cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

11,943 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, synavm said:

I'm newly married as is my best mate. I've literally never met anyone that takes their wedding ring on and off. Sure it feels weird wearing jewellery but you get used to it pretty quick. My family would probably think I'm cheating if I had the ring on some days, off on others!

Also, the idea of taking my wife to meet an ex Girlfriend to show where my loyalties is pretty odd in my mind.

Nothing at all against Droy, just something I've never come across.

Precisely....

A dilemma for JM. They are back in touching distance of City and their game with Tottenham could have a lot riding on it again. He might need to win that game a lot more than he would want to.

I see JM was yet again wearing an unbranded (in terms of any Man U badges) coat today.

28 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I see JM was yet again wearing an unbranded (in terms of any Man U badges) coat today.

But was he wearing his wedding ring?

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Or standing in the right place?

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Actually , he was. (I checked)

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:25 AM, synavm said:

I'm newly married as is my best mate. I've literally never met anyone that takes their wedding ring on and off. Sure it feels weird wearing jewellery but you get used to it pretty quick. My family would probably think I'm cheating if I had the ring on some days, off on others!

Also, the idea of taking my wife to meet an ex Girlfriend to show where my loyalties is pretty odd in my mind.

Nothing at all against Droy, just something I've never come across.

It's a funny tangent the thread has taken yet I'll throw in my thoughts.

Once you have kids and split up then chances of your current girlfriend meeting your ex increase if you stay in contact with the kids.

Would never wear a ring and have always thought they were for women, know other chaps though do wear them. In my circle the majority don't. 

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

Once you have kids and split up then chances of your current girlfriend meeting your ex increase if you stay in contact with the kids.

One way.  Another is if you maintain close contact with a group of friends for some time - say from University or a sports club.  Pretty hard not to find an ex if you go to a college reunion.  

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

It's a funny tangent the thread has taken yet I'll throw in my thoughts.

Would never wear a ring and have always thought they were for women, know other chaps though do wear them. In my circle the majority don't. 

Hypothetical question then, given that you don't wear a wedding ring ever.......

Let's say, for example, you were the manager of a football team. You spoke often of your love for the club and especially the fans. Came back for a second time and gushed about the special relationship and your love for the club and the fans. The club sack you twice so admittedly you would owe them no respect going forward. The fans support you to the end and beyond.

You then move to a direct rival and only wear the new club's badge whenever you played the old club so that you can pump the badge in front of the old club's fans.

In this completely hypothetical situation, what's your opinion?  Would it be fair to say that you are acting like a dick?

Droy made a good point about college reunions and girlfriends meeting ex's and I can relate similar potential scenarios with office relationships too.

Re Ham's point that is obviously a reference to JM and I would say his actions of moving to a direct rival and kissing their badge in such a brazen manner is unwise. Yet you could argue he is being true to his character by kissing this new badge to show his commitment to the new cause yet supporters of his former club might well see that as a betrayal. As a friend once said to me when discussing aspect of current affairs, if the politicians do bad things there will be consequences.

I think he should have moved abroad and see that he has never taken on a second role until now in the same country. However he states he has put his family considerations first. I think he could have moved abroad if he had wanted to and France or Germany would have allowed him to have a fresh start. The fact that he did not I am unable to determine if he was swayed by the tradition, history or spending power of Man U or whether he is really putting his family first.