of anything. After all his company hacked a dead schoolgirl's phone for a story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ham said:

Murdoch is capable of anything. After all his company hacked a dead schoolgirl's phone for a story.

The one person whose morals and ethics  can make Donald Trump look like Mahatma Gandhi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a printer back in the day when Murdoch and Thatcher went all out to break the NGA printers Union and take their jobs and give them to untrained electricians. Have never and will never subscribe to Sky or buy any of his rags. Have hated both of them since that day. One down one to go. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to hear you have principles Seafoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 12/04/2017 at 6:31 AM, East Lower said:

 

What's he guilty of, being a bit of a hypocrite? 

 

But he has become a 'serial' hypocrite in every way he just can't help himself.On a side note anyone see the utd match tonight?,they were strolling it and he brings on Mikel sorry Fellaini and nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 😄

Edited by kev61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2017 at 10:27 PM, East Lower said:

As we've moved onto CL & EL discussion, I was told today that BT Sport execs have got their knickers in a twist about a supposed plan being used by SKY of getting our teams who are/were involved in the two European Competitions, PL televised games as close as they can to the European game dates.

Allegations are that SKY are doing this to do all they can to get the teams out of European Competitions to scupper BT who have invested heavily in these rights and cut their UK viewing figures and advertising revenue streams! Sneaky gits, IF true.

The fact that this has not been sorted out properly after all these years is a complete disgrace. From the quarters onwards, they should just re-schedule as best they can. Are they really so short sighted to not realise that if PL teams do well in Europe, the PL gets better players and is therefore much more attractive (and worth more)? Run by total idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, McCreadie said:

The fact that this has not been sorted out properly after all these years is a complete disgrace. From the quarters onwards, they should just re-schedule as best they can. Are they really so short sighted to not realise that if PL teams do well in Europe, the PL gets better players and is therefore much more attractive (and worth more)? Run by total idiots.

Perhaps.  But I think the real reason the PL succeeds is because millions of people across Europe and Asia think that Stoke vs West Ham is likely to be a more exciting game than RM against 15 of the 17 la Liga teams, or PSG or BM against any other domestic oppo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now