• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

JaneB   
22 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Or perhaps he just wants to respect his new fans, by making his loyalties clear.  Like putting on your wedding ring when you take your wife to meet an ex-girlfriend.  I guess he has learnt that fans can be incredibly fickle at times.

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you should get out a bit more.  Loads of men only wear their wedding rings on certain occasions.  Go to a wedding, you'll find half a dozen male wearing wedding rings you didn't know they had.

I mean this is just bizarre even by your standards.  Why would 'loads of men' be bothered to keep putting their wedding rings on and off?  (Unless they shouldn't be married in the first place........).

And putting it on when you take your wife to meet an ex-girlfriend to make your loyalties clear........REALLY?  How incredibly arrogant and patronising.  The ex-girlfriend is well rid and the wife should be too, not least because who wants to go and meet your partner's ex? 

^You'll find that a lot of men get wedding rings at marriage, but rarely wear them after the first couple of months.  They are uncomfortable, never been worn before, and get hidden quickly, ideally before anyone really notices.  They come out for special occasions.  This is not rare or uncommon.  Ask yourself what percent of men get given a ring at their wedding, and what percent of 5 year married men wear rings.

JaneB   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

^You'll find that a lot of men get wedding rings at marriage, but rarely wear them after the first couple of months.  They are uncomfortable, never been worn before, and get hidden quickly, ideally before anyone really notices.  They come out for special occasions.  This is not rare or uncommon.  Ask yourself what percent of men get given a ring at their wedding, and what percent of 5 year married men wear rings.

Strangely enough I don't often ask myself what percentage of men get a wedding ring and have then discarded it 5 years later but I'll bow to your superior knowledge on this (as with so many other things) because I can't be bothered to argue the toss.

• Like 1

Sea foot   

Always wear mine. Always have, always will. Most men I know do as well. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

What it is, is complete bollocks. It may happen as you describe in some perverse parallel universe, but not in the real world. Since this is such a silly proposition (even for you), I have to assume that your trolling for a reaction, again.

Sciatika   

I wonder irf it is cultural or generational maybe. I come from a working class rural background (a long line of agricultural labourers). My grandad (a trench digger) had one and wore his - my Nan would have insisted. My Father had one but never wore his. However he worked in a factory on machines so it might be to do with that, When I got married, men rarely had rings and, if they did, they didn't often wear them. When asked whether they would have one, they would often reply that there wre more important things to spend money on. I think many people do wear them these these days. I suppose, if you chose to get one, it must be important to you and you would wear it. I can't say whether people pick and chose when to wear them, though.

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I wonder irf it is cultural or generational maybe.

No - it is just Droy said that so we are obliged to disagree.  
It really is quite fun sometimes to get people to make idiotic claims about how wrong I am.  

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It really is quite fun sometimes to get people to make idiotic claims about how wrong I am.  

Hang on a minute , I've grown up on this board believing you were never wrong , don't spoil the illusion , I'm your biggest fan , after you that is.

synavm   

I'm newly married as is my best mate. I've literally never met anyone that takes their wedding ring on and off. Sure it feels weird wearing jewellery but you get used to it pretty quick. My family would probably think I'm cheating if I had the ring on some days, off on others!

Also, the idea of taking my wife to meet an ex Girlfriend to show where my loyalties is pretty odd in my mind.

Nothing at all against Droy, just something I've never come across.

Edited by synavm